Planetary Phase Astrology

What's 'up there' to see.
Mark

Planetary Phase Astrology

Post by Mark »

I've looked around a bit and not found a thing about interpreting planetary phases. Recently, I developed and launched my own astrology site and decided to include in my ephemerides something that is rarely discussed. Somewhere in the back of my memory, from where I don't know, I remember something about establishing an eight house system from the perspective of the Moon and starting the first cusp on the apparent position of Earth. The lunation cycle is similar, but it is calculated from the Earth's perspective and starts at the Sun. I have no idea where I got this idea, but it has been there for a long time, so I decided to work with it.

I further expanded the idea to the general interpretation of phases. All planets have phases, including Earth (we usually just call them night and day). I had the thought to apply the eight house system to the Earth, starting at the Sun, and then see where all the planets fall in relation. It was a little time before I realised that what is actually being calculated by this is the phase of the Earth as seen from the other planets. After a little time working with the idea, I noticed that, quite logically, the "house" measurement, as the phase of the Earth, is the inverse of the phase of each of the planets. This means that if Earth is 12 degrees through the 3rd house as seen from Jupiter, then Jupiter is 33 degrees through the 6th house as seen from Earth. In my ephemeris, it becomes obvious that adding up the degrees from each pair should always render either 0 or 45 and that when one planet is in 1, the other is in 8. When one is in 2, the other is in 7. When one is in 3, the other is in 6. When one is in 4, the other is in 5. These two principles show that the phase of each of the planets as seen from Earth is a reflection of the phase of Earth as seen from those planets. Much like the Northern Lunar Node being always tied to the Southern Node, it is only necessary to learn one half of the pair.

This being explained, it seems reasonable to me that such phases should effect patterns of change discernible on Earth. When one considers that the traditional formulae for calculating parts (lots) inverts depending on whether one was born on the day side of the Earth or night, it seems almost certain that these phases should have something to tell us. Is anyone familiar with a sort of astrology that includes these considerations?
http://www.twelvestaralmanac.com/
Free Custom Ephemerides
admin
Site Admin

Re: Planetary Phase Astrology

Post by admin »

Thanks for this Mark! It is really exciting!!! :D
I had tried looking at '10' charts, and '9's (which is part of the Vedic 'Moon' astrology) - neither of which is relevant, I should add, to 'aspects' or 'harmonics'. Have also studied (not enough) 'Heliocentric' astrology. So this is really intriguing! :P

Please do tell more, and also please post your website here!

Thanks again.
Best,
Admin
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Mark

Post by Mark »

I love finding people that want to research and develop astrology, rather than just apply it. The whole point of my ephemeris generator is to allow people to get a ton of information that they normally couldn't and to get it in full ephemeris form. I want to help further research by providing things that people don't normally see. My ephemerides are much more expansive than average (two pages to each date, instead of a line), which sadly means that each full year ephemeris is ~130MB as pdf. That's why I've only got 3 of them up (2010-2012), although the ephemeris generator can accept up to 200 dates on its own. It could do much more, but shared hosting means cpu throttling which will cause it to become unstable over long periods. :?

If you like the Lunar Mansion systems, I include 2 of them (27 and 28 mansions), along with Chinese and Arabian names for the system of 28. My implementation is a little different than most because my program puts the "critical degrees" in the centre of the mansions, not the leading edges. I've also included solar barycentric positions, which are very close to heliocentric. The Sun rarely gets more than 2 solar diametres away from its barycentre, so you can expect less than a quarter degree variation. The only exception might be for Mercury, that speedy, little brainiac. I also included both those ideas mentioned in the previous post (Earth-gauged eight house system from the Moon and complete planetary phases).

Here is a link straight to the page with the standard ephemerides. There's a link there to the Ephemeriser (generator).
http://www.twelvestaralmanac.com/ephemerides.shtml

By all means, find something interesting and study it. :)

P.S. If you believe I've miscalculated something, please let me know!
http://www.twelvestaralmanac.com/
Free Custom Ephemerides
gyp

Post by gyp »

Hi Mark, your site twelvestaralmanac is obsolete. Do you have a blog, fb , or other site that I can be in touch with your findings? You seem on to some thing. Thank you for your time:)