Should I take the plunge

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
icarus2712

Re: Should I take the plunge

Post by icarus2712 »

My world came down crashing down today. I had high hopes from my lecturer (details above post) he asked me to search for openings in my field of experience. Indirectly he meant that unless and until I do these professional courses (IATA certification) which in my present financial state is impossible, I don't stand a chance in travel industry.

I guess that's the end of it. I was so upbeat and positive even if I knew that this certification course which I am doing is just ABC's of travel industry it's something to start with.
If this person who is very influential in the industry cannot help me secure a job no one can.

It seems that planets transits or whatever is going above in heavens intends me to beg on street going further when the money runs out.

Guess it was a false hope which was going on for past 3-4 months, for a moment I was deluded into 'following my passion and turning it into a career' thing.

If the course fees were refundable, I would have opted out of this course today itself.

That's the case of classic bad luck is not it, not withstanding what the chart says, 9 the house energies , travel MC and all that.

:|
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear icarus,

I’m at a bit of a loss as to why that lecturer hadn’t warned you prior to starting the course. Your words ‘indirectly he meant... ...’, suggest that this Mercury retrograde (amongst the other retrogrades) created misunderstanding about what was actually needed ?

Looking way back at our earlier posts, I had said: “ However, I think that perhaps you should wait until after Saturn has turned direct and gone past your Mercury... but I’m also looking at transiting Neptune and the possibility of over-reaching yourself and then getting disheartened". And also later I said: “it would be a good idea to make a plan for all of the possible expenses and to try to stick to that plan. This will help to contain all the Neptune influences – at least, to some extent”; and further “...extra care needs to be taken prior to embarking on something new...”; and “...perhaps it is after all, best to wait until later in the year to embark on this new venture.”

Yes, I do realise that I had also encouraged you to try, but this seems like a classic case of not verifying first with the course instructor about this matter of having to undertake IATA certification before embarking on this.

But none of this helps you at all, so enough now of ‘should have’s’. Time to make a new plan of action.

First up, I suggest you keep working on building your blog site, and doing all the research necessary. Make a plan of action, rather than just writing. Make a list of what you need to do, and create an agenda for each day, and stick to it. As I said, Mercury turns direct (in about 5 days) in your 6th House of ‘work’ and although he takes a few days to get up steam, ruling your 7th/’others’, and your 4th/family, enlist their aid to get yourself organised. Currently he’s in square to your Mars in your 8th, so this is why you’re feeling that your world has come crashing down and like it’s ‘the end’.

After he turns direct he’ll again square your Mars, but this time hopefully he’ll help you to see more clearly where you went wrong and thus avoid making the same mistake.

Mars too, still retrograde, has just re-entered Capricorn (in trine to your Pluto in the 7th, ruling your 9th). He turns direct in 2 weeks, and will continue to be in trine to your Pluto for a few weeks after this. This may at the very least - if you’ve prepared properly - give you renewed vigour, and perhaps even bring some very positive connection with some group in 'foreign' matters (perhaps languages or other connected areas).

As Jupiter is opposite your Saturn in the 2nd/finances, this surely feels frustrating and of course worrying, but in many ways it also brings clarity about where you ‘went wrong’ so that you can make the changes necessary to move forward. What’s important with this is that you open yourself to other opportunities rather than dwelling on what didn’t work which will only keep doors to new opportunities closed to you and result in more frustration. This is about learning from one’s mistakes and failures and determining to use the experience in order to move forward rather than just falling into a heap. Remember, Jupiter moves into your 9th in mid October.

And Saturn ! Still retrograde and involving your Capricorn Sun/10th House/Career and ruling your 6th/Work. Naturally this is contributing to your depression and feeling of helplessness. This has surely been a lesson hard-learned, to say the least. Saturn turns direct on the 6th Sept. and heads back to your Sun. BUT, this time it suggests that IF you have learned his harsh lessons, you will be working hard and finding that the effort put in, especially with regard to proper planning, will reward accordingly. There is ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ even if it doesn’t feel like that right now.

