Question regardng mantra for Ketu

For Beginners to Advanced Students or other Members.

Moderators: Pem, Hamid

lisa369

Question regardng mantra for Ketu

Post by lisa369 »

Hi everyone,

My first post here.

I just started a Ketu bhukti in Jupiter dasa. I selected a chant, Om Kem Ketave Namaha' and started chanting it on last Saturday.

I was taught to notice what happens around you, when you start something like this, and two things happened:

The very next day there was a big tropical storm in mid Florida, which is not unusual. What was unusual is that I was getting gas at the self serve gas station close to my house and I saw what I thought was a giant scorpion heading directly for my car. It was a bout three feet away. I ran into the gas station yelling that a scorpion was trying to come into my car, and the service rep there ran out with a broom and it was NO WHERE to be seen although it had been moving not so quickly.

She then asked me was it big and brown and red? Yes, I replied, at least 12 inches long. She then told me it wasn't a scorpion, but a crayfish that had come from the little pond by the gas station! They took walks when there was a storm and the pond overflowed, she said.

The next day there was a power outage due to the storm and over 500 people were affected. When the power came back on, mine was the only one that didn't come back on for another 12 hours. That too I thought was significant.

So, what does any one make of this? When I did the mantra, I felt the energy, it seemed very strong.

I know that these sounds are not 'words', but energies and depending on which beej mantras you chooses, different qualities will be expanded and also, chakras. My Ketu is in the 12th house, Aries, Krittika, I think, and close to the moon also in the 12th house, in Bharani. Not good and really affecting an already challenged moon. Does make me quite psychic, but not in a fun way (won't go into it). So I was going to chant to the moon at the same time to expand the blessings and for protection.

Last time I chanted to the moon many years ago the results were quite good, but I stopped.

I found another chant online, 'Om sram sreem sraum sah ketuve namaha' that also could work, but don't know which energies which mantra are enhancing. I like to do ones that I can chant online to on Youtube with some one else. It gets lonely sometimes.

Also, I always do the guyatri mantra for a planet I chant to first. But not interested in doing the guyatri chant for pacification to Ketu as the main chant. I don't find it as energizing. Input on this would be appreciated as well.

If anyone is interested my birth info is March 6, 1957 @ 9:39 am in New York, New York, USA. I actually think that it may be around 9:27 or so and that the info was written a little late by the doctor.

Best regards to the board and blessings, I hope this is not too long a post.

Lisa

Lisa
lisa369

Re: Question regardng mantra for Ketu

Post by lisa369 »

Seems like no one knows. Can any one direct me to a forum that might have more in depth knowledge of mantra significance in the Vedic tradition?

Thanks,

Lisa
Sujit

Post by Sujit »

Lisa,

Ketu mantra ..Om Sri Ganeshaya namah, 101 times....after bath and before breakfast.

- Sujit
Online Vedic Astrologer " I know a thing or two about how planets give results."
Do you need some more advice, guidance?
You can find me on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/astrologer.sujit
Pem

Post by Pem »

Hello Lisa
You are in the best forum with knowledgeable astrologer members and you
have already been given an easy, simple and effective mantra for Ketu.

Please also refer my post in Vedic Astrology Readings and all these mantras are there
for anyone on a platter. Just help yourself. Refer Mantras for Planets in 1st Position of forum.

You could also light a candlelight and do this with the required number of repetitions in multiples of 9
until the desired target is reached. And, then continue throughout the entire Dasa or Bukthi.

Blessings !
PEM
Charity Vedic Astrologer
http://www.astrologersforum.com/forum/v ... =66&t=2870
**AS ABOVE - SO BELOW**
lisa369

Post by lisa369 »

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I think that what I really want is the 'why' of each one. Why Ganeshe and not Ketu? Which mantra emphasizes which? When would one do the long mantra of pacification mantra and when would one just do beej?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa