Will this be a good marriage date?

Note that synastry requires two charts to be set up and analysed so, before asking, please make sure that this is a serious relationship. This is a free board and our time to respond is limited.
ratrac

Will this be a good marriage date?

Post by ratrac »

Hello, this is my birth chart (date place and time included): https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?sho ... png&res=63

While this is my partner's chart: https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?sho ... png&res=63

We've been dating for 3.5 years and are setting a goal to marry in 2028, each of our own personal goals considered. I've been trying to pick a good date...reading Marriage by The Moon by April Elliott Kent, we fell in love with the idea of a Cancer Moon marriage! We started dating during Taurus Moon and our down-on-luck friends already crash on our place regularly anyway, haha.

This is the date and time I picked for the wedding: https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?sho ... png&res=63

I picked the hour when Venus has moved to the 7th house...but taking into account real life technical difficulties, we might even get married when moon, venus, and mars are in the 7th!

I have some concerns though...

1. Neptune, Pluto, and Chiron are in retrograde (so difficult to find a date without any retrograde!). So far I haven't seen anyone mention anything about those planets in regards to picking a wedding date, but I can't help but wonder if it really doesn't matter.

2. Sun and Moon don't have a particularly strong aspect with each other.

3. Moon, Venus, and Mars are in Cancer. Would that amplify the bad qualities of Cancer in the marriage? Being indirect, holding grudges, moody?

4. Jupiter is in detriment in the sign of Virgo. As Jupiter is about expansion and "blessing"...well, that's kind of worrisome.

Would this be a good day for a wedding?

Lastly I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong thread, not sure where to post... and thank you for reading to the end!
Hoping to gain some insight about wedding date astrology :)
ratrac

Re: Will this be a good marriage date?

Post by ratrac »

My bad, I just realized the links are expired!

Here's my chart:
My chart
My chart
astro_2gw_bee.1313.207689.png (95.5 KiB) Viewed 1688 times

This is his chart:
His chart
His chart
astro_2gw_bear.1328.202843.png (90.44 KiB) Viewed 1688 times

The wedding date I picked was August 18th 2028 at 13:00, Jakarta, Indonesia.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear ratrac,

Searching for such as the 'best' day to get married will drive you crazy as you'll always find ...something that's a problem no matter which date you pick.  

I'd be looking at your Composite chart; at the 7th House,, and it's ruler (Mercury); and at the 4th House, and it's ruler (in this instance 'rulers') (Jupiter/Neptune), and then look at transits relevant to both those Houses and their Ruling Planets.  (att.)
(Classically, about 3 days after a New Moon is the best time to begin 'a project').

Although it's obviously great to be able to pick the best date and time to start your lives together in marriage, it's the relationship itself and your love for each other that is obviously the most important factor, while the marriage date etc. is really secondary to a long and happy life together.  When you find difficult aspects in such a marriage date chart, more than likely it will mostly describe the 'day' and how that proceeds rather than the effect on your whole relationship.

Just don't lose the essence of what marriage means by trying to find the 'best day/time' or you'll miss the wonder and beauty of "The Event", and of being with the one you love.

Hope that helps, even if just a little.

Best,
Admin.
ratrac charts.png
ratrac charts.png (40.07 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
ratrac

Post by ratrac »

Dear Admin,

Thank you for the lovely advice! I am not good enough yet in astrology to understand how to apply composite chart into an event, but I will look into it :)

Truth be told, I feel like I have a rather questionable character, which has given my fiance a lot of grief. I have worked on it, but it does worry me that I might slip back into bad old habits when I'm emotionally weak. I really do wish I can be someone he deserves because he is a wonderful soul, who unfortunately has a bad taste in women and is really stubborn about his choice... My mother also dislikes our relationship.

Therefore I hoped perhaps by picking a good wedding date, maybe it'd help keep my bad side in check, and perhaps keep my mother close to us... unfortunately that is not the case :(

If I may ask again, what is it that made him so fixated on me? Mere weeks after we met he said if it's not me, he doesn't want to marry. We barely knew each other! I tried to break up with him countless times because I simply felt he deserved better, but he always had such a bad reaction that I worried about his safety. He broke his own nose once. Eventually I decided I was the one who needed to change because clearly, he isn't changing his mind. It's really strange because most of the time he has way more self-control than I do and is a rational person. Astrology-wise, why is he like this? And why me, anyway?

Lastly, what can we do to make our relationship better? What should we avoid, and such? I can proudly say that we have gone a long way from how we were in the beginning. It's going to be a lifelong process, though, and I'd appreciate every advice. Thank you!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear ratrac,

Well, if everyone viewed their relationships with the same self-awareness and understanding that you clearly have (and - if you'll forgive me for saying so - at such a young age) , I'm sure there would be many more relationships that survive the inevitable adversities and frustrations of such as marriage.

I'll certainly look at your charts with regard to the issues you mention, but it will take a few days to go through it all.
So, please be patient.

Best to You,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear ratrac,

Please see my 'pm' to you.

Best,
Admin.