Afflictions in synastry

Note that synastry requires two charts to be set up and analysed so, before asking, please make sure that this is a serious relationship. This is a free board and our time to respond is limited.
illusion

Afflictions in synastry

Post by illusion »

hello again :)) theres a topic i was really curious about for a while, i researched a bit but couldnt find much. I wanted to know how an afflicted planet in the natal chart would play out in synastry. I will give an example, person A has a cancer venus with many squares/oppositions to it. how will person A feel if person Bs planets also form harsh aspects to person As venus? venus is the planet which shows us what we are attracted to, what we like, etc. but do you think that venus being afflicted severely could actually make someone dislike their venus sign?
I have seen some people say that if there are harsh or even positive aspects being formed to an already afflicted planet in synastry, it can create even more strain for the person with the afflicted planet. but i have also seen some say that e.g if you have an afflicted venus you might love someone whose natal planets squares/opposes your venus because it embodies that energy i guess. I know this is a complicated question and that i formulated this a bit weirdly but i tried my best :D I hope someone here can help me out :)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Afflictions in synastry

Post by admin »

I wanted to know how an afflicted planet in the natal chart would play out in synastry. I will give an example, person A has a cancer venus with many squares/oppositions to it. how will person A feel if person Bs planets also form harsh aspects to person As venus?
It would - as always - depend on the Signs and Houses involved and also the particular Planets aspecting Venus in either or both charts, as well as the type of aspect (square, opposition, quincunx).
Very generally speaking though, Person A would be very sensitive and wary of being hurt in such a relationship - possibly they might not be attracted to each other immediately, or they may find that their approach to 'love' or to relationships differs widely. If other factors in the chart draw them together, then Person A might keep withdrawing into their 'shell' to protect themselves from what they feel is hurtful behaviour towards them by the other person, which would certainly be a strain for them.
venus is the planet which shows us what we are attracted to, what we like, etc. but do you think that venus being afflicted severely could actually make someone dislike their venus sign?
Bearing in mind what I had said previously, it's probable that the Venus person in question feels unattractive or unlovable in some way (especially if the difficult aspect is from Saturn), and so is super-sensitive to any real or imagined hurtful behaviour by the other person.
I have seen some people say that if there are harsh or even positive aspects being formed to an already afflicted planet in synastry, it can create even more strain for the person with the afflicted planet.

Again yes it would be quite stressful for the Venus person as it would highlight to them their already possibly low tolerance for emotional pain or hurt.
but i have also seen some say that e.g if you have an afflicted venus you might love someone whose natal planets squares/opposes your venus because it embodies that energy i guess.
Perhaps "fascination" might be a way to describe such an attraction - not least of all because this can so easily be mistaken for "love", especially if such as Pluto or Neptune is involved. Also, there are many other feelings that can be mistaken for "love", such as a strong admiration, or seeing the person as a mentor or even 'parent' - the latter if Saturn is involved.

But really, this is all very general and always the Whole Chart and inter-aspects etc. need to be taken into account as Venus is only one (although important of course) facet of the multitude of energy-exchanges between two people. Furthermore, no less the lives and backgrounds of each person, the period and ages at which they've come together, as well as each person's nature, all have a bearing and influence on how such difficult aspects will be experienced.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
illusion

Re: Afflictions in synastry

Post by illusion »

thank you for your insightful reply :) this helped a lot. I have more questions, if you dont mind answering of course. please feel free to just disregard my reply if you dont feel like answering because i know this is a lot and what you have said has already helped me a ton. i was wondering how an affliction like that would play out both in natal and synastry. what you said about an afflicted venus makes a lot of sense, feeling unloved. i can also imagine an afflicted sun would mean issues with the ego and confidence etc, afflicted mars could be trouble expressing anger or being too violent, but im not sure about an afflicted moon. trouble expressing emotions perhaps? being too emotional? i know that this also depends on the planets and the aspects involved.

i am curious about the square and opposition aspects between sun-moon and moon-venus. i have a leo moon (i believe i showed you my chart before, i think you are the person who was so kind to give me an interpretation about pluto! :)) and tend to have really interesting relationships with aquarius moons.. i always thought its supposed to be easier for me since i am also an aquarius but its not! some of my best relationships were with aquarius moons but they had a lot of up and downs, often i felt like the relationship was really just about them and not me, i kind of feel like this could be because my leo moon is already quite afflicted with oppositions from my aquarius planets?

their moon would also fall in my third/fourth house ruled by aquarius. i have met people whose moons fall in my 7th house (taurus) and its always a very deep but also intense relationship because it forms a square to all of my personal planets. since i have a lot of oppositions and squares in my natal most of my closest relationships were always with people with whom i also had a lot of that with + positive aspects like conjunctions etc.
something that is interesting is that i never get along with people or form relationships with people with whom i have very easy aspects with.

i also have an aquarius venus! so whenever someones moon/venus makes a nice aspect like a conjunction to either my moon or venus, one where i feel like someone truly gets me usually there is still an opposition to either of them. I was also wondering if you believe that an affliction exists even if its a ''positive'' aspect, for example a trine to uranus/pluto/saturn etc. sorry for bombarding you with questions but im really interested and everyone seems to have a different opinion on this subject but i know that you have a lot of experience and im learning a lot on this forum.

thanks a lot for your reply and i hope you are having a nice day :) <3