Transiting North Node conjunct natal South Node

Transits are the most obvious and immediately evident way in which astrological influences can be shown to continue beyond the natal horoscope. They are a rich and complex means of exploring and suggesting ongoing opportunities for personal/psychological development within, not only an individual, but also within Families, and Countries.
1nluv

Transiting North Node conjunct natal South Node

Post by 1nluv »

I recently met someone in person for the first time after many months of long distance communication, when the transiting NN was precisely conjunct their natal south node. There's not too much info online about this transit. Does anyone have any insight about it?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Transiting North Node conjunct natal South Node

Post by admin »

Hi 1nluv,

I found a few articles on this (just by Googling your Subject Heading here), but perhaps you had missed them ? For e.g.: https://www.leahwhitehorse.com/2014/11/ ... ing-nodes/ - which I thought was very interesting, not least of all because the author equates this transit with 'The Hanged Man' in Tarot, which must surely appeal to you ?! :D

There are several other sites listed there too.

Have to say that I haven't researched this much so now you've inspired me to study this more.

Thanks.

Do please pass on your thoughts about this matter !

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
1nluv

Post by 1nluv »

Thanks Admin. Yes, I had come across that article and others in my search, just looking for more information about it and maybe how others who see this post might have experienced it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi 1nluv,

Hi 1nluv,

Here's another (just in case you hadn't come across it): http://astroarena12.blogspot.com/2017/0 ... -fate.html

A thought occurred to me that, as the Nodes are relevant to the Moon and Sun (the points at which the Moon's orbit intersects the Earth's path around the Sun); and as the period is 18.6+ years, and I’m sure you know where my thoughts headed with this: Tarot 18: The Moon; and 19: The Sun.

Apart from this, I think that transits to either the Nodal Return, or to Nodes conjunct their opposite Nodes, would naturally activate and bring to light more about what such would mean for an individual; and perhaps more so, Progressed Sun or Moon. (Also transits or progressions to the Rulers of the natal Nodes).

That’s as far as I’ve gone, at this point.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
1nluv

Post by 1nluv »

That's one I hadn't come across and I found it interesting if a little unclear. I suppose I'll just have to see how it plays out in this interpersonal relationship (it's the same one that brought me here.) Alot of the information I've found on the nodal return has to do more with changing life circumstances in general, not one person's particular impact on another. One idea that I keep coming across though is that aspects to the south node indicate a past life relationship, and I can say that I've always known that this is a very karmic past life relationship.

It's interesting what you said about the nodes corresponding to the tarot Sun and Moon. I'd never thought about it that way. Hoping to see the Sun soon in this relationship.