Handle Planet: Moon -- How to utilize this?

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
Erriiieeee

Handle Planet: Moon -- How to utilize this?

Post by Erriiieeee »

Hello!

So my time of birth is from my birth certificate so it's completely accurate. My questions is I need some help figuring out what are the focuses of my life. I understand that in bucket type charts the apex is usually where all the bundled planets are funneled through and expressed. I believe my handle planet is the moon yet it's causing all sorts of hard aspects to the rest of the planets (Sun Opposite Moon) and would Saturn be the cutting planet? I was wondering how I would channel a planet that dictates emotions in a house of philosophy?
Thus I draw from the absurd three consequences,which are my revolt, my freedom, and my passion. By the mere activity of consciousness I transform into a rule of life what was an invitation to death—and I refuse suicide
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: Handle Planet: Moon -- How to utilize this?

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Erriiiee, thank you for doing up your chart for me, that really helps.

So, not quite a bucket more a spread or a bowl maybe... planetary patterns can be very hard to see, I use only a very few: Grand Trine, T-Square, Grand Cross, Kite, Mystic Rectangle and sometimes the Yod, but these last 2 are extremely rare. The other patterns are very common and I could spend way too long trying to work out patterns, so I don't.

Usually what we look for in these patterns are things like a Leading Planet = Saturn; Stelliums = 4th House; Singletons = none; T-Square = none; Yod = Moon - Chiron on NNode and Uranus; Planet of High Degree = Moon; Power Planets = Jupiter + Mercury; Mystic Rectangle = Chiron, Moon, Saturn and Sun. I could find more but these ones stand out the most.

Your chart has far more important patterns than just a Bucket, everybody can have a Bucket. But you, you are special, you have the rarest of rare patterns, a Yod and a Mystic Rectangle, wowzers, they are like finding teeth on chickens or diamonds on the Moon! Yes, i am serious, they are extremely rare patterns, and they are nice ones.

Now I have some homework for you Erie, I want you to find out what a Yod and a Mystic Rectangle are, and what you think they represent in your chart. Get back to me and we will work though some more interesting things in your chart, this should be fun :)
Attachments
Erie-natal.jpg
Erie-natal.jpg (291.54 KiB) Viewed 3332 times
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

You will have noticed that my chart is slightly different to yours, I use wider orbs in my natal chart to see more activity. It's an old trick for doing accurate readings, not many astrologers use it these days, they trust their computer too much.
Erriiieeee

Post by Erriiieeee »

Woah-- I definitely was having trouble seeing any good in my chart! So here goes lemme see if I spin something out of these:

Yod - Two Sextiles + a Inconjunct that either act as a conduit or a block:
Chiron (11th/Leo) - Moon (9th/Gemini) sextile --> Inconjunct w/ N.Node (4th/Capricorn)

So I didn't have any friends of my own for the first eight years of my life which instilled in me a deep sense of rejection and inadequacy (Chiron) so I sought through other means to literally wade through the misery of my younger years. I eventually found myself becoming more and more ingrained with philosophy and outlooks. I jumped head first into Christianity after moving to America and when I found that to be unsatisfying I was essentially shown Albert Camus's teachings on adopting an absurdist view of life. This view has given me immense comfort and as such I no longer have an existential crisis (Gemini - Moon/Ninth).

I always think of religion/philosophy in terms of how we are perceiving. After all truth is defined as being in accordance with: Facts/Reality. While facts are essentially black and white--reality is completely subjective on the viewer thus if our truth is based on what we defined as reality then isn't that skewed? Therefore anything that we try to understand is ultimately stamped with the mark of human rationale. (N.Node in Capricorn/4th) ? I came up with this own view after years of observing people and masticating various texts and what not. This is what I came up with as a literal example of how a Yod may work...

Now that brings me to a nagging questions about North Nodes...so my North Node is in the fourth yet it's in Capricorn so that makes it in the tenth with South Node being in the fouth (Cancer)...so how can my North Node be in the same position as the south node in terms of house? This has literally made my head spin!

Mystic Rectangle: Two Oppositions are sextile to each other....an ultimate compromise? I got this definition from:
http://www.lunarliving.org/astrology/my ... pects.html
But my rectangle is comprised of trines and sextiles. Is it still a mystic rectangle?

My rejection from society (or perceived rejection) makes it so I literally do not know how to conform which drove me to peculiar beliefs of life...I felt the need to express with the sun in my third and I've found that I can keep expressing it in different ways so long as I form discipline in the manner i choose to do so? Saturn in the Fifth?

