Planets and signs

This area is for those who wish to ask questions about, or to discuss astrological theory. ​ ​P​lease feel free to drop in and ask questions, add comments and answer queries here.
Starman

Planets and signs

Post by Starman »

Hello! I'm new to this forum, and have little practical knowledge of astrology. My knowledge is limited to the basic qualities of planets and zodiac, I have no real idea how they relate to each other. My first major question is whether or not it's possible for a planet to form a 90 degree angle between two signs. Is there any good site out there that could calculate the exact positions between the planets and the signs? Thanks for your imput.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: Planets and signs

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Starman, can I suggest you take my free Introduction to Astrology course, it will guide you through the basics which every budding astrologer really needs. I'd also suggest that you subscribe to my free newsletter, the links are in my signature below.

The next suggestion is to go to www.chartsubscriber.com and use that site for your chart making. It uses Solar Fire which is the best software in my opinion. You can ask the owner, David, if you ever get stuck with anything, he is great.

As for a 90 degree angle between planets -that is what we call a Square aspect. When two signs form a 90 degree angle we call them Modes or Quadruplicities. For instance, the Cardinal signs - Cancer, Libra, Capricorn and Aries are all 90 degrees apart.

Learning these sorts of things are critical to becoming a professional astrologer and that is where I always recommend anyone interested in astrology should aim, to be a professional and the best.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have, posting them in this forum is probably the best way so others can see it and learn along with you. All the best for your studies and let us know how things go.