Many Squares Related to the Last Few Weeks Events

This area of the forum is for Western and Vedic astrology discussions. Please post personal issues in the appropriate forum area.

Moderator: Noel Eastwood

Sharkman

Many Squares Related to the Last Few Weeks Events

Post by Sharkman »

I am wondering if I am correct in noticing that there have been several very distinct Squares that also coincide with many of the tragic events that have unfolded recently. Particularly on Sept. 16th in Washington, DC and later on October 3rd also in Washington, DC.

I am very new to looking at astrological charts and I am wanting to know if someone can give me some insight in reading and understanding the charts I have seen for these two dates. They seem to me to be rather significant.

It is not morbid curiosity that has me studying this, it is so that I can more thoroughly understand the alignments of these planets and what they may possibly reveal.

Thank you for any help or guidance you can give me.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Many Squares Related to the Last Few Weeks Events

Post by admin »

Hi Sharkman and welcome.

You are asking a question that is more complicated than you may think. For a start, there is so much going on around our planet, and it's difficult to keep track of everything, everywhere for a particular date.

The first date, (am attaching the chart I set up for that from Solar Fire).

If you are new to astrology, 'squares', even though very significant, are not single significators of an event. If this chart is correct, you'll note that Mars in Leo is opposite the Moon in Aquarius. The Moon 'rules' the 10th (public image), while Mars 'rules' the 2nd and 7th. ('others'). There too in the 7th, you'll see Uranus...blow out/blow up/explode, and opposite Mercury conjunct the Ascendant. Mercury here rules the 9th and 12th...something hidden, a message, had to be shown to a much wider 'audience'. This too is accentuated by Jupiter in the 10th (note that this is in wide opposition to Pluto, in the 3rd - Gemini's 'natural' house, and in square to Mercury conj. the Asc.

This is a very brief look, I know, but I would say that this situation arose as a result of someone at the end of their tether. No way to cope any more.

Note too, that Mars is (in wide) square to Saturn conjunct North Node in Scorpio in the 2nd House (values). i.e. that person could not cope any more with what he had experienced, and as mentioned, he just blew up.

There is much more here, of course, but given your question, it is important to look at more than just squares, of course.

Would be very interesting to see the chart of that person, though I doubt it will be available.

I know this is a very simplistic look, and surely doesn't cover it all at all, but hope it helps.

Best,
Admin.
16 Sept.2013 Washington DC.png
16 Sept.2013 Washington DC.png (108.77 KiB) Viewed 3110 times
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Sharkman

Post by Sharkman »

admin,

Thank you for answering my questions. I understand that my questions are somewhat simplistic and would need to be viewed in context of the individual involved. Obviously in hindsight we can see that this turned into an extremely volitile and tragic situation. I didn't bring it up to upset anyone, it just seemed quite striking to me when I made a chart and started looking at it. The squares were very pronounced and it caught my eye. Of course being able to see the persons chart together with this transit chart would give someone with more experience than me better insight into the situation.

I am very new to this subject and I am reading and studying all the time. I am just begining to understand the significance of House influences and all the other things involved. It looks like I'll be studying for quite sometime before Iget a handle on any of it.

Is it possible to make a chart of Washington,DC based on its birth date, so to speak, and compare the two together to see what influences may appear to be at work?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Sharkman,

I don't consider your questions 'simplistic' at all. One needs a 'simple' point at which to start on such complex issues.

Re chart of Washington DC, best I could find was 16 July, 1790. (I couldn't find a 'time' for this - would require a bit of research - so have set it for 00:00 am and used a 'Solar Chart' as per the attached).

I haven't compared the two charts, but hopefully, this might assist in your research.

Please bear in mind that the charts for Countries, etc. are often disputed.

Wishing you the best for your search and research. (I'll add an overlay for the two charts but need a bit of time to do so)

Admin.
Washington DC.png
Washington DC.png (97.04 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Biwheel Washington DC and 16 Sept. 2013.png
Biwheel Washington DC and 16 Sept. 2013.png (94.26 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
Sharkman

Post by Sharkman »

admin,

Thank you for making those charts for me. I appreciate that very much. I have been using ZET9 because it's free, but I really am stumbling around blind with it for the most part. I have figured out how to make natal charts, but I am still trying to figure out natal and transit charts besides trying to understand what I'm looking at.

It is all very nuanced and much more complex than I had first thought. I have hesitated for more that two decades to actually begin studying astrology, mostly because of prejudice and a closed mind. I have had my eyes opened recently to the validity and power of astrology's influence on our culture. In so many words it has opened my eyes and caused me to reconsider many of the ingrained beliefs I have harbored.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I just had a look at the ZET9. Crikey...was rather daunting. However it surely does offer much in the free version. I noted there is a youtube for beginners. I went through a few other 'freebies'. This one looked interesting: http://download.cnet.com/What-Watch/300 ... isting;pop

Not that I'm recommending it. 'Free' start for such inevitably means that you're going to be pushed to 'buy' an updated version, somewhere along the line.

Meanwhile, if you have a date/place/time and person, I recommend www.astro.com. There you will at least have a free chart set up for you, and for anyone you are searching.

You've started with charts relevant to events and places. Might help if you go into personal charts (those folk you know, relatives, friends) in order to get to understand the planets, their energies, and the houses, etc. Perhaps you know these already, so this may be irrelevant.

I have 'Solar Fire', and have had it for many years, and am still 'stumbling around' with all of its options. So, don't give up. (Solar Fire does have a free d/load, which gives a lot and is worth a look:
http://softadvice.informer.com/Solar_Fi ... nload.html ).

Please let us know how you fare.

Best,
Admin.
Sharkman

Post by Sharkman »

Admin,

Thank you for answering my questions and thank you also for looking at the ZET9 program. It is pretty clunky, but I'm willing to play with it some more until I can really afford to make a better choice and buy a program that is more user friendly.

I have begun to look more carefully at my charts and other family members charts also. You and others whom I have had contact with have suggested that I start with people who are close to me and begin there. It is really sound advise and I am learning quite a bit.

The more that I do this the more I am learning. It is amazing how layered and complex this art/science is. I am very grateful for your advise and I remain open minded and eager to learn more. It is very exciting and I am intrigued the more that I learn.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Sharkman,

Just don't get daunted...though it sounds like you surely won't do so.

It surely is an incredibly fascinating subject and as you said: "...It is amazing how layered and complex...".

Very Best to you with regard to your search.

Admin.
markpattinson902

Post by markpattinson902 »

Thank you for sharing a nice information.