How does being born on a full moon affect an individual?

This area is for those who wish to ask questions about, or to discuss astrological theory. ​ ​P​lease feel free to drop in and ask questions, add comments and answer queries here.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: How does being born on a full moon affect an individual?

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Jak, I'm so pleased you are doing my course, it's basic, yes, but also, if you read between the lines, it's incredibly indepth. So, go slowly, don't rush it, there's lots to digest and ruminate on and you are doing just that.

29 degrees, well, it means the end of a sign, but as an astrologer, it really doesn't mean much more than that. End of a sign, start of a sign, nothing magical about that really. Sadly there is nothing magical in astrology. But, having said that, 29 degrees and waiting for a Pluto transit scares the daylights out of anyone, especially astrologers who know what it really means. Do I have my strategies, yes, I working on them every minute of every day, I live with Pluto on a daily basis so one would think I'm ready, but really... I see people who have Pluto transits to their Ascendants, nasty stuff, if only...

Your partner sounds like, well Mr Scorpio, a bit like me, I feel for him :) seriously, natal Pluto 1 deg applying to Ascendant is powerful, always waiting for disaster to crash on his head. 1 degree separating, is different, disaster has already happened and now he has to manage it. It depends if Pluto is still in the 12th house or in the 1st house. If it is in the 12th house it is applying and so waiting for disaster, if it is in the 1st house it is separating and it has already happened so managing his power is his challenge.

Pluto is astral travel, the other side of consciousness, been there done that, but earning the right to experience it is hard work. A Plutonic / Scorpionic person is entitled to experience the joys of astral travel, power, in the other world, but they have to learn how to do it, earn the right to cross that portal. Your partner can do it if he is prepared to put in the hard work to earn it. Otherwise life is rather meaningless and rather stressful.
Jak

Post by Jak »

Hi Noel,

thank you for your informative and helpful reply! :D

My goodness it's quite concerning to hear how Pluto can be when conjunct the ascendant, especially to hear how seriously you are taking it :shock:

Interestingly I had Pluto cross my Ascendant when I was pregnant with my first child. I certainly had a very challenging time while it went through my first house.

My partner's Pluto is 1 degree from his Ascendant but in the 12th house. Oh dear! Any brief word of advice/caution with regards this? Doesn't sound great from what you said. Is there anything he or I can do to offset that effect in any way?

Interesting you mention astral travel as we both have those experiences. In fact we met on a web site about out of body experiences (and other altered states of conscious experiences such as lucid dreams).

I just want to thank you again for your course. I'm plodding on with it steadily but surely. Just wanted to check on something. In the 'chart subscriber' chart it has my 6th house cusp as just in Gemini, however on the astrodienst placidus chart that I look at it has my 6th house cusp in Taurus. The 'chart subscriber' chart also has my 12th house cusp just in Sagittarius, whereas the astrodienst placidus chart has my 12th house cusp in Scorpio. Which do you think is likely to be more accurate? Sorry if I should ask that on the chart subscriber website, but I'm not sure how to chat on there?

Thank you for your time Noel :D

Jak
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Jak, this is the chart I have using Solar Fire V9, you'll notice that some of the Houses are crunched together and some are huge. This us a factor of the way the chart is drawn using the Placidus house system, In many cases, like yours, I'd use the Equal house system that simply makes all the houses 30 degrees and doesn't try to factor in the latitude and try to force it to be sitting on the equator.

House systems are a pain in astrology, as you can see. So check at the top left or right of your chart it should say which house system is used, it might be Equal or Placidus.

As for Pluto, well, one of his key words is Transformation, another is crisis, put them together and we have 'transformation through crisis'. Your pregnancy would have been rather transformative I would say.

Your husband is set to transform and it is usually force n us by the outer planets in ways we never quite understand. Because they operate in the deep unconscious it's hard to notice what is bent a d needs straightening in us.

I suggest that your husband do a lot of meditation, a lot of juicing raw vegs and fruits, eat well, do some exercise and perhaps take up tai chi or yoga. Pluto's is a long transit, it takes years, so his transformation will reflect that - constantly refining who he is.

We have a few clues to what it might be about though - astral travel, astrology, anything to do with the underworld. It's also health and psychological health. That's why I always focus first on physical and mental health in these outer transits. They will always show up any weaknesses we have there.

Spiritually, well, yes, but it comes through the physical and psychological first. no good being spiritually pure if you have cancer or major depression, sort of spoils the fun a bit.

So tell hubby to go back to his basics, look after his health, trim off the excesses of his life. Maybe as simple as cut out the third glass of red wine at night, switch to more fish, do his stretches every morning, meditate, did I say meditate? Well, meditate daily, maybe even three times each day. Just simple deep states, nothing fancy, not mantra unless his mind is so active he needs the distractions.

If he has astral traveled in the past then this will come back. And I always suggest counselling, just to be safe. Often unresolved issues of the past can sneak up and bite us in the butt during outer planet transits.

And keep doing the course, slowly, gently, absorb it in your meditations like oxygen :-)
Attachments
jak.jpg
jak.jpg (208.12 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Jak, the previous chart is Koch House system, astrologers use this when the Placidus House system produces wide and tiny houses from living well away from the equator. It wasn't Placidus like I thought, silly me :)

This chart below is Equal Houses, notice the difference? All houses are of an equal size - 30 degrees.
Attachments
jak equal house.jpg
jak equal house.jpg (203.92 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

the big question for astrologers is... which House System do we use?

Well, in practice we would use all systems, I'd probably go with both Koch and Equal and interpret both charts together. A lot of work but it gives flexibility. Over the years you can time transits of cusps (those lines between houses) and planets. Use the fast inner planets for this. It's why not everyone who wants to be an astrologer becomes one, it's a hell of a lot of work, but worth every second of study and meditation.

Your challenge is to learn the basics thoroughly, that's why I always suggest my students meditate with their archetypes, how better to know something than to touch, feel, smell, taste, see and hear them?

OK, I'd like you to email David at chart subscriber and just ask him to check your chart, he's a lovely guy, just like you and I :) And please let me know which house system your chart is, I suspect it's Placidus.