I need someone to guess my moon sign…

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
Kernix

I need someone to guess my moon sign…

Post by Kernix »

I’ll try to be brief. Before I received my birth certificate (it took 22 weeks to get it), I was trying to figure out my rising sign and in the process I noticed the moon changed signs late in the day on the date of my birth. So I figured if I could determine the moon sign, it would be easier to figure out the rising sign – it would rule some rising signs out.

So I did a Yes \ No count for both moon signs. I watched videos, went to quality websites and read descriptions in books. If a description of a moon sign seemed to describe myself, I put a check in the Yes column, if it didn’t I checked the No column. Results: one sign was a 1/3 Yes but 2/3 No, while the other sign was 90% Yes \ 10% No – one was a strong No, the other a HUGE Yes – no brainer, right? I was confident of my choice, especially knowing the your moon sign is very important. A month or so later, I did the analysis again with totally different sources and got the same result – and I’m talking 40-50 decision points for each moon sign.

However, when I finally got my birth certificate it had a time of birth for the sign that was 66% No vs the 90% for the other sign. The only way that I could have been so wrong, so far off, is that I don’t know myself and \ or I practice self deception. I’m into astrology to better know myself, and don’t think I’m being self-deceptive either.

So I’m asking for someone to guess my moon sign because at the very least I think that whoever typed up my birth certificate was either being lazy and just picked a time, or made a mistake. But I assumed it was correct at the time and I studied all the houses for that time and hardly anything matched me – things seemed way off. I didn’t care which moon I was, or where my houses were, I just wanted to analyze my chart. So if someone can guess my moon sign, then I’ll know what to do – if you guess the one I believe to be correct, then I guess I’ll have to send away for another copy and see if a different or same time comes back.

What information do I need to provide, or questions I need to answer to help someone guess it? I can give you some info here and let me know what else you may need. I hope I don’t need to give the two signs, but I may have to. I’m a Pisces sun and some pertinent things of myself is that I’m a life-long learning (always studying something), patience is not a virtue that I possess and I’ve heard more than once that I “wear my emotions \ heart on my sleeve”.

Sign that I calculated and believe to be correct: moon is in the 3rd house; major aspects are Moon in opposition to Jupiter and square Mars, sextile Saturn, trine Neptune.

The time from the birth certificate that I think is wrong: moon in 10th house, similar aspects except no longer sextile to Saturn, Neptune aspect now a sextile, and now trines with Pluto & Uranus.

I’m sure more info will be needed, and this would be easiest via video or face to face. Let me know and thanks!
Kernix
Kernix
iriishka

Re: I need someone to guess my moon sign…

Post by iriishka »

Wait wait, that's crazy! Maybe you dont know but its easier to find out someone's else Ascendant than the Moon. Do you know why? Because the Ascendant usually comes so in your face and the Moon is so private!! Its the most private space of a human being inner world where others sometimes dont have access at all! You know that sensation when you feel something, when you have your moods and you cant put it in words and people look at you like :| and you feel you are not understood? When you feel they cant understand an important part of you and that you need a certain level of familiarity and several situations where to act spontaneously, without fear of being ridiculed or laughed at, so you can show them the YOU behind? Thats the Moon.
I dont think its right, from the beginning, to charge someone else with guessing your Moon. You will do that. If you want, we can help, but you will do that.
First: i think your approach is wrong. You take too rational something which is deeply emotional, intuitive, something which is connected to your core. My advice: expose yourself to something which can interact with your emotions (but without involving others, just you alone and your tastes and first impulses): nature, music, art, literature... For instance, I have a friend with Moon in Pisces and she always sends me the music she enjoys listening... I always have the feeling she is depressed or sad :cry: My Moon in Saggitarius cant simply catch her point, I really dont understand, I listen to that music when i am depressed, whats wrong? I sent her instead a sort of military song, super energetic which i was listening that moment and i felt i was about to jump and dance. Then she asked if wasnt too agitating for me that music and if didnt tire me. See how Moons tend to recept each other? Through stuff like : Is she depressed? Sad? Isnt she too agitated? Isnt tiring for her? See? This is the level of Moon. Try to focus on this, forget about percentages and schemes. Explore inner sides but when you are emotionally neutral. Play music which the 2 signs would probably enjoy to listen to and see in which one of the cases you can find yourself more.

