Jupiter-Sun Conjunction occurring right at natal Midheaven

Transits are the most obvious and immediately evident way in which astrological influences can be shown to continue beyond the natal horoscope. They are a rich and complex means of exploring and suggesting ongoing opportunities for personal/psychological development within, not only an individual, but also within Families, and Countries.
caprisag

Re: Jupiter-Sun Conjunction occurring right at natal Midheav

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin,

Thanks so much for your quick response! Wonderful to hear your thoughts. I'll certainly keep you posted in the next week or so, and keep chatting about Saturn's influence. And yes, I would absolutely love to hear more about the number "9," if and when you have the time.

I've been poking around and reading different topics a little--very glad to have found this forum!
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Another little observation (I'm going over my calendar/ephemeris for October):

You mentioned potentially good news when Mercury meets my MC around the 9th--I'm noticing my Venus return is on that day as well. Interesting? I'll definitely be keeping my eyes wide open for signs over the weekend! :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi caprisag,

Well that was a month ago ...so what was the outcome ?

Well, Jupiter’s well into your 10th now, and Saturn conj. your Mars in the Asc. so I guess there’s a bit of a struggle going on, especially as Pluto is exactly conj. your Neptune, which as I mentioned before is always about major transformation. As Neptune rules your intercepted 3rd House (writing), and Transiting Neptune is in your 3rd (and turns Direct in 10 days) , you will I’m sure, find that gradually your whole experience of writing and communicating is undergoing a huge shift. I really do like what it promises, though you may still be in a state of confusion for a while. Don’t worry though, as this is surely going to be so exciting ...eventually.

Also, Transiting Pluto is ‘finishing up’ its opposition to your Moon (which is close to the 8th and ruling the 8th). Again this will take a while for you to understand what it was all about as the outer planets ‘move in mysterious ways’ and we can’t see what is going on, often til quite a while afterwards.

Back to the Saturn transit: as Saturn rules your 2nd, and co-rules your 3rd, right now with its conj. with Mars, you may well be feeling frustrated, especially about the ‘tons of other work I mostly don’t care about’ but which you need to support yourself. But, frustrating as it can feel, (and Mars rules your 4th so it may emphasise your frustration with added responsibilities about home/survival matters), it is a matter of sticking with it and just getting on with it...for the time being at least.

Re your Birth No. 22.12.1991 = 54/9: this emphasises your natal Jupiter in the 9th, and what is extra interesting is that the Tarot Card for the no. 9 is “The Hermit” - very relevant in many ways to Virgo, and especially to your Merc. in Sag. in the 12th (Pisces’ ‘natural’ abode), and Pisces intercepted in the 3rd – writing. Also of course, Sag. is the 9th sign (your Asc.). All of this suggests ‘The Writer’ who ‘heals’ others in some way (ruling planet Jup. in Virgo), through their words.

The ‘54’ part of this in Tarot, is the ‘Page of Swords’, which is intellectual prowess and uniqueness (Aquarius on your 3rd and Uranus rising conj. Nept. ruling your intercepted 3rd and trine JUPITER in the 9th House). I know that sounds like a ‘mouthful’ but it all ties in together so beautifully...once you can get your head around it.

Do keep me posted.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi admin,

Thank you so much for this. Yesterday was a very surreal day here in the US, and I needed the psychological boost/something else to think about. I ended up feeling inspired by your message and channeling my frustrations into a poem, which felt so good.

Nothing has really "happened" since we last spoke -- I suppose I could be called back in for this TV show at any point, but I didn't get that particular part. I have been writing a good deal. I've had sort of a mindset shift and started thinking seriously about creating my own work. I started writing a short film script which I am very excited about, though it still feels totally foggy and uncertain--it's brand new territory for me. So your interpretation is very encouraging.

I just had to do a little research into intercepted houses, I've never looked into them or realized I had 3rd and 9th intercepted. So thank you for bring that to my attention! I read something about intercepted signs representing "blockages" or karmic imbalances. What are your thoughts on that?

I'll also start paying more attention to The Hermit and the Page of Swords in the Tarot.

I'm definitely feeling the frustration of Saturn conj. Mars right now. It becomes a fear of responsibilities/work that doesn't interest me taking over and distracting me from my path or even pulling me off it completely. I'm always waiting for that weight to be lifted.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi caprisag,

I think everyone is in a bit of a ‘surreal’ place after the 8th Nov. result. Very unexpected. It’s really interesting looking at Trump’s chart. (But not right now, here).

T. Saturn in the 1st can surely feel that little is happening, especially when it first enters that area and certainly conj. Mars which, as I said, can make you feel ‘stuck’ and somewhat frustrated. The better side of this is that it can actually give a strong determination to ‘get things done’, rather than to resist doing what’s necessary. In other words, throw yourself into the tasks, even if you don’t like them, and you’ll be amazed at how much you can accomplish.

