This Astrologers' Forum

This area of the forum is for Western and Vedic astrology discussions. Please post personal issues in the appropriate forum area.

Moderator: Noel Eastwood

Pem

Re: This Astrologers' Forum

Post by Pem »

Hello Everyone !

I am Pem. I just joined the Forum and am interested in doing Vedic astrological
readings for you and also making my own contributions. Some of you would already know me
and its good to see you again.
I hope I can be of help to you.

Kind Regards - Pem
PEM
Charity Vedic Astrologer
http://www.astrologersforum.com/forum/v ... =66&t=2870
**AS ABOVE - SO BELOW**
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi pem and welcome.

Thank you for your offer to assist others here and we look forward to your contributions.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
usindia

Post by usindia »

Dear-sir,
i-think-that-astrology-is-a-developing-science.some-of-its-rules-are-found-out-and-many-many-rules-are-still-undiscovered.-thus-in-its-present-state,-it-is-not-fully-reliable.advice-of-even-most-expert-astrologer-is-not-deserving-blind-faith.-guidance-of-macro-level-is-O.K.
usindia-india
rightsmith423

Post by rightsmith423 »

I know Astrology is very Powerful science which can tell about the Past, Present and Future of the person's. I also interested to know about my past and Future. Mostly I want to know what we achieve in last moments of my life. If i know then i am satisfy, we are doing right or wrong.
iriishka

Post by iriishka »

@usindia:
what do you mean exactly? The planets until Saturn (included) have been highly observed, therefore as long as you are with your interpretation within the traditional rulers, you are more than safe, i think. Indeed if you switch to modern rulers, which havent yet been studied enough because we didnt have time to notice the cyclicty of events according to the planets' positions, you could be wrong sometimes.
More than that, I really cant understand that part with "believing" in astrology. This is an empirical field, things can be checked, proved, you cover the gap of something that you can not prove with "faith" or a "belief"...but isnt the case here. Also medicine developed empirical - "it has been observed that this plant ease this kind of symptoms" and we got where we are and we still use empirism to discover stuff there. Same in astrology - "it has been observed that when X planet is positioned in Y section of the sky and Z is close to it, this event take place everytime" - you can check, isnt a problem of being reliable or not. From my pov, astrology doesnt require the verb "to believe". And also from my pov, when astrology doesnt seem to work, is not because of astrology but more likely because the astrolog missed something. (i remember i went to some astro workshops time ago and since i am introverted myself and i dont enjoy being the in the center of attention, i like to listen to others and to what they have to say. There were few persons who were saying all sort of silly things - i know astro has a high dose of subjectivism but still, after a certain point any sensible astrologer can identify those "silly" things i was talking about - but one of them was super happy for opening her personal office where to give paid consultations. I was thinking, in silence, with regret about her future clients for whom astrology will simply not work after all, for whom astrology isnt something to "believe" in, just a field of bastard scammers, when actually wasnt astrology to be blamed there, but the astrolog) :roll:

@all: those who practice astrology really enjoy being asked questions to the point. The more vague your questions are ("tell me about my chart", "what is going to happen to me in the future?"), the higher chances to be left without response. Do you have idea how much time it takes to understand a chart and make some relevant and complete interpretations? Its been more than 12 years since I study it (just to give my personal example), and after such a long time i still find in my chart details which apparently i have been missing all this time, unbelieveably. Therefore, such vague or general questions will either be answered very superficially (with high chances of innacuracy and, at least in my case,this gives me a sense of mediocrity about myself which i deeply dislike) or, what i am sure most astrologers do, these questions will not be answered at all.
Therefore: 1 concern = 1 question. To the point, straightforward. This way you increase the chances someone to answer your question. :wink:
Blue

Post by Blue »

Hello everyone, I've just joined the forum. I couldn't find where to say and introductory hello, so I hop it's okay to post here.

I first got interested in astrology in my teens and drew up my chart by hand (no software available back then!) but I never got very much further in terms of learning how to interpret charts. I've recently got back into it and am doing an online course on ancient astrology now which I'm finding fascinating. I consider myself more of a beginner. I also have a general interest in divination topics (particularly tarot) too.

I look forward to engaging with you all in the forum here:)
Blue

Post by Blue »

Hi, quick question, is there a section on the forum dedicated to ancient/hellenistic astrology? Or would that just come under the section on Western astrology along with modern astrology?
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Welcome to our forum, Blue, I think the Personal Queries, General Discussions and the Students Section-Western Astrology might be the best places to post in given your interests. I am fascinated with Hellenistic astrology too but it is a very broad and deep field, anything you find would be most welcome to post, perhaps in the student section and we can see if we can get a dialogue going there. As per tarot, the current Tarot section would be appropriate but you can also post in the Western Student Section. Please feel free to reach out to me whenever you want.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Thanks Noel!:)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Blue,

You could also post about such matters in the "History of Astrology" section of the Forum.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]