Naturally, retrograde Neptune hovering over your Ascendant is perhaps the main energy to watch as he is this up/down, dreaming, illusory and confusing influence. This can result in over-sensitivity so that when something like what has just happened occurs, reality feels too harsh and like the universe is punishing you, or at least being so very unfair. But it’s vital that, although you need your dreams of great and wonderful possibilities, you keep your feet on the ground in order not to fall in a heap. It is really hard to keep focus with this going on, but if you can do this, you can make your dreams real. One step at a time is difficult with Neptune, but Saturn will help, if you let him.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
icarus2712

Post by icarus2712 »

admin wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:35 am Dear icarus,

I’m at a bit of a loss as to why that lecturer hadn’t warned you prior to starting the course. Your words ‘indirectly he meant... ...’, suggest that this Mercury retrograde (amongst the other retrogrades) created misunderstanding about what was actually needed ?

Looking way back at our earlier posts, I had said: “ However, I think that perhaps you should wait until after Saturn has turned direct and gone past your Mercury... but I’m also looking at transiting Neptune and the possibility of over-reaching yourself and then getting disheartened". And also later I said: “it would be a good idea to make a plan for all of the possible expenses and to try to stick to that plan. This will help to contain all the Neptune influences – at least, to some extent”; and further “...extra care needs to be taken prior to embarking on something new...”; and “...perhaps it is after all, best to wait until later in the year to embark on this new venture.”

Yes, I do realise that I had also encouraged you to try, but this seems like a classic case of not verifying first with the course instructor about this matter of having to undertake IATA certification before embarking on this.

But none of this helps you at all, so enough now of ‘should have’s’. Time to make a new plan of action.

First up, I suggest you keep working on building your blog site, and doing all the research necessary. Make a plan of action, rather than just writing. Make a list of what you need to do, and create an agenda for each day, and stick to it. As I said, Mercury turns direct (in about 5 days) in your 6th House of ‘work’ and although he takes a few days to get up steam, ruling your 7th/’others’, and your 4th/family, enlist their aid to get yourself organised. Currently he’s in square to your Mars in your 8th, so this is why you’re feeling that your world has come crashing down and like it’s ‘the end’.

After he turns direct he’ll again square your Mars, but this time hopefully he’ll help you to see more clearly where you went wrong and thus avoid making the same mistake.

Mars too, still retrograde, has just re-entered Capricorn (in trine to your Pluto in the 7th, ruling your 9th). He turns direct in 2 weeks, and will continue to be in trine to your Pluto for a few weeks after this. This may at the very least - if you’ve prepared properly - give you renewed vigour, and perhaps even bring some very positive connection with some group in 'foreign' matters (perhaps languages or other connected areas).

As Jupiter is opposite your Saturn in the 2nd/finances, this surely feels frustrating and of course worrying, but in many ways it also brings clarity about where you ‘went wrong’ so that you can make the changes necessary to move forward. What’s important with this is that you open yourself to other opportunities rather than dwelling on what didn’t work which will only keep doors to new opportunities closed to you and result in more frustration. This is about learning from one’s mistakes and failures and determining to use the experience in order to move forward rather than just falling into a heap. Remember, Jupiter moves into your 9th in mid October.

And Saturn ! Still retrograde and involving your Capricorn Sun/10th House/Career and ruling your 6th/Work. Naturally this is contributing to your depression and feeling of helplessness. This has surely been a lesson hard-learned, to say the least. Saturn turns direct on the 6th Sept. and heads back to your Sun. BUT, this time it suggests that IF you have learned his harsh lessons, you will be working hard and finding that the effort put in, especially with regard to proper planning, will reward accordingly. There is ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ even if it doesn’t feel like that right now.

Naturally, retrograde Neptune hovering over your Ascendant is perhaps the main energy to watch as he is this up/down, dreaming, illusory and confusing influence. This can result in over-sensitivity so that when something like what has just happened occurs, reality feels too harsh and like the universe is punishing you, or at least being so very unfair. But it’s vital that, although you need your dreams of great and wonderful possibilities, you keep your feet on the ground in order not to fall in a heap. It is really hard to keep focus with this going on, but if you can do this, you can make your dreams real. One step at a time is difficult with Neptune, but Saturn will help, if you let him.

