Want to make a jump, is it ok to do so?

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
claudia2768!

Want to make a jump, is it ok to do so?

Post by claudia2768! »

Hello everyone:

I´m trying to make a jump into a new career that can be iffy in terms of success. I have always wanted to be a writer and I´m feeling like it´s now or never. I would need to take my day job into a part-time mode to make time for writing, maybe even take out a loan that might help with some pending payments that once freed up, would allow me to take some time off.
I´d like to know if my current chart position is, at this moment, helpful.
Is success as a writer a possibility? Is the timing right? How do you see my money situation for the next couple of years?
I´m looking for clues that can help me make this life changing decision.

Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

info: She / her / born: August 27, 1968 aprox. 7:30 pm. Place of birth: Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: Want to make a jump, is it ok to do so?

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Claudia, I can see that things have been rather interesting but mixed these past few years. Right now things are settled but there are more interesting times heading your way in the coming years. As the horoscope is a circle things are never going to be settled for anyone for very long.

I can see that you are restless and want to push things along, and although writing is an amazing career it is not easy and money is hard to come by - there is a lot of competition in this field. Expect it to take several years to learn your craft and then, even more importantly, learn how to market your books.

So to answer your question, yes, go for it, things are brighter now than previously. Your chart shows you to be extremely driven and focused in your work, all that Virgo in the 7th house. It also suggests that romance and personal relationships will be a focus of your work, in what way I am not sure but you have wonderful insights into human behaviour.

Marketing is going to be the most important part of your success, so pls don't think that once you have written your book that's it. A book won't sell unless you get eyes on it, and that is the role of marketing. Don't give up your day job either, you'll need five years of hard writing and marketing before you will earn enough to move to the next stage. So keep working, if you can maybe drop one day or cut your hours, that might be about as much as I would drop at this stage. Borrowing to pay off debts is something you'll need to talk to a financial expert about.

I would suggest that you need to give yourself about five years before you will be earning enough to be able to have more time off. This is a rough estimate, of course, but it isn't easy, writing books is not what it was 10 years ago. Today the book market is flooded with new authors, and now you will be trying to push your way in against established authors as well as all the new ones. It ain't easy.

Having said all the bad stuff, you are stepping into a wonderfully fulfilling career, just do it sensibly. Wash those stars from your eyes and do this safely, wisely and with the benefit of your years of life experience behind you. Bottom line, make it fun, cover your debts with your day job, and start learning your craft of how to write to your audience. Slowly learn how to market without having to pay for it (there are a lot of pirates out there who will take your money and give you rubbish in return). There are so many ways to market and sell your book too, I will help you do this if you want.

Pls feel free to ask me questions and I'll do my best to answer them.