How does being born on a full moon affect an individual?

This area is for those who wish to ask questions about, or to discuss astrological theory. ​ ​P​lease feel free to drop in and ask questions, add comments and answer queries here.
Jak

How does being born on a full moon affect an individual?

Post by Jak »

Hi Noel,

I'm not an 'official' student (e.g. I'm not studying on an astrology course right now, but may well do in the future) but am intensively investigating mine and others, and about astrology in general.

I've been wondering how being born on a full moon affects an individual? Does it always lead to immense frustration? I have my sun in aries and moon in libra and I'm sure this could be the main aspect that leads to the most challenges and frustrations I experience in life. Would you agree that this is the case? If so, any ideas how this can be alleviated?

I'm not sure if this is to do with my sun/moon opposition but I am constantly coming up against experiences where I feel an urge to be accepted by and feeling of dependance on others and then feeling frustrated at anyone trying to dominate me. It's so frustrating and disempowering! :x

Also are there any positives to being born on a full moon?

Many thanks for your time and expertise :)

Jak
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: How does being born on a full moon affect an individual?

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Jak, good question, and you don't need to be a student to ask questions here so go for it.

A full moon is a Sun-Moon opposition. We know that this will occur roughly every month. Oppositions are generally, and we have to use generalisations when we can't see the entire chart, they are generally 'conflict' with something outside of us.

Sun is you, your reason for incarnation, Moon is your feelings, emotions and a whole lot of other qualities. In a conjuction, when Sun and Moon sit next to each other by up to 15 degrees, a New Moon, is the start of something, so that person initiates projects easily.

The Full Moon, the opposition, is fulfillment of projects, the ripening and picking the ripe fruit. The New Moon then marks the culmination or ending phase and the start of a new cycle or project. You would like things done first, then you can go in and enjoy it, starting is not so natural - generally speaking.

But back to the psychological factors of a Full Moon, the opposition. In your case it is Libra and Aries, we would expect some sort of conflict with others more so than within yourself. The conflict could be ideological: thoughts, ideas and sometimes emotions, feelings. It could also manifest as conflict between your parents, between society and your own ideals, etc.

Before anyone can say the key to your life is the Full Moon I'd really like to see what else is going on in your life first. We are never one point or even several points of a chart. We are quite complex creatures and that is reflected in the entire chart. I hope that helped.
Jak

Post by Jak »

Hi Noel,

that was a brilliant explanation! Thank you :D
Before anyone can say the key to your life is the Full Moon I'd really like to see what else is going on in your life first. We are never one point or even several points of a chart. We are quite complex creatures and that is reflected in the entire chart. I hope that helped.
It certainly would be very helpful if you could check my chart with regards how the opposition might be affecting things, if you have the time of course. I know you must be busy and it is immensely kind of you to give your time and energy the way you do to help others.

Should I attach my chart or post birth details here? Or should I ask in the personal chart queries section?

Much Gratitude,

Jak
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Jak, just attach your chart and we can chat about it
Jak

Post by Jak »

Hi Noel,

that's very kind of you. Should I get the chart done at a specific website? E.g. astro.com? Also do I use the placidus style?

Many thanks,

Jak
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

yep, as long as its clear and easy to read, only add the one asteroid, Chiron, not any others because it clogs up the chart and makes it hard to read. And use Placidus, its easiest and most common system used.
Jak

Post by Jak »

Hi Noel,

I've attached chart with this post. Thank you very much! :D

Jak
Attachments
Jak chart.gif
Jak chart.gif (107.88 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Jak, some things for you to look at that are very significant.

1. The T-square of Sun opp Moon both square Mars. I'll give you a hint, the focal planet, Mars, is sacrificed to help the other two, Sun and Moon, to stay in balance. How would that affect you?
2. Moon wide conjunction with Uranus and Sun opposite Uranus, these are highly significant to your moods, how? and why?
3. Sun conjunct Chiron, the wounded healer, how might that affect you?

