Nodes

Moderator: scorpio

admin
Site Admin

Nodes

Post by admin »

Which Nodes: 'Mean' or 'Real' work for you? and... why?
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
BIGRAVEN13
Senior

Re: Nodes

Post by BIGRAVEN13 »

I always go for real. When an astrologer did my chart with mean nodes before I got to know astrology myself it didn't make half as much sense as when I got to know about real nodes. It changed the sign of the Nodes for me.

Don't get me started, the Moon's nodes are my favourite bit of astrology, even more than Mr Pluto.
"Free will is the ability to do gladly that which one must do" C G Jung
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

On a lighter note, some 'adages' that perhaps apply to the South Node: http://pages.prodigy.net/jmiller.cb/prs07.html
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Night Sky

Post by Night Sky »

This is nice.

I like what you are implying with the South Node.

" When we have practiced good actions awhile they become easy;
when they are easy we take pleasure in them; when they please
us we do them frequently; and then, by frequency of act, they
grow into a habit."

Especially this quote.

In my case I can say that I have a strongly dignified habit. : )
scorpio
Senior

Post by scorpio »

I think people start at their South Node and 'grow' into their North Node. As adults we seem to swing backwards and forwards between them. I also think they have alot to do with life direction - the South Node can explain or point out the end result while the North Node describes the best way to get there without getting caught up with the more negative traits of the South Node. But I don't believe it is a fixed journey with an end point as we seem to stop/start, stop/start all the time. The end result and our approach to it can change too but they will still be of the nature of the nodal axis.

By the way, I use the 'true' nodes too.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for this link SaggiMC,

It describes the meanings of the Nodes superbly and I recommend that link to others here.

I would add that I do baulk a bit about the use of the word 'karma', which is so frequently used, and in my opinion, overused by we 'western' astrologers. It has become the 'catchphrase' for many parts of astrology, such as 12th House, Saturn, Pluto, S. Node, etc. I don't think we, born in a western civilisation, really have a true understanding of that word, other than that (mostly/primarily) 'it has to do with 'previous lives', or just the simple 'what goes around, comes around'. Certainly I can't prove nor disprove this issue, and use the term on occasion myself. I feel that for eg. the South Node - depending on the sign, house placement, aspects etc. has also to do with early family life and experiences, as well as, possibly, genetic make-up...which then inevitably follows through 'family lines' etc.

I don't wish to detract anything from the interepretations given by you in your links. This is only my (limited, of course) personal opinion.

Thanks again for this.

Admin.
markpattinson902

Post by markpattinson902 »

The ascending node is also called north Moon Node, or Dragon’s Head; while the descending node is called south Moon node or Dragon’s Tail. According to Indian mythology, they are named Rahu and Ketu.
Mayan Calendar