Jupiter-Sun Conjunction occurring right at natal Midheaven

Transits are the most obvious and immediately evident way in which astrological influences can be shown to continue beyond the natal horoscope. They are a rich and complex means of exploring and suggesting ongoing opportunities for personal/psychological development within, not only an individual, but also within Families, and Countries.
caprisag

Jupiter-Sun Conjunction occurring right at natal Midheaven

Post by caprisag »

I just realized that on Sept 26th, the Sun-Jupiter conjunction (at 3°37 Libra) will occur pretty precisely at my natal midheaven (3°34 Libra). I have been looking forward to Jupiter crossing my MC, and hadn't realized it happens to be at the exact same time as the annual Sun-Jupiter meeting.

How might I interpret that? Any ideas/thoughts? I have a good feeling but I'm a beginning astrologer and could definitely use some input! Thank you!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Jupiter-Sun Conjunction occurring right at natal Midheav

Post by admin »

Hi caprisag,

It would be preferable to see your whole natal chart in order to get a better idea of how this Jup/Sun conj. MC would work for you as it's important to look at the signs and houses in which they are placed natally, the houses ruled, and the aspects to them. So would you please give your birth data (date, place and time of birth) ?

If you prefer this data to remain private then you can 'pm' me with those details.

Best,

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Sure! I was born Dec 22, 1991 at 6:09AM in Morristown, New Jersey. Any thoughts are super welcome! :)
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Here's my chart to make your life a little easier!
Attachments
astro_w2gw_01_alex.85281.25054.gif
astro_w2gw_01_alex.85281.25054.gif (49.86 KiB) Viewed 6049 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

'Saved by the bell' ...thank you for posting your chart.

I have a few others to respond to first and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi admin! Just checking in--don't mean to rush you! Looking forward to your response. :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi caprisag,

With Jupiter ruling your chart, and your Sun straddling the cusp of Sag/Cap, clearly this upcoming conjunction with your MC is going to be very significant. Also, your natal Jupiter is in Sagittarius’ ‘natural’ house – the 9th – making a great number of aspects to various other planets in your chart, including your Sag. Ascendant. Added to this, your Birth Number is ‘9’, also relevant to Sag. which is the 9th Sign. (I’ll go more into this at another time, if you would like me to).

So, I feel that this Sun/Jup. conj. with your MC will, amongst other matters, bring a clarification or understanding of what has held you back in the past. This may be preceded in this next few days, by certain challenges with regard to your self-image – or at least the way you feel you are viewed by others, and/or in your career – as when the Sun enters Libra on the 23rd, it squares your natal Sun. Basically, Libra on the MC can tend to be over-accommodating to others, especially in your work area. The ruler of Libra is Venus, which you have in the sign of Scorpio in conj. with Scorpio’s ruler, Pluto, so being ‘overly accommodating’ can result in a deep resentment when you are not appreciated, or are misunderstood, especially by your peers. And this Sun/Jupiter conj. may well highlight this so it’s important that you don’t over-react (Jup. can expand both positive and negative feelings and reactions). Another ‘danger’ of this is that you need to be careful of over-estimating your capacities and energies as this conj. may result in great opportunities for advancement in your career, or at least recognition of previous efforts. However, as you are likely to be feeling very positive, you will need to be careful of ‘biting off more than you can chew’, or promising more than you can realistically deliver. (I do feel that your Capricorn Sun and other planets therein, will moderate any of the potential negative reactions suggested as possible).

I think too, that ultimately (within a few days after this occurrence), a healing will take place so that the ‘event’ (of Jup./Sun conj. MC), can be taken advantage of. Just make sure that you plan appropriately and enlist the aid of others where necessary, rather than trying to take it all on your own shoulders, and also make sure you give credit where credit’s due as whatever you have accomplished, you need to recognise that you haven’t done it all alone.

If it should happen that you don’t receive the recognition you deserve (which is unlikely), you may feel cheated out of what should have been yours. Should that be the case – and as I said this is very unlikely – try to rise above any feelings of resentment and look at the bigger picture.

Whichever way this goes, this is truly a period of great growth for you and a landmark in your life.

(May I ask what work you do ? This could help to refine all of this a bit more).

I do hope this helps and please do let me know the outcome !

Best,
Admin.
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin,

Thank you so much for this! A lot of it feels very accurate already. I have spent the past couple of weeks thinking very seriously about my self-image, and how I come across in my career. Not in a negative way, just trying to be aware of what I project and what I might want to change. I also very much relate to being over-accommodating and ending up with a feeling of resentment (unfortunately--definitely something to work on)!

I'm an actress and writer, though I'm still in that frustrating phase of having to do tons of other work I mostly don't care about to support myself. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to any opportunity that will allow me to grow out of that. I'm hoping this transit will bring about some positive change, but I'm trying not to get too excited.

As for the significance of my birth number and Jupiter in the 9th house, I'd very interested to hear your thoughts. Like I said, I've only recently started studied astrology a little more seriously, and I really appreciate you taking the time to discuss!

Thanks again!
caprisag

Post by caprisag »

Hi Admin!

A quick update: just a couple of days after the Sun/Jupiter conjunction with my MC, I got called in for a big TV audition, which I feel went really well. The audition was on the 29th and I'm waiting to hear back now--fingers crossed!

Another transit coming up is Saturn crossing my Ascendant on Oct 25-26. How might that affect things?

Thanks again for your insight!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi caprisag,

Am so glad you updated me with your news...I've been thinking of you and wondering how it went. Sounds terrific and hopefully Jupiter's continued transit through your 10th (it will be there until Oct. next year 2017) will produce great results, (I would think that by the time Merc. hits your MC 8/9/10th of Oct. you should hear some good news about it, or perhaps a bit later when it sextiles your Merc. - although I think that may possibly result in more offers that are somehow related to this one).

Re T. Saturn conj. your Asc.: that suggests to me that you are in for a heavy workload which will be ongoing for some years. This will be a time of getting rid of so much that is no longer necessary for your progress. Some of this you won't want to let go of, but you may be forced to do so in order to move forward. You may also be confronted with matters that you haven't attended to which now, must be finalised or finished off. It won't be easy but ultimately it will be very satisfying even if it doesn't at first, feel like that. There may be some disappointment should, for example, this audition and the result not turn out to be quite what you had hoped. IF that is the case, then believe that it was not 'right' for you. Whatever, it will lead to something else perhaps not quite what you wanted, and entailing a lot of work, but again it will provide a solid foundation for your future.

Of course you know that how a planet moving into a particular house functions at the start, doesn't mean that it will continue in the same way all through that period. In other words, as it conjoins your Asc./Mars it may well feel very heavy and even restrictive in a particular way; then as it gets into Cap. although it will still require a lot of hard work, it will likely be/feel more rewarding.

This is a bit brief, I know, so perhaps we can move further with it after you have heard back from them about your audition. (I haven't forgotten that you had asked about the number '9'...I'll get more into that as we go along - that is, if you wish to do so).

Best,
Admin.