Jupiter Transiting Natal Ascendant

Transits are the most obvious and immediately evident way in which astrological influences can be shown to continue beyond the natal horoscope. They are a rich and complex means of exploring and suggesting ongoing opportunities for personal/psychological development within, not only an individual, but also within Families, and Countries.
janeflorez

Jupiter Transiting Natal Ascendant

Post by janeflorez »

Hi Everyone

I've just been browsing the topics and as I currently don't seem to have anything useful or intelligent to add to any of the current topics, I thought I'd ask a question instead!

Would anyone like to share anything (I mean, absolutely anything) regarding Jupiter transiting natal ascendant.

All thoughts will read with interest!
scorpio
Senior

Re: Jupiter Transiting Natal Ascendant

Post by scorpio »

I have it natally Jane, so Isuspect you may gain weight (but not if it is in an Air sign); you might find yourself suddenly interested in Jupiterian type subjects like law, politics, academia or poetry (maybe even horse-raising or racing). If it is forming a stressful aspect you might suffer a bit of sciatica. But I think Jupiter simply expands whatever it touches, and it being the Ascendant, it will depend on what sign it is in. You will just be more drawn into projecting that sign (through the ascendent) or more interested in the activities of that sign.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Will have a go at this.

As you've probably found, Jupiter's transits don't always deliver the 'great benefits and good luck' traditionally promised - at least not in obvious or material ways...although of course, they can do so. (And inevitably it depends upon the condition of Natal Jupiter, placement by house, sign, aspect and houses ruled). Jupiter's propensity to 'expand' and 'exaggerate' can create a feckless over-optimism which can result in taking on too much, or promising to take on too much as it can give a sense of excitement and 'yeah...I can do that!' Or, promises are made by others which in reality, can't be kept. This can occur even with 'positive' aspects, such as sextiles and trines, though more so with conjunctions, squares, quincunxes and oppositions of course.

Having said that, there is another quality of a Jupiter transit which may be less obvious. It does seem to be a 'psychological' buoy. So that, even whilst 'difficulties' may abound, there's a sense of 'support' , which can appear to be coming from an external source (and it may well be), but ultimately is a result of some inner growth process that is creating a greater understanding and view of one's part or place in the larger sphere of life.

An exerpt from Robert Hand (Planets in Transit, Life Cycles for Living: Para Research) on Transiting Jupiter conj. Asc:
"Personal relationships expand under this influence...you will expand your circle and meet people you wouldn't ordinarily, possibly including the rich and famous...Just be careful you don't become involved with these people for superficial reasons; make sure that you can grow through (your relationship with) them...Think in terms of your personal growth, not in terms of your status...This transit represents the beginning of a new (12 year) cycle of development..."
I have to say that personally I've - so far - not been able to 'identify' this 12 year Jupiter Cycle in any solid way...(as opposed to the Saturn Cycles!). Perhaps - or presumably - because I've been looking at it from a superficial point of view. :roll:
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
janeflorez

Post by janeflorez »

Thanks for replies Scorpio and Admin.

I shall relate the changes/events in my life on this Jupiter transit over my Capricorn ascendant - whatever they may be, which will (hopefully) enlighten us all (ha ha!). I hope for some expansion of my working life!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just thought to add this one from Philip Sedgwick's 'Galactic Times' :
As Jupiter passes through 20° 12' over the next few days - and which has nothing to do with 2012 or any end of the world prophecy, he locks onto the ultra-anomalistic black hole system, SS 433. Once considered an extraordinary anomaly before black hole categorization, this galactic entity received the attention of at least a half dozen full length astrophysical treatises.
And further:
With Jupiter's expanding urges adding to the nature of SS 433, some may try to juggle too many balls, mix oil and water or push against a tide. If a slight change of tack is implied, savvy sailors shift sails immediately. A sailor can tell you, being wind out of sail is pretty close to being dead in the water. Bobbing along does not match well with the Jupiter in Capricorn need for progress. When priorities shift and energies must respond with changing intensities, ride the wave. Note the week off-week on, push-pull, ebb-flow cycle underscoring all efforts and apply energy accordingly.
Please do go into the site and read the rest on this: http://www.philipsedgwick.com/. Tis very interesting :!:
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The Great Conjunction of Venus, Jupiter and the Moon:
LUNAR OCCULTATION: The Great Conjunction of Venus, Jupiter and the Moon (described below) offers something extra for Europeans. For more than an hour on the evening of Dec. 1st, the crescent Moon will actually eclipse Venus. Astronomers call such an event a "lunar occultation." Venus emerging from the dark edge of the Moon is a remarkably beautiful sight. [timetables] [live webcast]

STUNNING SKY SHOW: When the sun goes down tonight, step outside and look south. Beaming through the twilight is one of the prettiest things you'll ever see--a tight three-way conjunction of Venus, Jupiter and the crescent Moon: sky map.
http://spaceweather.com:80/
janeflorez

Post by janeflorez »

On 15 October I posted an item on here regarding Jupiter transiting my Natal Ascendant at 22 degrees of Capricorn.

I have met recently with Capricorn friends for whom Jupiter has just transitted over their suns and other personal planets. I have to say, that, like me, they saw no manifestations of anything Jupiterian in their lives. No changes, shifts or anything! I admit that I was desperately watching for something to happen in my line of work (theatre), but these friends know nothing about Jupiter or astrology.

I think I was expecting too much and that Jupiter in Capricorn is restricted. I do wonder however, if being Capricorn and Saturn ruled, whether effects can be stored up and reaped a little later.

Any feedback or comment anyone?