Toxic synastry

Note that synastry requires two charts to be set up and analysed so, before asking, please make sure that this is a serious relationship. This is a free board and our time to respond is limited.
LittleOrchid

Toxic synastry

Post by LittleOrchid »

Hi, i showed my synastry to an astrologer and he said I should run for the hills as my partner is gonna manipulate me and get abusive. I personally don’t see it and he is a super nice and friendly guy. So i just wanted to get a second opinion on the synastry. Is it really that bad? He also says next year he will show his real face and he will want me to break off contacts with my family etc. It made me extremely anxious
Attachments
D706C941-4C60-4E26-BBE5-EF219502D2B7.png
D706C941-4C60-4E26-BBE5-EF219502D2B7.png (691.36 KiB) Viewed 705 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Toxic synastry

Post by admin »

Hi LittleOrchid,

Please give birth data (date, place, time of birth) for both people.

If you wish to keep this data private you can pm me with it.

Thanks.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
admin
Site Admin

Re: Toxic synastry

Post by admin »

Hi LittleOrchid,

There are strong influences in both your charts with regard to Pluto, the energies of which can be 'manipulative' or 'controlling', especially in relationships. However, Pluto also has a positive side, and that is that it can transform both partners in ways that neither would have been able to do or accomplish 'alone', albeit with considerable effort and self-awareness by both partners.

Interestingly, with your Pluto conjunct his Asc. and square his Moon, it's more likely that (without realising it) you are the 'stronger' one with the power to change him and to transform him. Naturally, it's likely he will resist if you push too hard, and in that case - with his Scorpio Asc. and Venus/Pluto/Mercury in Scorpio - he would perhaps attempt to manipulate you by subtle means...that is...IF he wasn't self-aware. With his study of psychology, it's likely that he understands these potential subtle 'games', and that alone is a massive step towards a healthy relationship.

In turn, your Uranus sextile your Sun/Mercury in the 7th House/Relationships, gives you great insight into relationship matters, and an understanding of the need for each person to be an independent being.
Add that his Venus/Pluto/Mercury is in sextile to your Uranus and trine to your Sun/Mercury, so what may be 'hidden' (by Pluto/Scorpio energies) tend to be revealed and able to be transformed positively into understanding and awareness, by both of you.

His Libra Sun can 'give way' to the wants or needs of another as it wants 'peace and harmony'. This CAN obviously result in avoidance of confrontations, which his Scorpio can then quietly build resentment about...IF he doesn't express his his feelings about something.
Naturally, this can lead to eventual explosions, and 'blame games'. But again, he may be aware of this and realise what's going on within himself. Also, with your Mars trine his Sun, it's likely that you're able to give him avenues to express his 'Self' and encourage him to be 'upfront and honest'.

Libra is ruled by Venus, and your Venus is conjunct his North Node in Aries (his 'future Path'), so you have a natural way of relating to 'men', and your vivacity inspires him to find his own path forward. It's not all rosy however, as your Venus is opposite his Mars (conjunct his South Node - Past), so you may find that at times he his hesitant to move forward in the way in which you would like to...and this can result in occasionally being 'out of step' with each other. Perhaps you want to try something new impulsively, whilst he would prefer to weigh up the possibilities - the pros and cons - before taking such a step or action.

What you're 'helping' him to do is break old habit patterns, which naturally can be hard to do as the old, known ways are safer. This is possibly some source of conflict at times.
But again, your Jupiter is in good aspect to both your Venus/his North Node, and his Mars/South Node and this suggests an eventual smoothing over of such conflicts, as there is a lack of rancour because its very forgiving.

So, No. I don't think you should 'run for the hills'.
Just that you need to be as open and as honest as you can be with each other, which is obviously necessary for any relationship anyway.

Hope this helps, and if you have any further queries I will try to assist.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]