How 'alternative lifestyle' is presented in a chart?

This area is for those who wish to ask questions about, or to discuss astrological theory. ​ ​P​lease feel free to drop in and ask questions, add comments and answer queries here.
chasingstars

How 'alternative lifestyle' is presented in a chart?

Post by chasingstars »

Nowadays there are a lot of persons in the welfare states who live an 'average lifestyle' in big towns and cities, working for multinational companies, being part of the consuming society but on one point in their lives they move to the tranquil countryside by their own decision, isolated from these big cities, try to make a self-sustain households and try to build a more harmonic life with nature. Some of them are loners, some of them try to form a society. Some of them are total nomads, some of them use modern tools, too. Can you read this ambition from a chart? Which astrological factors could lead to such a life and philosophy? It's really interesting because in my understanding this is like 'rebellion for the conservative and tradition".
(Of course the main reason I am asking this because I have a weird unexplainable attraction to these people and I always come across with them. As a beginner in astrology I think I have some factors in my chart related to my curiosity but I am really intrested in your opinion)
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: How 'alternative lifestyle' is presented in a chart?

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi chasingstars, as you've described these people vary in so many ways, they don't have a single set type or personality. What you will see is that there is a trigger that brings them to the decision point to move to a quieter or more fulfilling lifestyle.

To see this you will probably need to examine their transiting charts and see what is pushing them into a lifestyle change. Don't forget that many fail and come back to civilisation particularly when they run out of money or their health deteriorates. Sometimes reality just doesn't match their expectations and they become disillusioned. They move back to the madness they left albeit changed in some way, usually a lot poorer too.

Some do make a lifestyle change that holds and they enjoy where they are at in life. These people would have characteristics that made them successful in the first place. Things like:
- stickability - they can start a project and actually finish it properly - Saturn and Capricorn, a lot of earth in their chart.
- energy and health - major transits have moved into separating mode and they are now in recovery and feeling better.
- creative and inspired - dominant fire in their chart like Leo and Jupiter / Sagittarius.

These are the things that I would expect to see.
chasingstars

Post by chasingstars »

Dear Noel,

Thank you for your informative answer. I didn't think about your perspective before.
I could say that your opinion is a "good news" for me as I have a "little" Capricorn and Sagittarius in my chart. I thought the 12th house shows the desire to move to an isolated place and 11th house with something Aquarius shows how someone is capable to build alternative communities.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

CS, you have an interesting chart for many reasons, your dominant 12th house shows you need isolation to heal and that is best done in the safety and security of a sanctuary which can either be in your mind palace (inner sanctuary) or a real world one like a cave in the wilderness.

You might want to go to my web page to check out my books because using astrology to create a sanctuary for inner work is what I have spent a lifetime teaching people to do.

Your Aqu Asc shows a need for something different so the wilderness lifestyle suits you as does the Jupiter Sun conjunction in Sag.
chasingstars

Post by chasingstars »

It's really interesting since I thought my 11th house Jup-Sun conjunction means that I really need a community around me and this is a really 'extroverted' constellation which overwrites the isolation needs of my 12th house.
Once I met someone who uses a special intuitive psychological method to find out your inner purpose and he said to me: 'you are driven by the joy of ESCAPE'. I need to search for the answer what does that escape mean in my life but that 12th stellium definitely refers to the act of escape. My only idea is that kind of escape I mentioned in the question.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

CS, one way to find the 'what, where and how' of your escape is to go into your 12th house and talk to those archetypes, ask them. I've written a lot about this in my books and newsletters and I recommend you look at them. Basically it is a meditation or active imagination process where you close your eyes and go inside your chart and find those archetypes: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Uranus and Neptune plus I'd add the 12th house cusp sign, Capricorn.

This is not a one-off meditation but rather it is a learning curve. Each time you go within you will learn a little more of yourself. It is a fun and insightful way to learn about your spiritual path.