Proving and improving astrology

For those who wish to pursue new theories based on the Old Wisdom and who wish to look more deeply into our vastly changing world from a different perspective.

Moderators: Noel Eastwood, James Strom

Rapsody3

Re: Proving and improving astrology

Post by Rapsody3 »

Now comes an interesting observation: With the boys it is not Makemake-Virgo, which dominates the murder victims and the short lives - it is instead Jupiter-Sagittarius!
148 m homicide victims.jpg
148 m homicide victims.jpg (16.81 KiB) Viewed 5989 times
269 m short lives.jpg
269 m short lives.jpg (17.52 KiB) Viewed 5989 times
Once again we see that the Jupiter-effect is stronger for the male short lives than for the male murder victims, but when I split up the groups according to age, it is the 10-19 years old, who receives the strongest Jupiter effect:

1) 75 0-9 years: +106%
2) 75 10-19 years: +125%
3) 118 20-29 years: +61%

But this difference can be explained by the fact that the sample sizes are very small; the point is that this Jupiter-Sagittarius effect probably has more to do with dying young (for a number of different reasons) than being killed by a murderer.

The most important observation in this context is that males and females seem to be very different astrologically. You cannot interpret a chart in the same way for males as you do for females and vice-versa. Sometimes - like with athletism, or, as we shall see later with obesity - the planets seem to work the same way for males and for females - but in other situations they don't.
Rapsody3

Post by Rapsody3 »

If Makemake and Jupiter determines the length of a life for females and males respectively, then it will eventually be possible for an astrologer to predict the length of a life. I shall probably need more charts to do it, but what about the ethics? Can this discovery be used to warn people and prevent an untimely death? Or is it simply a matter of preparing the client for the inevitable?

According to astrologer Ptolemy, who wrote his famous "Tetrabiblos" around 150 AD, the first thing an astrologer shall do is to calculate the length of the life, so that the astrologer does not wast his (or her) time with making predictions beyond that point in time. In the Middle Ages and during the Renaissance several astrologers actually predicted their own death - some with success, and others not. But such practice has been banned ever since Alan Leo re-introduced (the psychological version of) astrology.
Rapsody3

Post by Rapsody3 »

The next logical question to ask would be: Which planetary types are predominant in long lives? Unfortunately my research is a bit premature on that point. I have only rectified 79 females' and 64 males' charts from people, who lived to be 90 years old or older than 90 years. These data samples are still very small. However, if we look at the elements (fire, earth, air and water), there is an interesting observation: Water seems to dominate among both genders.
Male longevity.jpg
Male longevity.jpg (17.17 KiB) Viewed 5989 times
Female longevity.jpg
Female longevity.jpg (16.6 KiB) Viewed 5989 times
This is how I made the count:

1) Fire: Mars, the Sun and Jupiter
2) Earth: Eris, Makemake and Saturn
3) Air: Mercury, Venus and Uranus
4) Water: The Moon, Pluto and Neptune

If one element gets 40% or more of the score, then I count 1 for that particular element. If 2 elements get 69% or more of the score, and each element has at least 30% of the score, then I count 1 for each of the 2 elements. I know, this is not the mainstream way of counting scores for elements - but when did I ever do something mainstream? :wink:

The problem with the mainstream way of calculating the elements is that the factors determined by the date only dominate the score, and I want my element score to reflect both the birth time and the birth date.
Rapsody3

Post by Rapsody3 »

Why does people with water dominant seem to have the longest (and probably also the happiest) lives? To answer this question, we must take a look at the other elements first.

People with a heavy load of the fire element always seem to dominate the moment now and here. They are athletic, admirable, dynamic, ambitious, energetic, they have a talent for making money and get the most attractive spouses. If you analyse the charts from the elite in any population, you will see that the fire element dominates the picture. BUT they do have one weakness - just like Superman has cryptonite as his Achilles heel. Have you ever witnessed a forest fire? It's impressive, and all the animals flee from it. But after the fire is over, the forest slowly returns to normal, the plants start to grow and after a few years everybody seems to have forgotten about the devastation caused by the fire. That's the problem for people with a lot of the fire element in their chart: They don't last for ever. When celebrated opera singer Maria Callas, whose chart is dominated by the fire element, died, fans ripped her apartment for souvenirs and soon it was like she had never lived.

This problem with duration is solved by the earth element. They are the constructors of pyramids and other lasting monuments, and if you peer into the world religions, you will see that Jesus, Buddha and Muhammed the prophet all had their sun signs in the earth elements: Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo respectively. I am sorry, but I don't know about Moses. The earth people may not get recognition now and here, but when they are recognized, the recognition lasts. Leonardo da Vince had his Sun in Taurus, and even though he did get some recognition in his life time, it is only in the twentieth century that the world has understood the full extent of his genius. However, people with a heavy load of the earth elements also have their weakness. Sometimes they feel lonely.