Second: think of the manifestations or reactions that you can express with people you feel familiar with but which you would refrain in the presence of strangers or people you dont feel any connection with. For instance, if I am in a forest with my brother and I see a tree fallen I would feel to get on it and walk on its trunk then jump like a silly child and laugh...because my Moon in Sagittarius feels to do like this and i can open this side of me without being afraid of being laughed at or ridiculed by my brother. If I was there with a stranger (emotionally stranger, whom i cant access), I will certainly not do that but I would behave like a lady... but this isnt my Moon, my Moon isnt a lady, my Moon wants to explore, to walk on trees, to jump, to shout and listen to the echo, do archery (i really like it), to meet with the bear etc. Do you understand what I mean? Can you see why were you wrong in trying to find out your Moon after your method and why someone from outside cant tell your Moon more accurately than you can do?

Third: how can you possibly know that your Moon is in the 3rd house (therefore you know the ascendant) but you cant identify the celestial position of the Moon? Can you show us the registered date of your birth so we can see between which 2 signs you got stuck. You should understand that in astrology you cant make a cold analysis of 1 planet or 1 aspect without considering the rest of the elements as well. You can easily be mistaken if you have another planet in one of those signs. For instance if you ponder between Libra and Scorpio but you have Mercury in Scorpio, I am pretty sure you will tend to believe your Moon is in Scorpio just because some of the Scorpio energy is felt through Mercury whilst from Libra you dont have anything. You can be blurred by other aspects and positions.

Fourth: Guess what, more often in such situations, so debatable on the cuspid, the planet is considered to be in the next sign. :roll: Sharp like that.
Kernix

Post by Kernix »

Maybe I didn't explain it correctly - I know what my rising signs are based on the one I determined myself and the birth certificate that I think is wrong - that's why I know the houses they are in - thought this might be tough. I will be sending away for another certificate to see if a different time comes back but it may take another 22 weeks to get it. Thanks anyway, I'll save up some money and find an astrologer to maybe take a look at both charts.

Just so you know, I looked at ALL the house placements for the time I think is wrong and it did not match me at all, that's what got me thinking it was a mistake. And looking at the houses for the one I calculated, so much was a match.
Kernix
iriishka

Post by iriishka »

Up to you! But it may be a waste of money, a honest astrologer will tell you what I also told you. You are the only one who has full access to that zone and you can tell an astrologer where is your Moon in case he is in doubt not viceversa. Thats the point.
We can explore and test from outside any other personal planet, but the Moon is the most private amongst the personal planets. (i have a friend who has the Sun in sextile with my Moon and I always share all the crazy stuff i feel and I really enjoy doing that. But i have no planet aspecting his Moon. And he never shares with me the equivalent feelings. I suffer when i realize he knows everything about my inner life and i dont know anything from his. Even though I know him very well, at a personal level, how can I possibly guess his Moon if he was in your shoes, considering i have never been able to access his Moon. I know from theory how it should be, but I cant really see it because I miss the "eyes" (aspects). Therefore how can a stranger who doesnt know you at all do that if he is honest? We all can try, but i tell you, you have the right answer...this is the most honest thing i can tell you)

But if you think its a good idea to pay someone to look at it and any answer would reassure you and would make you believe that is the right answer, then do it.

You know, shortly said: the Sun is who you are, the Ascendant is how others see you spontaneously, the MC is the way you want others to see you and the Moon is the way you see yourself. You draw the conclusions.
Kernix

Post by Kernix »

Never mind - the 2 choices by the way was either Capricorn or Aquarius - I'll try some thing else
Kernix
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Kernix,

All good advice you have been given here but if I might add, a transit of the outer planets (Uranus in particular, as Neptune and Pluto would be less precise) would be worth noting.

But we're all working in the dark here, and as Irishka suggested, we might be able to help more if you posted both charts here, or at least give us date and place of birth and the two alternative times of birth.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Kernix

Post by Kernix »

March 6th 1967, Darby, Pennsylvania USA and the two times are 8:01 am and 11:47 pm - I used Koch for 11:47 but Placidus seemed best for the 8:01. Do I just post images of the charts because I did copy \ paste them into a word doc.
Kernix
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Kernix,

I think that you have picked your correct chart as the 8:01 am chart gives Aries Rising with Venus in Aries close to a conjunction with the Asc. from the 12th House - ' wearing your heart on your sleeve', the latter also being relevant to a very visible Moon in the 10th; 'life-long learning (always studying something). Also in that chart, Sag. is on the 9th (ruled by Jup. opp. the Capricorn Moon), and Gemini on 3rd - 'perennial student'; and of course, 'patience is not a virtue that you possess' is very much Aries Rising.

