Birth time rectification

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
Mohamed Rjab

Birth time rectification

Post by Mohamed Rjab »

Hi dear astrologer
I have a question about rectification of birth time with the trutine of Hermes or Nimodar ,when I'm try to rectify my birth time (becouse I feel that is inaccurate regarding primary direction and solar arc I found a gap of 2 years )
Also with transit a gap of 4 months. And when I'm trying to rectify with the Nimodar method I found that is also inaccurate becouse I found that the ruler of the syzygy chart was Saturn near the descendant 0.54 ° aquarius and when I Put the asc degrees at the same degree of Saturn i found a big gap between this Method and trutine of hermes . With trutine of hermes I calculate the asc degree , I found it asc =22.46° capricorn.
On this Two methods I'm confusing on counting one of them , I know that I'm a capricorn rising and with the trutine of hermes I found a gap of 6 months in solar arc and primary direction of some events occurred in the past such as surgery ,graduation,set back in career,deaths ...

My question is which of these two Methods are more accurate?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Birth time rectification

Post by admin »

Hi Mohamed Rjab,

Surely, and as you are finding, chart rectification is one of the most difficult and trickiest matters of all, and clearly you've examined at length the systems you mention.

Re those systems - correct me if I'm wrong - the Tritune of Hermes is relevant to the time of conception ? - which is obviously almost impossible to know accurately.
And it appears that the Nimodar system is relevant to Vedic astrology (so that question you need to ask in the Vedic area of the forum).

Most (Western) astrologers use important life events (usually around ten of such, but no more than that as otherwise it confuses matters further).  This article might help you:  https://www.forrestastrology.com/blogs/ ... tification 

Declinations (parallels) may also assist rectification, for e.g. if a planet is parallel one of the 4 main angles.  I haven't used this method myself as the possibility only occurred to me recently and which your query pushed me to look for more about this.  (For e.g. this site may be of assistance with regard to this matter:  https://keplercollege.org/index.php/art ... ion-method ).

Perhaps others here might be able to assist you further with your particular question re those two systems about which you have enquired.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Mohamed Rjab

Post by Mohamed Rjab »

Hi Admin
The trutine of Hermes based on the status of the moon at the birth day if it is below the horizon and waxing as my case ,
I calculate the distance between the asc and the moon
And than divided the sum over the half of the lunar month (14.5) the result was added to 273 days (9 months) and than you found the day of the conception.
And finally take the degrees and sign of moon on the day of conception as asc .
Also when I'm trying to rectify with asc appearance and events I'm convinced that my asc was capricorn rising (rectangular face ,thick bones ..) and also I had a problem with my voice cordes since my birth ,in Arabic astrology that Saturn in 2nd house give a problems with voice cordes.
Also I'm combining with rectification with events using primary direction and solar arc and Age harmonic chart

Surgery was indicated in my chart with Mc conjunct pluto ,also ascendant conjunct Saturn (april 1996) in primary direction.
Job vagaries,problems with superior,contact resilient indicated in primary direction with midheaven square Neptune and venus square midheaven that's mean setbacks in career .
Also with solar arc :
Neptune square midheaven set back in career
Saturn conjunct sun it's a conformation of sadness and depression I'm passed few years ago.
And also all thous events are occured in solar return.

But it's not a 100% accurate.
With the Nimodar of ptolemy I found a huge gap between the other techniques .
sorry for the length of the reply .and thank you admin for your patience
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you.  Your words reminded me of exactly where I'd seen that Hermes system.  
I dug around in my shelves and found it:  "The Progressed Horoscope" by Alan Leo, published in 1970 (though obviously must've been published years prior to that date).  Not surprisingly - it's still widely available from many sources such as - naturally - Amazon.

Are you possibly mixing 2 systems here (Vedic and Western) ?  I mention this because you talk here of Saturn being in your 2nd House, which it would be in the Vedic system (which is about 25 degrees of arc earlier), but in Western Astrology it is rising and close to your Capricorn Asc.

If this is what you're doing, you'll go crazy trying to find your exact Asc. Degree as both systems will probably give you Capricorn Rising, which can be really confusing. 

Anyway, it seems that your intense research would suggest that this is not what you're doing but it was the latter matter of your mentioning that Saturn is in your 2nd House that made me wonder.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Mohamed Rjab

Post by Mohamed Rjab »

Yes , I mixture both vedic and western astrology .
In both my asc was capricorn .but I use whole sign system ,for that I say that Saturn is in my 2nd house in aquarius .
Saturn set in 2nd house (2nd house rules money from career ,family ,also food and mouth ,corde of voice ...etc ) for that reason when Saturn is there damaged the voice corde . (From ancient arab astrologers ).