Observations of personality similarities based on birth month

This area is for those who wish to ask questions about, or to discuss astrological theory. ​ ​P​lease feel free to drop in and ask questions, add comments and answer queries here.
AriesTiger

Observations of personality similarities based on birth month

Post by AriesTiger »

Hi everyone. I just joined. My sun sign is Aries, but I act more like Pisces. I’m a tiger in the Chinese zodiac, but I don't act like my sign there either. I have noticed that there are personality similarities in people based on their birth month. Some similarities are compatible with the western astrological sun signs they happen to be, while others are not. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed similar things with people you have met? Do you find astrological personality descriptions are more accurate than not? How many people do you know that they are true for? Sorry if these questions have been asked before or if I have posted this in the wrong spot. Let me know if my post should be posted elsewhere.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: Observations of personality similarities based on birth month

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Aries tiger, sorry to take so long to answer your question, things have been a bit hectic.

The game of Sun signs began earlier in the last century because everyone knows their Sun sign. How easy was it to publish a sun sign column in the daily newspapers that drew thousands of readers each day, sold heaps of papers and made lots of money. Today we still have this rubbish in our newspapers, magazines and online.

The Sun is important in astrology but it is not the only point in the chart. The Moon is far more noticeable than the Sun in someone's personality, so too Mercury, Venus and Mars. But then the Ascendant can be more dominant than these personal planets and any planet sitting in the 1st house will often be the person'a most visible traits. However, I must add that a stellium in any sign or house is also going to be obvious to some astute people.

So you see, astrology is complex and takes years of study under a professional to understand and to use properly to do accurate readings. Avoid the internet and social media simplistic noise, focus on good authors and teachers, then you will start to learn about what astrology really is about.

I hope I haven't put you off with being so forthright but I wanted to show that a person's sun sign is not what astrology is all about. Good luck with your studies and please look to studying quality astrologers, what they do and how they do it.