I would add that the manner in which you went about trying to work out which chart is relevant is also very Moon in Capricorn which needs structure and order and tends to plan and do things in an orderly progression...unlike your Sun/Mercury in Pisces. Also, that chart gives Virgo on the 6th which is very concerned with details and analysis.

The other chart (11:47 pm) gives Scorpio Rising. Of itself it could hardly be said that it would ever 'wear its heart on its sleeve' as it is so very private, but Neptune conjunct the Asc. muddies the waters - so to speak - as it tends to have no barriers, and absorbs everything around them like a sponge, finding it hard to differentiate their own feelings from the moods of those around them. This would be further amplified by your Sun/Mercury in Pisces.

A quick look at some important transits: In the 8:01 am chart transiting Pluto would have crossed the Midheaven/10th House cusp 2014/2015 during which time you would have experienced some major change in your life and in your direction/career, and perhaps too with regard to one or both of your parents.

Transiting Uranus would have crossed your Asc. during 2016/17 resulting in some kind of breaking free/breaking out and quite a major transformation of the way in which you acted towards others and also expressed yourself.

But what intrigues me is the fact that both times given are so very precise. More often than not birth certificates tend to give a rounded-out time (nearest hour or half hour for example) so there is a real mystery about this. (Unfortunately this confusion kind of suggests that Neptune conjunct Scorpio Asc. ! :? ).

I would suggest therefore that you think of 3 or 4 major events (and I stress the word 'major') such as a death in the family, a major move, marriage or divorce and such like that, and give the dates of those events as this would help to further clarify the matter.

Chart rectification is a nightmare to attempt, but despite the Neptune matter mentioned, it does sound like you seem to have a pretty good grasp of which of these charts 'feels right'.

Hope some of this at least helps you with this matter.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Kernix

Post by Kernix »

So sorry for not replying to your reply - I missed it somehow. I agree, I believe the 8:01 time is correct, but there's something about the later time. I'd like to send you a private message, but for now to address the 11:47 time, that was the middle minute in a range of 11:45-11:48 that I zeroed in on. That time range was the double cusps moving from Aries & Libra to Taurus & Scorpio at 11:45 - that seemed to match me way better. And the 11:48 cut off was the point at which Jupiter moved from the 9th house to the 8th. Of all the analysis, it was the Jupiter in 8th or 9th that was the most difficult. It seemed like Jupiter in the 9th was best, but barely. I know know that I was wrong and the 8th is better. I keep watching videos and when there is a house combo (house-sign, house-planet) that matches my 8:01am chart it just seems dead wrong, but videos involving the later time rings true. Over, and over, and over again. There's something about the later time, and it seems to be numerology & my chart #'s related. I'll get into all that in the messge I send you.

One of the main things that seems off, is Jupiter exalted in Cancer in the 4th with the 4th house cusp in Cancer. Interesting how the Aries rising chart has each house cusp in it's associated sign. Even though the moon is in detriment in Capricorn and in opposition to Jupiter & square Mars, you would think that Jupiter would help my 4th, or that the moon's position wouldn't so negatively affect the 4th - and family & tradition isn't that "great" for me. I definitely snub my nose at tradition, and I remember in my 20's realizing that I always preferred hanging out with friends and I found family get-togethers, like on holidays, were at best inconvenient. A lot of your points are dead on, but the houses in the later time also seem to indicate the same. I'm gonna send you a message now so I can explain in more detail.
Kernix
taehan

Post by taehan »

Hey! Id say you will have to trust your birth certificate. Is not that you dont know youreself or anything like that. You have to understand you musttake your WHOLE chart on count and not just some placement such "Moon in aries is fiery vs Moon in taurus is steady" because guess what, you could be a gemini moon and be steady (? share a lot of traits from idk, even scorpio moon. Your whole chart is what shapes you whole. You have to see ASPECTS of that moon, beond seeing that those traits that you found yourself spot on might be due to other thigns in your chart. What house is moon lord of? Who si the lord of the house moon is in and where is it placed? is it conjunct or aspected by any other planet? Is it conjunct or aspected by who'se house lord? Where is Rising lord placed? etc........ there are SO MANY factors to take on count. I dont want to sound rude by any mean, but the "i dont feel like X sign" isnt a thing. Unless theres a minute apart difference between ur moon changing then you will have to trust your birth certificate! Start analizing ur chart fromt here you might find so much more things