synastry and liltih

Ceres, Pallas, Juno, Vesta, Chiron and others such as new 'planetoids', Eris, Sedna etc.
kolani

synastry and liltih

Post by kolani »

There is a man I know who has his Lilith exactly on my midheaven (Gemini 20)- how might this influence our relationship and my career aspirations? How do Lilith connections manifest in these kinds of male/female relationships, where the male's Lilith is somehow hitting a point on the female's chart-especially when it's an angular point- like the midheaven: :wink:

admin
Site Admin

Re: synastry and liltih

Post by admin »

Hi kolani (Note: have moved this topic to 'Asteroids and other bodies' forum).

First of all, even though I keep - and watch - the Lilith position in all charts now, I have not had a great deal of experience re specific interpretations. (So I appreciate your query - helps me to look further.)
Having said that, the idea of 'Lilith', seems likely to be relevant to some part of ourselves that is hard to 'know' or to see consciously, and therefore 'functions', almost 'separately' from ourselves.

I thought this extract from http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/lilith-dark-moon.html: was interesting:
"In astrology, the Dark Moon is representative of the darker side of our nature, the negative side. It is the hidden depths that we know exist yet we prefer not to acknowledge. It is subtle on the surface, yet profound beneath. It is the foundations of our personality and the shocking truth that we often deny and project onto others instead. The refusal to see what is really within ourselves. The subtle refusal to see what part we may have played in some unpleasant drama of our lives, how we ourselves have manifested our fears. It is the kind of thing that we intrinsically know we have to deal with, confront the darker side in order to progress unhindered, yet most often we try to ignore. It is the deeper truth that we are forever in search of within ourselves."
That's not of course, what we want to hear or know. :cry: (And perhaps the word 'shocking' is rather strong? Perhaps that depends on one's capacity to 'know' oneself...hmmm) So, with regard to your question, and taking some of this on board, I would suggest that perhaps you may need to be sure of what it is that not only you are looking for from him, but also what he might be looking for from you! Lilith certainly isn't 'obvious' to us. (If you would like to post your 2 charts here, it might help, as obviously there are more issues here. Alternatively, if you like, you can PM them to me...or ...not). Best, Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
kolani

Post by kolani »

Hallelujah :D

I loved your eloquent reponse. What depth and clarity! This man is significant for me on many levels. What I mean to him is a mystery. Our union is a bit odd. If you think an additional context would be helpful, I'd be happy to share. (in fact- I'd really like to- but will hold off on that now for simplicity's sake)

So far I think you're on to something...,

Attached are our charts. I've also included a composite.

Best,

Joey

P.S. would have responded sooner but just found out my post had been moved- a good decision I think:)
If there's an unusual delay in my next response it's only because I'll be leaving for vacation this Friday, July 31, and will have limited internet acess.
Attachments
US, Composite Chart.gif
US, Composite Chart.gif (56.48 KiB) Viewed 2059 times
Mr. Jarchow's Chart.gif
Mr. Jarchow's Chart.gif (55.47 KiB) Viewed 2059 times
Ms. Joey Lorraine's Chart.gif
Ms. Joey Lorraine's Chart.gif (54.51 KiB) Viewed 2060 times
scorpio
Senior

Post by scorpio »

I'm sorry to be late replying to this, also have the 'flu so mind might not be working too well. I think if Lilith in another person's chart is touching something in our own we will feel it sooner or later as a big huge bang. There can also be attraction in the sense of someone understanding a deep side of us that we don't usually allow anyone to see. So we feel that someone will understand us. Even though it is usually presented as something dark and nasty, when somebody hits that part of our chart, it can be a huge release of built up pressures that we have not been able to express for fear of being labelled 'dark and devious'.