solar return chart :)

Describes the energies and areas according to the moment the Sun returns to its exact natal position as it recurs in the current year, and in the current location.
illusion

solar return chart :)

Post by illusion »

hello, this is the first time i am doing a solar return chart and i am not familiar with them, my birthday is coming up and i have had a lot of up and downs recently so i decided to take a look. first thing i noticed is that my moon is in the 7th house in the solar chart, so i am assuming relationships of any kind are gonna take forefront this year. however for the past few months ive had very unstable relationships and ended some of my longest friendships also, the ruler of my 7th house is venus and uranus is forming a square aspect to venus which rules relationships in general so i figured that might be why. the moon in taurus in the solar chart is also squaring my natal leo moon and ive been having more emotional troubles and family issues again! im not sure if this means that 2023 will be having these themes in general. if anyone here could give me some input i would appreciate it a lot, thank you! :)
Attachments
solar return 2.png
solar return 2.png (140.41 KiB) Viewed 1020 times
solar return.png
solar return.png (135.05 KiB) Viewed 1020 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: solar return chart :)

Post by admin »

Hi illusion,

You have a very good grasp of astrology and clearly able to link so many parts very well.
But you're leaping around and in doing so, possibly missing some important factors. (Something I'm frequently guilty of, I have to admit).

It's probably better to look at the SR first, and then add your own planets.
Sag. Rises so Jupiter rules the SR. This gives a clue as to your approach to the year, and with Jupiter in Aries in the SR 3rd, this suggests a terrific appetite for facts and data, especially as Jupiter sextiles Mars in Gemini in the 6th, as well as your Sun in Aquarius (astrology amongst other matters) in the 2nd (values).
Given that Neptune is also in the SR 3rd, and in square to the Asc./Desc., there can be confusion by trying to take in too much data, or in conveying such (or your thoughts) to others, especially with Neptune ruling the 3rd. This is great for grasping the 'sense' of all that data intuitively, but your mind is racing ahead of itself.

Mercury rules the 7th (relationships), and 6th, as well as the 9th, and is Rising in Saturn-ruled Capricorn (intercepted in the 1st).
This shows the difficulty in getting your thoughts in order, especially about work routines, relationships and 'alien'/new and 'higher' subjects, but... with effort, it can be done.

4th House (home life) is ruled by Mars, which describes the difficulties therein. Also, Eris is conjunct the IC/4th House cusp, and this planetoid is relevant to discord and dissatisfaction. However, the North Node is in the 4th which shows that working on your home situation will bring great rewards and satisfaction. But with the Sun in square to the Nodes, ego (or your "individuality") and rebelliousness can interfere. Enter Uranus (just in the 4th but within 1 degree of the 5th) also in square to your Sun and stubbornness sets in. However, Uranus is trine Mercury, so insights into your own behaviour can help with such situations.

Uranus is 'displaced' (ruled by) Venus, which in turn rules your 10th House, your NN, and Uranus - so, 'diplomacy' is important to your status and reputation. Venus is in Pisces in the 2nd (it's 'natural' abode), which suggests that your 'values' are at stake, and that you may be somewhat confused about what your values are at times. This, in turn, can also contribute to confusion of thoughts and of how you convey your feelings to others (Venus in Pisces ruled by Neptune in the 3rd).

The Moon rules your intercepted 7th, and in fixed Taurus in the 5th, again suggests the need for clarity and stability in love and relationships, not least of all because the Moon is in square to Saturn (fixed Signs).

The Moon is trine Pluto (ruling the 11th), which suggests the eradication of old, outworn 'friendships' etc. but also the possible renewal of some of these on a different level.

This SR has similarities to your Progressed chart (Sag. Rising/Libra 10th), so there are valuable opportunities to be had during this year... if you are as self-aware as you can be. Family/home matters can be rectified, providing you try to see things from the side of others. It's also a great year to study and develop metaphysical/higher mind matters. By the way, with Neptune and Jupiter in the SR 3rd and the latter ruling your SR 12th (as well as SR Asc.), it's a really good idea to write down your dreams as you'll learn a lot from them.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
illusion

Re: solar return chart :)

Post by illusion »

hello!! :) i was so happy when i saw the notification and read your post, i cant thank you enough.
and also thank you for the compliment, i feel like i know some stuff about astrology but the problem is probably that i always learn by doing and by just taking snippets in.. sadly i never actually read any books on it, i really want to though :(

one thing that i found extremely interesting was that you mentioned neptune being in the 3rd, i feel like this might also explain why i have been feeling even less grounded than usual lately, i have been extremely forgetful. i already struggle with feeling grounded and staying connected to reality so its been hard, i feel like im very disconnected from everyone at the moment.
also my focus has been terrible lately, but i am incredibly interested in gaining information im actually looking up stuff and researching basically every 10 minutes so youre right about that as well and it does feel like i cant actually retain much of the information im looking at.

talking about my natal chart, the 4th house in mars is probably one of the things that keeps me connected to placidus still i have been utilizing whole signs a lot more now but i resonate with the mars and lilith in 4h so so so much. and i also relate to my mars being in aries a lot as well, but i feel like if it is in the 4h it might explain my temper a bit more. i can express anger but i angry cry for example lol, maybe its that but i also know its receiving a square from jupiter in cancer so i dont know. i feel like i can also resonate with mars in the 6th though..

and when i use whole signs my chiron shifts to the third. this is extremely accurate for me i feel like my school history has to be record breaking in the sense that i was a horrible student. i had 400 hours of absence in one year so you can imagine how that was :cry: and my stellium also shifts from the third to the fourth in whole signs, i dont have a close connection to my family at all im probably the most detached one in my entire family but i do feel like i can resonate with 4h themes as part of my personality... im so sorry for rambling but ive been wanting to talk about this and i had to bring it up :cry:
i also wasnt aware about eris on the IC, so thank you for that im just now starting to learn more about asteroids and fixed stars! this is really interesting.

also about diplomacy, this is actually insanely true i been getting in a LOT of arguments or certain situations with people and i actually have been ignoring it or brushing things off a lot because i know that if i entertain it it wont do me any good, and this has been hard for me because its not usually what i like to do. this has been a major theme in my life for a while now. but i am actually glad to hear this now because whenever i brush things off i often regret it because its really not something i love to do because even if im being diplomatic it feels like im repressing my feelings somehow but i felt like that was the right choice and this feels like a confirmation

i truly hope i can work on myself more and take on to more chances this year, my mind is full of this everyday like this is the single thing that i probably think about all the time. i just wanna do better in every single area of my life but my mind just feels so cloudy. i have been trying to dream journal! some of my dreams are so vivid and crazy that i even remember them without writing them down, i know that a lot of people believe that dreams are just about all the information your subconscious has collected throughout the day but personally i do feel like dreams have deeper meaning. for example, in my circle whenever people have passed away everyone would get dreams about the death weeks before. so after noticing that ive been trying to pay more attention, i have really vivid dreams sometimes so i love doing that, sometimes i also wake up in the middle of the dream and then i go back to sleep and continue on the part where i left off lol.

thank you so much for your kindness and for sharing your knowledge with me. i hope i didnt overshare in this reply but i am learning a lot from you and everything you said has resonated with me a lot and explained things that i havent been able to put into words. <3
i hope you are doing well and having a great day <3 :)