Thank you so much for your insight! My thoughts are really churning now
Thus I draw from the absurd three consequences,which are my revolt, my freedom, and my passion. By the mere activity of consciousness I transform into a rule of life what was an invitation to death—and I refuse suicide
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Erriieeee,

Even though this is the ‘traditional’ form of a ‘Bucket’, I think you should look at the 2 ‘outer’ planets of the ‘bucket’: Jupiter and Saturn. These two planets form the ‘lip’ of the bucket and aren’t the ‘best of friends’. Jupiter is ‘expansion’ and Saturn ‘contraction’. And all of the other bodies, except the Moon are contained within this area. The Moon, as the slightly offset ‘handle’, is in square to Jupiter, and widely trine Saturn. If you imagine holding that bucket of planets, holding it by the Moon, the bucket ‘swings’ (leans) towards Jupiter (with which the Moon/handle is in square). What I find particularly interesting about this is that the Moon ‘rules’ your South Node/’Past’, and squares your Jupiter in the 12th (Jupiter: philosophy, and ‘natural’ ruler of the 9th; Moon in Gemini there covers as much as possible ...it’s a bit of a ‘gypsy’, hard to ‘settle’ on one concept/one ‘philosophy’, especially as you can fly so high and see so much).

Your North Node (‘Future’) is ‘ruled’ by Saturn (the other side of the ‘lip’ of the bucket). This is in Aquarius in your 5th House. Always expecting the sky to fall when you start to be ‘creative’ with your forays forth into such higher areas. You’ll leave one matters/subject, move on to another, and then later think:”I should have followed that one through !” But you have amazing capacities and understanding way beyond what you may think you have, so should you feel like this at any time, don’t worry...you will have gathered it all in some internal library...well, if your chart is correct you’ll have a massive library somewhere at home (or on the Internet...don’t know...depends on whether you like physical or cyberspace ‘books’). (What do you study ? if I may ask). You’ll tackle one issue and then move on to another, over and over. You may not realise how much insight you have into each along the way, but it will gather momentum until you eventually realise and see them ‘all at once’. And this ‘all at once’ will continue throughout your life, because you have your inner helper – Jupiter in the 12th, and the other ‘lip’ of the bucket.

Clearly here, you have given the Sun/Moon opposition a wide aspect, but I feel that the fact that your Sun in Scorpio (very very close to the end of Scorp. and therefore on the cusp of Sag.) is ‘out of sign’ to the opposition to your Moon. Nonetheless, your Sun is in Gemini’s ‘natural’ abode: the 3rd House. And the Moon is opp. the midpoint of your Sun/Mercury. This is significant I feel because Mercury ‘rules’ your Moon, and your Jupiter in Virgo, and the Sun ‘rules’ your 12th House where Jupiter resides. Many things are ‘hidden’, but they all link up so beautifully.

I was about to go on...and on...and on but I was getting further and further away from your question, so I’ll leave that with you for now and hope it makes sense and helps you.

Please do ask if you have further questions. :roll:

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Erriiieeee

Post by Erriiieeee »

Thank you for that analysis!

I currently am not in school. I did study Commercial Photography, and I love writing, especially creative writing! I guess I am in a phase of deep introspection because I wasted nine years of my life to drugs. I'm trying to dig into what drives me and what I've failed to see in myself after being clouded for so long. I have a fear of being to optimistic and I often self-sabotage myself. I am always reading on the computer-- I try to internalize everything I learn because I feel that is the best way to know anything!

So now questions!

Since my moon is the ruler of my south node does that exacerbates the past? At a very young age my brother, and I were sent back and forth between America and Hong Kong. Our family was essentially non-existent because they were work alcoholics. My dad was an orphan so connecting to either of us in an emotional manner was utterly alien to him-- in fact emotional support was scarce in China in general because basic needs were of up-most importance. My mother was cheated on by him which shattered our family--although even from the beginning I could feel immense tension permeating from my home. She's guilt ridden and often I feel guilty around here because I have a hard time connecting with her emotionally. She tends to bring out the worse in me and it's through her I really see South Node in the Fourth playing out.

Does my sun literally being on the cusp of Scorpio/Sagittarius have any impact? I've always felt the "sun sign cusps" were more often expressed through the entire chart as opposed to just the sun.

I understand the fourth house is also the IC...what does the fourth house pertain to more, psychological foundation or domestic life? I can see the impacts of my early life being hinted at through the fourth but I'm trying to understand what Neptune/Uranus/North Node hint at my subconscious foundations.

Next question! Each house has a sign the occupies the cusp so my third house is in scorpio thus it's self-ruled due to Pluto being in the third... does the sign itself affect the characteristics of the house? I've been doing (newbie compared to you both!) chart readings for my dear friends. I've included both the sign effects and the house's rulership in the interpretation.
Erriiieeee

Post by Erriiieeee »

Where is a good website that incorporates wider orbs? I can't find any websites that showed me that I had a Yod and Mystic Rectangle-- they didn't calculate aspects to Chiron!
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Erie, you are very lucky have two brilliant astrologers working fervently on your chart :)

Admin is so darn good, her explanation sums you up better than I could ever do, sigh, but I shall try to help you as best I can...

North Node is in Capricorn, correct, its has no Rulership, only Planets have Rulerships. We do say that Capricorn naturally reside in the 10th House, but it doesn't Rule the 10th, Saturn does.

We have a simple rule in astrology:
Planets = WHAT
Signs = HOW
Houses = WHERE

I don't know of any online sites that allow you to create your own orbs, I own Solar Fire and so can change orbs etc. to whichever size I want, it sure helps having this freedom.