Your film script sounds like a perfect way in which to use those Neptune matters (Neptune also ‘rules’ films). And the fogginess may lift after Neptune turns direct, which as I mentioned, is in about 10 days. However, those outer planets take quite a while to get up speed – at least as much as they are able to do so – and so it might be a little while longer before the ‘fog’ starts to clear. But it will do so, even though slowly at first.

Re ‘intercepted’ signs: Basically when a sign is i/c in a house, it means that the ruling planet of that sign has no house-rulership and so is harder to express in some way. So you would look at the ruler of that i/c sign, and then look to any planets it’s in aspect to, to find the avenues through which it can be expressed.

As it happens, in your chart, the co-ruler of Pisces – Jupiter – is in your i/c Virgo in the 9th, and Jupiter rules your Asc. and is in square to Virgo’s ruler, Mercury, in Jupiter’s sign, and in Pisces’ natural house. This ‘locks’ these planets in a kind of merry-go-round, making it hard to step off into the rest of the chart and to easily incorporate all of the energies of the rest of the planets. The way to get off of this merry-go-round (though perhaps, not so ‘merry’), is to focus on the planets outside of this which are in aspect to it. e.g. Venus/Pluto in the 11th in sextile to your Neptune, which (apart from the meaning of Venus conj. Pluto in Scorp), gives your Neptune tremendous power and beauty...i.e. your writing. Allowing depth and intensity into what you write may be difficult in some ways as with Venus ruling your Midheaven, you may be a bit afraid to expose your own deep inner core and feelings, but therein lies the power of your writings. The fact that Ven/Pl. is in the 11th (society at large), and that the ruler of your 3rd (writing) is conj. Uranus (natural ruler of the 11th), suggests that you can convey a truly important ‘message’ to others which ‘they out there’ will feel is so relevant to their own lives and loves.

The other main ‘outlet’ for that Neptune is the Moon in Cancer, which is in opposition to Nept., which suggests that through your writing, you can make others feel nurtured and cared for in some way, as this gives much gentleness and empathy as a result of your life experiences. Also the Moon’s conj. with your S. Node tells us that your Moon experiences in your life are, in a way, ‘inherited’, or at least innate as a result of your early life.

And another way ‘out’, is Saturn (Neptune in Capricorn’s sign is ‘disposited’ by Saturn, which in turn is in Aquarius, and which again is relevant to ‘society at large’.

Basically then, all of those writing matters, difficult to express directly through the intercepted signs and houses, find their way out via other avenues and means.

And again so much of this is relevant to the No. 9 (9th house, 9th planet – Jupiter – and 9th sign – Sag.), which suggests that perhaps indeed that number is a ‘karmic’ matter for you. (I always hesitate to use that word as I feel it is much misunderstood in our ‘western’ interpretation). So I think it would be good idea to study as much as you can about that number.

From your words about i/c signs/houses, I see that you may have found Bob Marks’ site: http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Intercepted_signs.htm which I think is very good with regard to this matter. (And much less complicated than my efforts here !).

I do realise that much of what I’ve said here will be difficult for you to get your head around :roll: , but I hope at least that you can get the gist of what I’ve been trying to say.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin,

Wow, this is pretty complex, but I think I am getting the gist of it! Thank you for the very thorough analysis. And you're absolutely right, that is the website I had stumbled upon to read about intercepted signs. I think I'm following it for the most part, and I must say that this passage about intercepted Pisces seems accurate (and therefore worries me a little):

"With interception, in the house containing Pisces we have great difficulty discriminating, telling the difference between achievable goals and total fantasy. There can be great visions of things we would like to do, but without the help of Virgo, we don’t know how to do them. The house with the Pisces interception shows where we can be easily deceived, by ourselves as well as others."

I definitely worry about being unrealistic in my expectations/goals/hoped & dreams. But I am also very organized and plan-oriented so maybe it balances out?

(Also, I'm happy to move this conversation to another board if that is appropriate!)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Re that paragraph you quoted, remember that it is a general overview of this whole matter. Helpful though it surely is, the writer can’t know the rest of the chart and therefore how it fits in and can be integrated into your own personal experience. It’s like reading about individual planets in Signs, etc. e.g. Sun in Capricorn, which if you read that alone, can’t convey the whole experience of your particular Sun in Cap.

So, yes, you can be unrealistic in your expectations etc., but there is soooo much more to this. For example, your Capricorn planets (with Neptune in Cap. too), which help you to, eventually, rein in, create foundations and structure your thoughts. Saturn in Aq. in your 2nd House also helps this matter by holding you back to some degree. Although, it’s position in your 2nd House can cause you to doubt yourself and your abilities – which in the end, can also be a ‘plus’ to some extent as it helps you again to pull back on this idealism and overly high expectations. In other words, let your imagination fly free as a bird – don’t be afraid of it... then let the Capricorn/Saturn part of you do the necessary to structure it and make it workable and realistic. Write a completely free-form draft, filled with every imagination you have and wish, and then edit and organise it, flesh it out with ‘reality’.