Best,
Admin.
I knew IATA certification is required in this industry but I simply don't have finances to do it currently. So I joined this course so that at least I could get a basic certification at least on my resume for job hunting. And once I get the job, IATA would be the first thing.

Secondly the lecturer keeps harping on how the potential to grow in this industry is there as the demand for trained people excced the supply. He himself repeatedly had stated that he has helped so many 'right' candidate secure jobs in the industry , basis his reputation.

That's why I approached him to help me out if he has any openings. He asked for my resume then he replies to search for jobs.if I was getting one ,why would I require his help.

See the whole issue is my age, at 47 I have started to realise no one in any industry wants to touch me. So what guarantee is there that if I do IATA I would get hired.and there are atleast 2 levels which I need to complete, costing somewhere around 1000$.
As per blog I realised that it's futile , I mean had I been a constant traveller like a nomad , people would have been interested in reading my travel. Stories. All I have is some decade old experiences which are outdated now, there are millions of blogs on travels far better than me.

Really, is it in my chart to make career in this industry ? IATA is a.must and I don't have money to do it, so should I forget , keep attending classes as long as I could (since the fees is not refundable) and hope for a miracle to happen somehow. Or break my Provident fund ,my last pennies,do the IATA? When is that benevolent 'Jupiter' kicking into action, isn't it high time he does something, so sluggish he is.

When the damn thing called a job is going to happen ? Is my chart so complicated to analyse that in past 2 years every predictions have been failing on that front?

I feel so disheartened , this was something I wanted to do and now the planets seem to be conspiring to wean me away. Why raise hopes in the first place :roll: .
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The planets aren’t ‘conspiring against you’, they are making sure that you go about it in the ‘right way’, that is – and as I have said repeatedly – preparing the groundwork properly and thoroughly and then following this through to the end.

I’ve suggested the various times to attempt to start any projects and also suggested when things will begin to shift, so although I realise that you’re in such an anxious state at this time and want me to say yay or nay, I’m afraid I can’t do that.

However, it seems to me that as the travel industry is the only area you have thought about getting into, and as you clearly have your heart set on that, then you should commit to following through with that. And as it seems that you would have difficulty getting back into your previous industry, what else is there to do but to see this travel matter through ?

Clearly too, as you have paid up for these current classes, then certainly you should complete them. I also realise that Neptune is creating this confusion and undermining your intent, but Saturn seems to be insisting that you do at least complete what you start.

If you re-read my last post, wherein I explained the transits and when various planets turn direct, you’ll see there as much information as I can give.

I suggest that you ask 1nluv your question in the Tarot area of the Forum. If you do this, make sure you keep your question as simple and straightforward as possible as this will result in the clearest answer.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
icarus2712

Post by icarus2712 »

Ok let's c how things turn out in the end.
I did question 1nluv regarding career in this industry initially, the answer was no from tarot cards

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=4372&p=19234#p19234

Anyways, with due respect to him, I am not into tarot thing. In past I have consulted tarot readers however none of them what they said materlised.

That's the reason I have stopped delving into vedic astrology as well. Layers and layers , like an onion , and thousands of reasons for failed predictions.Thats why I always pose this question to a professional astrologer, Wil u offer me a free reading on probable job dates, which if proves to be accurate, I will pay double your fees from my first salary. Well the response is anyone's guess.

maybe I am not destined to get an accurate reading in the first place, any medium of divination.

Let's c what happens.thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This whole issue is dependent upon your choosing a goal and sticking to it, which is clearly difficult for you even at the best of times – which this time is not. The industry you were in previously at least gave you a structure within which to work, but now you’re in a ‘free’ mode, (and panicking too because of financial needs), you’re naturally finding it hard to stick to your choices. But it’s consistency of effort that is required of you.