Next we'll look at using the Equal House system and see if those houses even up a bit, see how some are squashed and some enormous?

OK, you'll have noticed I'm not all that worried about the Full Moon, it's significant, yes, but these other factors are more so.

Now do some research and see what you come up with.
Jak

Post by Jak »

Hi Noel,

firstly thanks very much for taking the time and energy to respond and sharing your expertise :D
I've looked into your suggestions in quite a bit of depth, looking at various sites descriptions on each aspect. So this response will be thorough! (Although a lot you'll skim over as the quotes are probably from sites you've seen before).
1. The T-square of Sun opp Moon both square Mars. I'll give you a hint, the focal planet, Mars, is sacrificed to help the other two, Sun and Moon, to stay in balance. How would that affect you?
Ok, so I looked into what a T-square is (had a basic idea but wanted to check and look into it in a bit more depth) - I searched on google and clicked on the cafe astrology link. Is that site good for definitions in your opinion?

They talk about what type of t-square it is. (I.e. A cardinal/fixed/mutable one). They didn't explain how to tell which of those it is. Do you tell by looking for where the focal planet is located? My sun, moon and mars are in different ones - sun in cardinal fire, moon in fixed air and mars in mutable earth.

They also talk about an unoccupied point located directly opposite from the focal planet that is evidently important and sensitive. Do you treat this point as important, or do you tend not to consider it when looking at a chart?

They mention that a t-square can create drive and courage but can also create tension and conflict. They explain more but that depends on what type of t-square it is (mutable etc.)

It says that the focal planet: '...is the point of great activity, overcompensation, and activation. It’s where the native seeks to solve or resolve the conflict set up by the opposition.'

Referring back to your post where you say:
the focal planet, Mars, is sacrificed to help the other two, Sun and Moon, to stay in balance.
So applying this to what I found out about focal planets, it seems that my Mars is being taxed/weakened considerably by playing 'piggie in the middle' with my sun and moon?

You ask how I think that would affect me. If Mars is about aggression, passion and drive I would expect that those areas would be weakened/diminished or fluctuate between weakened and excessive due to being sapped as the focal planet in a t-square? Thinking a bit on how this might work...is it possible that my Mars is weakened when having to overly assert itself to 'protect' my moon and 'placate' my sun? I tend to alternate between being more independent/self-assured and being dependant/less self-assured. The latter seems to lead me into some disempowering situations, so that my sun aspect feels deeply dissatisfied with the consequences, and subsequently perhaps it's my mars that has to become extra fiery to help balance things?
2. Moon wide conjunction with Uranus and Sun opposite Uranus, these are highly significant to your moods, how? and why?
I've been researching both, the conjunction and opposition. Not the most appealing aspects to have! Oh well...hopefully they can be alleviated somehow?!

From what I read on one site the moon links with the hypothalamus:

'The hypothalamus is a gland in the brain which regulates parenting and attachment behaviours, as well as hunger, thirst, fatigue, sleep, and circadian rhythms. It is directly linked to, and equally important as the pituitary gland (Sun).' Also that...'Sudden onset of emotional volatility can be expected, verging on hysteria. However, these episodes usually pass as quickly as they started.'

http://astrologyking.com/moon-conjunct-uranus/

Another site (astromatrix) says:

'All Moon-Uranus aspects indicate possible personality conflict based in the clash between established behaviour patterns (symbolized by the Moon) and the progressive but disruptive energy of Uranus. While this conflict can spread throughout the psyche, the Moon's affinity is to feelings and emotions, and Uranus's is toward impersonality, abstraction, and intellect. This can create duality and friction between 'head and heart', which may be difficult to resolve. Emotionally, you may experience regular mood changes and erratic, contradictory feelings, appearing to others as unpredictable, unreliable, impulsive, or lacking in commitment and responsibility. Lunar energies fluctuate, ebb and flow; and joining these with Uranus is not conducive to a stable and controllable inner life.'

http://astromatrix.org/Horoscopes/Plane ... nct-Uranus

Some solutions mentioned in one article (from astrologyking link):

'Satisfying the need for stimulation is vital in dealing with the impulsive nature of Moon conjunct Uranus...Acceptance of, and family support of any psychic abilities are essential for the young person with this aspect.'