This problem with loneliness is solved by the air element. Gemini is the communicator, Libra is the politician always looking for a compromise and reaching out to other people, and Aquarius can create a feeling of being united and stir a revolution simply by singing a song - just think about how e.g. "The Beatles" stimulated the youth rebelion in the sixties. But politics and songs are not sufficient to create happy lives. Think about the French revolution or the "workers' Paradise" in the former Sovjet Union. By the way, Maximilien Robespierre, one of the leaders of the French revolution and responsible for chopping off the heads of most of his oppenents, had air prominent in his chart. Something is still missing in the equation - and that something is present in the water element!

People with water prominent in their charts have a talent for taking care of other people and preserving tradition (Cancer), protecting the weak in moments of crisis (Scorpio) and showing compassion and solidarity with people in need (Pisces). I believe it is these qualities, which make our lives long and happy at the end of the day, even though the water people don't necessarily make as much money as the other elements: "Pisces makes less money than anybody else." (Quote from http://www.buzzfeed.com/collinb7/5-real ... cts-y-cpps). The water element is the most difficult element to administer (imagine how it is to be so extremely sensitive) - but when a person succeeds in doing so, he or she is rewarded plenty fold. A proverb says that a leopard cannot change its spots, we cannot change our birth charts, but I do believe that all the signs can improve their lives by emulating some of the qualities inherent in the water element.
Rapsody3

Post by Rapsody3 »

I have been busy rectifying charts to increase the number of females in the obesity group to reach 100. Here are the bar diagrams for obesity:
130 obese males.jpg
130 obese males.jpg (16.55 KiB) Viewed 5989 times
100 obese females.jpg
100 obese females.jpg (16.67 KiB) Viewed 5989 times
The reason why obesity is interesting in this context is that the bar diagram for men is almost identical with the equivalent bar diagram for women, even though the number of charts is still very small: 130 males and 100 females. In the beginning of this thread I showed how the bar diagrams for solo athletes were also almost identical for the two genders. In both cases we are dealing with bodily issues. Isn't that surprising, since the bodies of the two genders are so very different? On the other hand, when it comes to professions, the planetary types are almost always different for the two genders. I expected them to be identical.

With obesity the Sun-Leo type together with the Moon-Cancer type are the most frequent planetary types, while the least frequent ones are Makemake-Virgo, Saturn-Capricorn and Venus-Libra. Astrological litterature points out the Sun signs Taurus, Cancer, Libra and Pisces as the ones liable for obesity. I don't know about any astrological books, which includes Leo. That's another surprise.
Rapsody3

Post by Rapsody3 »

This is an update regarding longevity. Since I posted the bar diagrams for the elements for people with long lives, i.e. more than 90 years, I have been busy rectifying charts from this group. Now the category consists of 100 females and 100 males.
100 M longevity elements.jpg
100 M longevity elements.jpg (16.03 KiB) Viewed 5988 times
100 F longevity elements.jpg
100 F longevity elements.jpg (15.84 KiB) Viewed 5988 times
When it comes to longevity, the female gender is on "home turf", meaning that in this category more is required in a chart from a male than from a female. The females have +71% in the water element, while the men have +107%.

Once again: 100 charts in a given category is a very small number, and it is therefore not possible to make major conclusions from these 2 samples.
Rapsody3

Post by Rapsody3 »

And here are the bar diagrams with the 12 planetary types for people with long lives:
100 M longevity.jpg
100 M longevity.jpg (16.63 KiB) Viewed 5988 times
100 F longevity.jpg
100 F longevity.jpg (17.75 KiB) Viewed 5988 times
The main difference between the two genders is that the Pluto-Scorpio type is prevalent among the men, while the same is not the case among the women. The Pluto-Scorpio men from this category stems mainly from military officers, a category which until recently has been closed for women. I wonder if the females with long lives will have more Pluto-Scorpio types in the future, now that more women are present in the military?
kumrao99

Post by kumrao99 »

Tapas(penance) method to clean horoscope( to get rid of adversity
in life and diseases).