Ironically, it’s this Neptune conjunct your Ascendant and your own confusion and lack of focus that is interfering too with our astrological and Tarot interpretations and prognostications, and making it hard for us – at this point – to be specific. Not only are you seeing your world and life through a fog, but we in turn are ‘seeing’ you and your chart (and the cards) through that same fog.

In other words, the reason you’re not getting specific answers is because you are yourself in such a confused state. So it’s not a matter of ‘not being destined to get an accurate reading’, but rather that your own confusion is resulting in a lack of specificity on our part. But if you can focus on just one thing/one goal, you’ll find that the future will unfold in a more ‘orderly’ and clearer fashion.

Re vedic astrology, from what I’ve seen of answers from those on this Forum, it is far more specific and definite in its predictions than western astrology so I was rather surprised at your view of that system. I realise Rishi Rahul answered your query here, but if you go into the Vedic area of this Forum and perhaps address your query to Pem, I think you might receive a very specific and more direct answer.

I’ve given you all the dates – so please re-read carefully the posts in which I went through and listed these dates. I can’t do more than this until the various planets mentioned start to turn direct, the first of which is Mercury in just 3-4 days in the 6th House/work area; then Mars turns direct a week after that. Things should begin to move quite quickly after that and I think you will start to see your path more clearly, so I suggest that before you ask more questions, you wait to see what unfolds, not least of all in your own state of mind.

(I don’t charge monies for astrology matters, in part because I no longer have the time nor inclination to do this).

Admin.
icarus2712

Post by icarus2712 »

Hello admin,

Hope you are doing good. Well , nothing on the job front yet. Course is going on fine and will finish in January.

And Jupiter has returned, degrewise. 😁 Something to look forward to? ( similar transits, 1994 first job, 2006 promotion in job. But but, i was young then. 😕)

Ran out of cash money. Have started liquidating asset (shares-that too in losses as markets are down) .

Dont know how long that money will last.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi icarus,

Thanks for the update. And so now you are suffering this current retrograde Venus in Scorpio in your 8th – joint finances, investments etc. There’s still a way to go with this, though retrogrades are tricky, sometimes bringing a resolution, sometimes needing to wait until after it turns direct.

As a result at least of this Venus retrograde occurring at the same time as your Jupiter Return, I suspect it will be, as you suggest, a little different from the previous 2 you mention. This running out of cash is ironically providing a more fertile ground for that Jupiter to expand in other ways, not least of all in your current studies which are expanding your whole world view, perhaps even more than you are aware of at this point.

In other words it is preparing you for even more than you may be anticipating career-wise. How you would be feeling in the midst of this cash problem if you didn’t have those studies going on ? But there is more as ‘doing without’ or tightening your belt financially, is actually pushing you towards a different and wider view of what you can achieve.

Venus turns direct on the 16th Nov., by which time Jupiter will have entered Sag. and conjoined your Neptune in your area of studies. Given that transiting Neptune - which has been hovering over your Asc. for such a long time - turns direct on the 25th Nov., you will surely start to feel a shift of some sort in your thinking. Just keep your hat on for a bit longer as Venus will conjoin your Mars and oppose your Saturn in your financial areas for most of the 2nd half of Dec. This may make you feel somewhat restricted around that time, though it will also provide a resolution or understanding of what this whole period since your job loss has really meant.

Apart from that, I’m quite sure that with transiting Saturn now conjunct your Sun in the 10th/Career, things are really beginning to change even though you may still feel restricted and naturally worried for a while longer.

Just keep your eye on the goal and don’t let your mind wander into ‘what might or could be’ (Neptune); nor allow yourself to fall into doubt, which will only undermine your resolve.

Really, even though it doesn’t feel like it, it’s working all in your favour, so that by late Jan./Feb. when Jupiter enters your 10th, and Uranus has turned direct in your 2nd House/finances, the way will be open and you’ll be off and running into that world you’re dreaming of. Just hang in there for a little longer !