South Node in Cancer, I don't actually use South Node, I am a Leo, an optimist, and so I rarely look backwards unless I have a very good reason to do so. I am interested in tomorrow so I use North Node a lot, he is a good friend of mine.

So many questions, phew, I will be up all night trying to answer them. I know you are interested but please, slowly slowly, let's slow it down, please don't choke trying to eat so much cake all at once :)

Father and Mother = Sun and Moon - but not all the time, whoever is the dominant parent in the child's eyes is the Sun. We can, however, see your father in your Sun, he is angry, driven and passionate, perhaps pathologically driven. We see this in your Sun, Mars and Pluto combination in the 3rd House.

Now I am going to try to explain the impact this has on your 3rd House. It is the House of mind, conscious mind, thinking, worrying and processing information consciously. It is Ruled by Mercury, and Mercury rules Virgo and Gemini. Hey, Virgo is on your Ascendant and Gemini is your MC! Just as Amdin said, you have an enormous amount of Mercurial mind here. And what is the weakness of Mercury? Worry, worry and more worry. What do people do drugs for? To stop the mind worrying and racing negative thoughts. What do I spend most of my day treating? Third House - Mercury mind problems.

Mother is much nicer, even though you had difficulties, she sits nicely, powerfully in your 9th House and is the highest Planet, Planet of High Degree. She shines her light over your entire psyche. Mum is nicely aspected, part of the lovely Mystic Rectangle, a very nice easy Pattern, the energy flows and one day you will be a mother and you will shine your light on your beautiful family.

Moon is also part of the Yod, Finger of Fate, or Finger of God. I like Yods, they show those who are inspired to grow spiritually, hey, that's you! You spent your entire life learning about life, and now you are shifting gear to learn about living as a Spiritual Warrior.

You are not a victim of life. I don't want you to consider yourself a victim of your childhood or of your parents faults and failings. Yes, it was a terrible upbringing and you will never do this to your own children, but you have a Yod and a Mystic rectangle for a very good reason.

I think you already know that reason.

I must go and do more readings, it's getting late and my mind is crumbling fast. I must get to them before it crashes.

Please ask more questions, but slowly, Lao Tsu slowly :)

Homework, why did I call you a Spiritual Warrior?
Erriiieeee

Post by Erriiieeee »

My chart is even more confusing now!

Spiritual Warrior:
An individual who combats the universal enemy number one: Self-ignorance

I suppose one thing I can say without a shadow of doubt is that often I understand exactly why I am doing something. I know I have a deep sense of awareness within and what drives me. With the North Node having affinity with Saturn placed in my fifth house-- is the fifth house where my north node seeks expression? Where the desire to create a something to nurture all is funneled through?

As I examine house cusp rulers do I only look to the ruling planet of that sign? So if I were to check out what is punctuating the XII House then I would simply investigate on the Sun in the Twelfth? Normally I would do this format for reading a chart:

HOUSE XII -
III House Rulership (Leo ruled by the Sun/Sun in the III )
Leo on the Cusp of XII

Is that method inaccurate? or redundant? I am writing an interpretation from my friend's chart at the moment!

What about Venus? Venus in the First seems to indicate proclivities towards vanity. I literally can switch from in-depth to surface level in the blink of an eye especially in my writing. DETRIMENTS aren't Jupiter and Mercury in dissonance with their sign placements? How does that play into this cycle?

Oh Noel! I would like to say that I think you said I may be an amazing mother...I am male but I am pretty feminine for a boy. :} I suppose that's thanks to S.Node in Cancer + Moon + Venus in the first!
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

oh my goodness, I am so sorry, you are a male, well, maybe you would be a good mother but I think you would prefer to be a good father :)

Your strong Feminine is through your Virgo Ascendant and Venus in the 1st. Though looking at Venus she is very strong, Aquarius is not all that masculine or feminine so we go back to Virgo, the Virgin.

I think your 3rd House is very powerful, remember your Mercury is very strong, 3rd House Virgo Ascendant and Gemini MC. All that points to a Mercury mind, you think too much. I can sure see this in your posts, your mind is racing faster than I can keep up :)

Your desire to create is part of the 3rd House, NNode is 'destiny through nurturing, through your past, through knowing and healing your childhood'. NNode has no Rulership so it has nothing to do with the 5th house.

Yes, and well done. A Spiritual Warrior first faces and conquers their own inner dragons, your challenge in life is this heroic adventure, to find, to face and to conquer your racing mind. You can do that with meditation and enlisting the help of Mercury. If you want to follow that line of thought I suggest that you download my ebook then ask me questions so that I can guide you.

How to use Rulerships:
1 -Sun in Scorpio in the 3rd House - Sun is the Ruler of Leo
2. Leo is on the cusp of the 12th House
3. Sun pulls the entire 12th House into where it is residing, the 3rd
4. Now read the 12th House as part of the 3rd - 'my spiritual journey through the 12th House involves mental activity, challenging mental activity, dissolving mental activity.'

Hey, did I say dissolve mental activity? Yes I did! Looks like I was right, for you to move forward on your spiritual journey you will need to harness the power of your mind to conquer itself. And as Leo is involved, it is an heroic journey - the Spiritual Warrior's Journey.