Astrology is esoteric science.It is not intended to know the employment
prospects,marriage prospects or finance prospects.This science
is mainly intended to know planetary weaknesses at your birth time,
which rule the future of your life for the next 70years after birth.
Sages say penance means doing austerities involving body suffering,
along with food discipline and sex discipline.
Easy remedies like puja,japa,homam and visiting temples will have effect only
when they are combined with tapas.
Precious stones are being sold canvassing that bad planetary effects will
be minimised or removed.If it is so,rich people can wear any number of
costly stones and prevent calamities in their life.
Homams are also costly affair nowadays.
In the ancient days saints did homams regularly for years together,
while observing celibacy ,fasting once in 3 or 4 days and offering
prayers in di9fficult yoga asanas.
Nowadays ,even elders are busy in seeing their children getting good degrees,
then get employed and later getting married.
Astrology is a great science which will enable you to know your genetic defects,
spiritually.When they receive setback in their pursuit of the ambitions,
they get frustrated and will become depressed and begin to abuse their parents or
their colleges or the society.
Even elders are ignorant that their financial failures or marriage failures,
have got something to do with pitfalls in their horoscope itself.
Lack of awareness of food discipline,is leading to so many diseases.
YOur horoscope has got negativity.
It indicates that you inherited bad karma from previous births.
YOu have to do penance (tapas ) for 6months or 12 or 18 months.
Penance means to avoid milk products(milk,curd,buttermilk,
sweets,nonveg,fish,eggs and dry fruits for one year.
You can take routine meals and other tiffins.
You have to do fasting one day in a week,on Sanivar,for one year.
ON the day of fasting ,you can eat uncooked vegetables(unlimited
quantity).
After doing fasting like the above for 2 months,you have to do fasting
once in a week,for 3months.On the day of fasting ,you can drink
diluted lemon juice 15 times.You can add honey also ,small quantity.
YOu have to do fasting for two days in a fortnight,for 3months.
On the two days,you can diluted lemon juice 15 times.
Fasting is accepted as the best method to clean soul.
Cleaning soul means cleaning sins of previous births.
Mahatma Gandhi used to fast for one or two days,every two weeks.
He did like that for 5 or 7 years.That is how he became so famous.
Likewise,Morarji desai became prime minister at the age of
83..He was also fasting very frequently for 30 years.
Prime minister Modi was fasting all the nine days of dasara,taking
only diluted lemon juice.He was doing like that for the last 25 years.
It is said that he was also fasting 2 or 3 days continuously,every month.
good wishes,
kumrao99@yahoo.co.in
V A Sailer

Testing results across various careers.

Post by V A Sailer »

My research has revolved around conjunctions and planetary containments because these are easy to spot in a chart, and are also easy to load into statistics programs for testing. I have been using famous people from various careers as my source data. Results have been encouraging, producing useful profiles for determining career compatibility. All sorts of debates and disagreements can also be tested using this simple approach to chart analysis.

This system of collecting and comparing conjunctions and frames across various careers is my contribution to both proving and improving the practice of Astrology. One of the standards used in scientific research is that a method or system must be reproducible. In this post I am showing how results are similar across three related careers.

Planetary containments are referred to as “frames” in my work and are studied in separate parts as opening frames and closing frames. The use of partial frames is what makes my system, the SailerScopes system, unique. I found that full frames were not statistically relevant enough to use in profiling. Although I keep track of full frames out of curiosity I don't use them in career profiling calculations.

The SailerScopes system also limits the objects being framed to 5 personal points for all charts plus 5 angular points for timed charts. A set of 50 timed charts would produce 1000 items for scoring just from the opening and closing frames over 10 framed elements. That is plenty of data to profile a career with the assumption that all the charts are from highly qualified people. I mainly work with the Sun, the Moon, and Mercury through Pluto as the openers and closers. I also use the major asteroids and the centaurs Chiron and Elatus as secondary framing elements.

A sample of my results is seen in a comparison of three careers that all fall into the general category of Healing and Counseling. The careers are Alternative Healers (32 charts), Astrologers (58 charts), and Psychologists (54 charts). Each data set was independent with no charts crossing over into another category. I looked at all data that was worthy of points for each career.

Some asteroids appear in the conjunctions where Sun*Vesta and Midheaven*Juno are found across all three careers. Nadir*Pluto for both Alternative Healers and Psychologists is also very interesting.

In the opening frames Neptune is seen as a strong opener for both the Moon and the Descendant. This is interesting because the Moon from personal points is mapped to the Descendant for personal angles in my overall system.

Elatus is strong as an opening frame to the North Node for all three careers while Chiron, the wounded healer, does not rank high in the frames nor in the conjunctions for any of these careers.

In the frames section the strongest outcome is Jupiter and Uranus dominating the closing frames across both personal points and personal angles.

My system produces reliable results for career counseling and also offers a method for experimenting with new ideas by making them testable. This work has been strongly influenced by the Gauquelins and Volguine.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi V A Sailer,

Thanks for this very interesting information.

You might also like to view here on the Forum 'Astrology and Statistics' in the area: ‘Mersenne’s Microcosm’.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]