Understanding Aṣṭakavarga

For Beginners to Advanced Students or other Members.

Moderators: Pem, Hamid

Hamid

Re: Understanding Aṣṭakavarga

Post by Hamid »

It look good that you take interest.
Astakavarga is a system in its own pure n accurate
When you are studying it all other systems n logic must be kept out of mind.
There no presently(as I think)no other system which give results in black n white there are no ifs n buts.
But you need a couple of decades to have command over it.
I after 20 yrs..... still learning.... probably slower because I am not a practicing astrologer.
Hamid
Interest in Timing Events
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

The astakavarga we use are as per Varahamihira method of calculation I hope this clarify your doubts
Hamid
vedam33

Post by vedam33 »

Dear Vivek
My take on astakavarga is as follows .
The astakavarga system is based on the relative positions of the planets .the benefic or malefically places are determined with respect to the other planets.parasara discusses astakavarga towards the end of his book,and the books available now a days have missed so many verses and phrases from the original text.but due to non availability of the original text they are incomplete .the astakavarga can be called as micro astrology,and it was difficult to cast and also time consuming.,so the SYSTEM WAS DISCARDED.
Coming to your question and with regard to respect to sage Maharshi .it is to state that some verses were added and so whole meaning got changed .It is true that varamihra way of calculation is different from sage parashara.and as some verses in BPHS were got changed and since principles laid down with respect to Varahamihira was getting correct results ,as per my guruji experiences ,so we are following Varahamihiras teachings only .with due respect to sri sage parashara ,if any astrologer has analysed correctly by following his rules ,then we can take that into consideration .
Actually in astrology which ever system we follow it should give correct timing of events .
I feel i covered the points raised .
Vedam
vedam33

Post by vedam33 »

Further to my message ,points from each planet is distributed irrespective whether it is benefic to that planet or not ,as it is not about the similar way of calculating as per shadbala
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

Nicely written Vedam ji,
We as astrologers have one objective and that is to reach at a correct prediction and presently there is no other system than the Krushna Astakavarga System which gives better n accurate result .
Hamid
vedam33

Post by vedam33 »

Hamid ji
Thanks for complements , the kas system is known is Krushna astakavarga system , which is unique in its own way and it is part of Vedic astrology only , not of a different system and rules as given in all Vedic astrology . It is primarily based on upachaya theory and strength of planets is calculated based on astakavarga and with different ways to know the timing of events. The kas system gives very accurate in timing of events and I am not telling other systems of astrology will not give , but all the systems of astrology were good in its own way . Actually which ever system we follow the timing of event is important. Coming to the kas , all the yogas will be covered and there is no need to remember all the yogas , and the system was transferred from the generation of my guruji family and guruji was very kind enough to share this system to all . The Ayanamsa followed in the kas is different than in other systems of astrology and to get correct results the Ayanamsa as per kas has to be followed.
If any members were interested in knowing further about this system can visit www. ashtro.ca
Regards
Vedam
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

TRUE..... simply remarkable system
Hamid
vedam33

Post by vedam33 »

Dear Sanju
In astakavarga neither Parasara nor varamihra considered benefic or malefic relation ships between planets were considered when distributing points , so the question of relative placements of jup and moon does not arise . The distribution of bindus with respect to each planet located in the chart is fixed and relationships between planets whether friends are enemies were not taken into consideration
vedam33

Post by vedam33 »

Sage parashara and Varahamihira has given that planets will distribute bindus /Rekha and based on that we casted and analysed, why only at certain places jup or any planet will give bindus is not mentioned .
In the same analogy Can you tell why Nakshatras were counted starting from Revathi why not from Ashwini or Bharani.
vedam33

Post by vedam33 »

Yes I accept for example mother no where it was told to take 4th house actually 4th house is known as sukhasthana ( means happiness) for every house 2nd from it is known as improving house or sukh , so 3rd from 2nd is sukhasthana for mother I.e happiness for mother , so people while translation took 4th house as mother . Actually in Sanskrit to translate is very difficult and people interpreted in different way , due to that entire meaning got changed . Another example is a planet going into sixth house is bad is what it was mentioned, but certain people interpreted and took that 6th house from any where , and all followed that .actualy 6th house from lagna is bad and if the same planet is in 6th from its own house it increases means growth.
Actually our sages have given verses in texts very logically, but interpretations of the slokas was taken in different way and entire meanings got changed
Even in jamini astrology , some scholars interpret slokas in different way and which one has to be taken is of difficult task , the problem now a days is we don’t know the true or correct language of Sanskrit and the genuiness of verses is also doubtful