Remember that Venus/Pluto sextile your Neptune (ruling your i/c 3rd), with Venus ruling your 5th (creativity) and 6th (work), will also add to the depth and meaning of your words.

Your ‘Virgo’ too is i/c, but that finds it’s avenue through your Merc. in Sag. in the 12th. Admittedly, Merc. in the 12th can be difficult to express as that too has high expectations and expands ideas beyond the practical realm, but with its sextile to Saturn (which rules your 3rd/writing/ideas/communication) can also be be disciplined once you have set a clear goal. (I’m imagining all of the diverse characters in your writings, and usually you’ll find that each one in some way, represents a planetary archetype in your chart. I recommend Noel Eastwood’s books: ‘Tame Your Inner Dragons’ and ‘Psychological Astrology & The Twelve Houses’, available at Amazon and in Kindle form too. They’re a real feast !).

(No need to move this conversation to another board area as although we’ve moved on to other matters, it’s easier to keep it going here as it’s unfolding from the same topic).

Best,
Admin.
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin,

Excellent, I'll look into those books as soon as possible! Love the idea of characters representing planetary archetypes. Tomorrow is my day off/writing day, and I'm excited to get some more of that free-form draft out.

(Have I mentioned how glad I am to have stumbled upon this forum?)

Thank you again, and happy supermoon! (I guess it just passed, but still.)
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin,

Having a bit of a rough day and I was giving this thread another read--wondering how the Saturn transit might be affecting my anxiety levels at the moment.

I'm feeling a ton of frustration with my "day job", and definitely experiencing the effects of something you had mentioned a couple of months ago: that I tend to be overly accommodating when it comes to work. I'm finding myself feeling trapped in a job that I'm not interested in, because it was offered to me and I went along with it. Now it feels like I'm in too deep, and I resent the job for taking up time and energy that could be spent writing/auditioning/working on things I do care about. Then again, I need to survive somehow and feel like I should be grateful for this job.

I've spent today thinking somewhat seriously (if a little impulsively) about quitting and figuring something else out. I've gone back and forth between feeling like "it's not fair" that I still can't support myself doing what I care about, and feeling like I'm brat for expecting that to be the case (after all, how many people spend their entire lives working jobs they don't care about?).

Anyway. Maybe Saturn is up there messing with my head. Any insights are so very appreciated, as always.

I hope all is well with you!

caprisag
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi caprisag,

There’s a big ‘reveal’ going on here as Saturn’s restrictions on your Mars (get out there and get things done, make things happen) holds you back, restrains any natural impulsiveness – which naturally results in the feeling of ‘banging your head against a brick wall’. But somehow, Saturn is trying to make you be aware of ‘why’ you are being restrained, rather than just railing against it. It’s trying to teach you patience (grin) while at the same time making you aware of all of those restrictions. So you have to look deeply into more than the apparent reasons (uninteresting job that feels like it’s taking you nowhere). It’s there for a reason, even if it feels like there can be no reason for these frustrating conditions. What is adding to this is T. Jupiter in square to your natal Neptune, so your dreams and visions grow out of all proportion. You can see the possibilities and dream of such marvellous things – auditioning/writing/working on things you care about - so then feel even more stymied.

The Jup/Mars sextiles to this T. Sat. conj. Mars are offering you great possibilities and potentials which you feel you can’t take advantage of. However, (and I think I’ve said this before), in order for you to be able to take advantage of those potentials you need to throw yourself into the work you are doing and give it your absolute best, however boring and mundane it may feel, rather than allowing your Mars to ‘act out’, jumping up and down and stamping its foot at the unfairness of life. In fact he’s the ‘brat’ you mentioned to whom Saturn says – not very kindly: “Shut up and get on with it ! Only then will things change...”.

That T. Neptune I’ve mentioned before in square to your Mercury, has at last turned direct, though moving so very slowly still, is aggravating this matter too. And like the T. Jup. in sq. to your Neptune, is exaggerating your ideas and dreams and pulling you into other-worldly ethereal realms, which Saturn has no sympathy with. He wants you to be grounded solidly in reality and therefore adds to those frustrations and inabilities to deal with the boring realities. I really do sympathise looking at this combination and imagining the battle you are enduring. Remember that Saturn is ‘Time’ which is utterly alien to such as Neptune, and the fact that we live in a temporal world means that we must respect him. But however mean or cruel Saturn may feel, the patience he insists we have ultimately gives some of the greatest rewards. I know those words may sound meaningless, but actually they are very true. Honestly ! :D

So, try to stick with it for as long as it takes. And as I said, Saturn is already moving past your Mars so the ‘opportunity’ - not that you can see it as such right now - can work to your advantage ...eventually.

Do please continue to let me know how this all unfolds for you.

Best,
Admin.