The planet closest to the Midheaven

For Beginners to Advanced Students or other Members.

Moderators: Pem, Hamid

Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

The planet closest to the Midheaven

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi, it is Noel from the western section here. I am currently writing an article on the planet closest to the midheaven which western astrologers call the 'most elevated planet' and which I call the Planet of High Degree. I am sure that my vedic brothers and sisters have much more information and I am sure that westerner astrologers got it from you in the first place.

Can someone please provide me with a bit more information on its origins and how you interpret it? Thank you.
Pem

Re: The planet closest to the Midheaven

Post by Pem »

Hello Noel
You certainly are not new to most of our Members and you have come up with an
interesting Topic on this Study Forum on this special Full Moon Day which is an
unusual co-incidence.

I invite all learned members of our Vedic Astrology Forum to make their valuable contributions
on this Topic and I do hope it will help achieve your requirements for this article you have in mind.
viz: Definitions, Origins, Interpretations. (Please note to refer to source if copied.)

Regards
PEM
Charity Vedic Astrologer
http://www.astrologersforum.com/forum/v ... =66&t=2870
**AS ABOVE - SO BELOW**
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Thanks Pem, it is one of those little things in western astrology that I am sure has a vedic origin. Hopefully one of our esteemed astrologers has some background on it.
Pem

Post by Pem »

Hello Noel

A Planet in the 10H:

The 10H governs career, fame, and status among other things. It is considered an Upachaya House,
meaning a growing house, where malefic planets flourish. Therefore, any planet posited within is of
great benefit unless it is badly aspected, weak or in its fallen/detriment sign or enemy's house.

The 10H is in a quadrant in the Mid day or Medium Coeli position and the rising degree will be
the closest point for making an orb with the planet in question. Therefore, any planet posited within
will be prominent, powerful, and recognizable influences. Also, as a Growing House, any tendencies
indicated by an occupying planet will grow in strength as life progresses. And there is, as in any Growing
House, more free will to overcome any negative effects indicated.

The 'doers' or indicators,(Karakas) of the 10H are the Sun, Mercury, Jupiter, and Saturn. But final
judgement of 10H matters should not be made without due consideration of the house 'doers' or
'indicators' as well as the Lord of the 10H.

There are so many other factors that must be taken into account : viz. the houses that the planet owns
and rules, whether it is a functional malefic or benefic which is known from the Ascendant of the Chart.
Also the constellation or nakshatra that rules the planet plays an important part. Then the rising degree
of the planet in question - is it in infancy or old age or is it placed in its full stride/retrograde/young &
energetic age. Their thinking also extended to further tools, like Divisional Charts which gave a microscopic
view of the 10H and assisted in further assessment of the efficacy of the planet in question. The two
important charts in addition to the D1(Main) were the D9(Navamsa) & D10 (Dasamsa) charts which indicated how
the planet in question will be faring in the future and in its time of reign during Planetary Periods called :
Mahadasas(Main Period), Antaradasas & Priyantara dasas or sub periods.

Furthermore, they used another important tool to determine the actual placement of the planet in question.
This tool is called the Bhava Chalita Chart that determines the true positioning of the planet in question since it
could be placed in the House just before the 10H or the house just after the 10H, which can change the whole
picture and give a different interpretation.
So as you will see, there are so many factors that must be taken into account using the Vedic System of Astrology.

It would have been more helpful and effective if you had a chart in mind and wished to discuss same on this point.
But, we have to make sure that the planet in question is indeed in the 10H placement, as it is necessary to take into
account the Equinoxal difference or Ayanamsha which will assist in the interpretation.

I do hope you will find the above informative and receive many more responses.
Regards
PEM
Charity Vedic Astrologer
**AS ABOVE - SO BELOW**
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Pem, thank you so much, this is pure gold. I don't understand all of it so I have some study ahead of me, but I certainly understand the main points and its complexity. I'll post my own chart for you to demonstrate, thank you so much. It has Neptune conjunct the MC. As you said, this is the best way to learn and I certainly agree with you.

19th August 1955
3.15 pm
Sydney, Australia

I use the Whole Sign house system, the simple house system western astrology basically forgot during the middle ages when our Christian religion took to burning and torturing anyone who practised the esoteric arts. From around 700 to 1700 AD the pagans, healers and psychics in the western world were decimated by Christianity. They took away our natural heritage and killed our wise practitioners. We lost a thousand years of knowledge and have struggled to rebuild our foundations. Most of our rebuilding has happened in the 20th century through Dr Carl Jung and a few others who used astrology to understand human psychology.

It was during these horrific times in Europe that vedic astrology continued to flourish. How fortunate we are that your people had the wisdom to uphold esoterica throughout this period.
Pem

Post by Pem »

Hello Noel
Thanks for your appreciation.
I wish I could have helped you but my knowledge of the outer planets is lacking.
Also my astro progrom does not produce charts with these planets even for me
to take a look at the placement of Neptune and if it is in the midheaven.
I hope someone will be able to look into your question and interpret same.
Regards
PEM
Charity Vedic Astrologer
**AS ABOVE - SO BELOW**
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Pem, my mistake, I had forgotten the vedic system uses the visible planets. Not a problem, I'm sure that someone will see this and make comment.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hello Pem, what orb do you use for planets to the Midheaven? I'll locate a chart that will fit your model, thanks.