It's interesting regarding psychic abilities. I never knew that aspect linked with psychic stuff. Explains a lot thinking about it.

So going by what I read, I'd say my Moon conjunct my Uranus causes mood swings caused by affects on hypothalamus (affecting sleep, appetite, energy levels etc.) and the two different energy extremes of moon and uranus. It is true that my moods fluctuate a lot and can go to extremes.

With regards sun opposite uranus aspect, I read the description at this link:

http://astromatrix.org/Horoscopes/Plane ... ion-Uranus

What can I say, if I'm brutally honest I see some of that in me at times. Not nice. And another 'emotional rollercoaster' effect. As if I didn't have enough of that influence from the moon conjunct uranus aspect! Except this one sounds even worse. I will say however that I only notice this in myself some of the time. I'm also hoping it's not as bad as that article makes it sound because they make it sound terrible!

Perhaps a little bit more upbeat description:

https://cafeastrology.com/natal/sunuranusaspects.html

Like the other, I see most traits in myself at times.

This description here:

http://astroarena12.blogspot.co.uk/2016 ... iment.html

says the aspect should mean that I shouldn't take things personally, but actually I do, and I wonder if that has to do with the fact that my moon is conjunct uranus, and that this duo are opposing my sun?

It all sounds like quite a muddle!

I suppose the problem is connected to the conflict in finding an identity:

'It also indicates that finding an identity for yourself is something that you’ll actually be quite distanced from and not entirely invested in. Since Uranus is detachment, there can be more of an impetus for you to help other people find their identity and sense of self. But, when it comes to yourself? That can just be a big, old mess. Again, we can see how the energies of the Sun and Uranus can be at odds. You might end up not caring about being in touch with your sense of self or finding out who you are.' (taken from above link)

And the solution perhaps, in part, is to accept the uranus influence within the light of the self:

'In the end, you are going to figure out who you are when you’re willing to be different. Those with a Sun-Uranus aspect shine as individuals when they let their unique brilliance come to the forefront...You must be “one of the people” while also totally being your own person. This is another essential dichotomy of having your Sun touching Uranus. You shine the most when you don’t care about shining yet when you know exactly what makes you unique, even if no one else is that interested in it. In the process, the ego (Sun) is both tamed and strengthened. It gives you the power to experiment with all of these modes of self-expression while also not getting that personally invested in the outcome, whether that’s success or what people say about it.'
3. Sun conjunct Chiron, the wounded healer, how might that affect you?
I wasn't sure if this conjunction was close enough? Presumably you mention it because you think it is close enough to be considered a conjunction?

Looking into it I see it is another heavy aspect <sigh> but with some powerful effects to offer if understood and realised.

(Btw I read about it at this link: http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_wounding_e.htm )

I wonder what effect my chiron conjunct sun opposing my moon and uranus conjunction has?

Like all the aspects, I would imagine it's important to take into account their house and sign placement and also how they are aspected to other planets?

Sorry this response has got quite long.

Thank you for all your feedback and for pointing these aspects out as important. Although I have briefly looked at these aspects before it wasn't in as much depth and not with as much focus, they certainly prove enlightening!

Jak
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Jak, that's a lot of words and my brain is small, how about tighten it up for an old man? Give me 2 sentences for each question, then you make this old fella happy :)

Just quickly, think of each archetype as a person, give them personalities then imagine them in conversation, in aspect. How would they get on, what would they say to each other, how would they relate?

You're close with Mars, now how would he relate with Sun and Moon? What clothing does he wear - see his sign for that; where will be he (setting) - see his House for that.

Give your chart context, give it life and personality, you are a community of 'selves', little selves we call archetypes. There are more but that's beyond what we are doing here.

Exciting isn't it :)