Do certain objects/points "not count" for all aspects?

All, including 'abstract' aspects. Aspect patterns when well understood can give interesting insights not only into inherent dynamics but the ways in which an individual may develop.
write2live

Do certain objects/points "not count" for all aspects?

Post by write2live »

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here. I'm glad I found this place! I've gotten a lot more into astrology over the past year and I think the aspects are the most fascinating part. I realize that the planets and the main points (midheaven, descendant etc) are the most important, but I also like looking at some of the asteroids/planetoids (Chiron, Lilith, Ceres, etc.).

My question is, do the lesser bodies like Chiron and others still count when determining aspects like T-squares, grand crosses or grand trines? Or are only the major bodies accounted for in that kind of thing?
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: Do certain objects/points "not count" for all aspects?

Post by Noel Eastwood »

write2, a quick answer is... most astrologers use Chiron these days, some are using the asteroid goddesses and some are using the dwarf planets and trans-neptunians. Traditionally we don't include Asc or MC in Planetary Patterns, patterns are basically just for planets. I think the best way is to use the traditional planets in patterns then see if the newer asteroids and dwarfs add anything else to the reading. The danger is that the more points you add to a chart the more confusing it becomes until eventually all you have is 'noise'. The fewer the better, then slowly add the others one by one and see how they influence the chart.