Admin.
icarus2712

Post by icarus2712 »

admin wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:57 am Hi icarus,

Thanks for the update. And so now you are suffering this current retrograde Venus in Scorpio in your 8th – joint finances, investments etc. There’s still a way to go with this, though retrogrades are tricky, sometimes bringing a resolution, sometimes needing to wait until after it turns direct.

As a result at least of this Venus retrograde occurring at the same time as your Jupiter Return, I suspect it will be, as you suggest, a little different from the previous 2 you mention. This running out of cash is ironically providing a more fertile ground for that Jupiter to expand in other ways, not least of all in your current studies which are expanding your whole world view, perhaps even more than you are aware of at this point.

In other words it is preparing you for even more than you may be anticipating career-wise. How you would be feeling in the midst of this cash problem if you didn’t have those studies going on ? But there is more as ‘doing without’ or tightening your belt financially, is actually pushing you towards a different and wider view of what you can achieve.

Venus turns direct on the 16th Nov., by which time Jupiter will have entered Sag. and conjoined your Neptune in your area of studies. Given that transiting Neptune - which has been hovering over your Asc. for such a long time - turns direct on the 25th Nov., you will surely start to feel a shift of some sort in your thinking. Just keep your hat on for a bit longer as Venus will conjoin your Mars and oppose your Saturn in your financial areas for most of the 2nd half of Dec. This may make you feel somewhat restricted around that time, though it will also provide a resolution or understanding of what this whole period since your job loss has really meant.

Apart from that, I’m quite sure that with transiting Saturn now conjunct your Sun in the 10th/Career, things are really beginning to change even though you may still feel restricted and naturally worried for a while longer.

Just keep your eye on the goal and don’t let your mind wander into ‘what might or could be’ (Neptune); nor allow yourself to fall into doubt, which will only undermine your resolve.

Really, even though it doesn’t feel like it, it’s working all in your favour, so that by late Jan./Feb. when Jupiter enters your 10th, and Uranus has turned direct in your 2nd House/finances, the way will be open and you’ll be off and running into that world you’re dreaming of. Just hang in there for a little longer !

Admin.
Thank you for elaborate reverts as usual.
Honestly I will exist as long as my money exist. The day its over, 😕😕

I have been applying to any travel related openings on the jobsites post redrafting my resumes on Travel lines (mentionining the short course i am doing, and the travel blog which i wrote earlier) but no replies at all. The only reason i can think of is being overage. So its really bothersome will i get a job ever (any field) when recruiters are not responding looking at my age. Irresepective of what planets are indicating.

Look at the contradiction, Jupiter in 9th transit in sadge also indicates travels , specially world wide isn't it? But where the money(income) will come from for that? I am really yerning to go for a joutney but cannot because of finances.There is no restrictions like leaves from job etc. But i cannot go.

Ditto for the actual professional course which i want to undertake further. But even if i take (financial) courage and join , will i get a job, my age issues notwithstanding.

Even this course, which is just a basic abcd of travel and tourism, cannot be relied upon fetching a job. Its not a professional course after all.

See, what am i trying is to compare the reality (the actual situation which i am in, and the future which i see is logically) vis a vis what planetary transit are indicating.

Thats how i am looking at it, may be neptune is clouding my vision and there is really a guru (jupiter in sadge 9) who will handhold me out of this mess😊

by the way any chance u look at my SR, since i m short of my bday 2 months from now.

Thank you.
icarus2712

Post by icarus2712 »

admin wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:57 am Hi icarus,

Admin.
dear admin

:D After 2 1/2 years of bwing jobless, stress , dwindling money balance, I finally landed a job today.. This is so sudden, overwhelming.

Although the salary offered is not up to my level, the company is a small set up(3) travel agency, at least something is better than nothing, i guess.

well, one thing , every one was saying likely when jupiter on MC, feb, the event has happened much ahead.

perhaps, wholesign is the way to go i mean transits like jupiter in 10 now , jupiter in 9 previously(new study) etc.

anyways how will i fare n the job, will be joiining on 13 dec...

since its a small set up, expecting to lear inside and out f travel industry in depth.