For Students

This area is for those who wish to ask questions about, or to discuss astrological theory. ​ ​P​lease feel free to drop in and ask questions, add comments and answer queries here.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

For Students

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Please feel free to drop in and ask questions and add comments here - the more the merrier.

Create a thread (click 'New Post' at top left of screen), attach your chart (which you've created in http://www.chartsubscriber.com) and we'll help you work through it.
Attachments
RNNoel-icon-forum.jpg
RNNoel-icon-forum.jpg (61.17 KiB) Viewed 6139 times
Pem

Re: For Students

Post by Pem »

Hello Noel
There was a need for this Student Section and I am glad you have this started in this Forum.
Some sites have other Sections : e.g. Astrology Discussions as opposed to Readings.
It might only need to be sectioned in Western or Vedic Astrology.
Best Wishes
Pem
PEM
Charity Vedic Astrologer
http://www.astrologersforum.com/forum/v ... =66&t=2870
**AS ABOVE - SO BELOW**
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Pem, nice to chat with you again, why not jump in with any question and answer from a vedic perspective? I think that would be a great way to contrast the two systems.
Pem

Post by Pem »

Hello Noel :
I see your point. Give it a try and lets see the response for a period of time.
It will be interesting.
All the best
PEM
Charity Vedic Astrologer
http://www.astrologersforum.com/forum/v ... =66&t=2870
**AS ABOVE - SO BELOW**
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Pem, I chatted with Admin and she also thought along the lines of your comment, so on second thoughts maybe it would be better to have a separate section for vedic and western.
Lilith78

Post by Lilith78 »

Hello everyone. I was researching Taurus, and am still trying to figure out this sign. Here is what little I have read, and I am hoping for clarification on the parts my description is missing. Now, it sounds like Taurus appears to be thick-skinned. Yet, in the eyes of the Taurean, they are sensitive. If this is the case, then how does Taurus or do Taureans release their pent-up anger from people's callous remarks?

Secondly, it sounds like this sign is quite artistic. There are Taurean singers, musicians, and artists. If this is the case, then how does Taurus differ from Pisces? Especially if one considers that Pisces can be somewhat thin-skinned and volatile as well.

Thank you for reading this post, and I look forward to reading your responses. Sorry in advance if this is not the right place to make this post.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Lilith, you are quite right with Taurus, they are generally excellent singers and very musically oriented, and yes, they are sensitive but tend to manage with minor bullying until eventually they explode. Pisceans are always sensitive and tend not to outwardly explode, they explode inwardly, tending to self harm and negative self talk.
Lilith78

Post by Lilith78 »

So, one key difference between Pisces and Taurus is Taurus explodes outwardly, and Pisces usually takes it on herself. Extending this discussion about Pisces and Taurus, I wish to introduce a metaphorical example. First, I am hoping to know astrology well enough that if I meet someone and get to know them, I will regardless of knowing their date of birth be able to figure out their birthdate. Granted, this is an extreme example of my goal, it is still a goal I want to reach. In the case of Taurus and Pisces, I am hoping that Noel or other members of the audience may join in this game.

Suppose, Bob was born with all his planets in Pisces. Suppose Bob's brother Mike was born with all his planets in Taurus. Other than what has already been mentioned, how would you be able to tell (without cheating by asking them their date of birth, which I know is totally impossible here on Earth) Bob's versus Mike's signs?

I very much look forward to reading your responses. Thank you in advance for your comments.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Lilith78, all I can suggest at this stage is that a person is influenced by the entire chart not single or double points. Even if they were born with all their planets in a single sign there are conjunctions between planets which changes everything, so too planets in houses changes everything. The human being is a complex individual and astrology is just one tool that helps us understand them.

Knowing someone's date of birth doesn't really explain someone, knowing their chart, as you are doing, certainly helps. You best approach is to study astrology formally, do a course perhaps Chris Brennan's Hellenistic Astrology course which is perhaps one of the best courses on the net, do a search for his podcasts and youtube clips.

I know my answer does not really address your question but I can't say that all planets ina single sign really exemplifies that sign, it will only show facets of that sign because the planets will form conjunctions in houses that will change the interpretation and therefore what you will see in their personality.

For example Pisces Moon, Sun and Pluto conjunct in the 3rd House will show Scorpio traits as well as Gemini traits. If you then add a conjunction between Mars, Uranus and Mercury in Pisces in the 2nd House there will be traits of Taurus, Aquarius, Aries and Gemini. Now we add Neptune, Venus and Chiron in Pisces straddling the 3rd House cusp from the 2nd House and you get even more complexity.

Isn't the variance in human personality just marvelous :)
Lilith78

Post by Lilith78 »

I will eventually take up yuour suggestion and read his postings. While I said it badly earlier with my example, I am hoping to cover my bases in asking how would you tell by behavior the difference between Pisces and Taurus? For the record, my Sun sign is Pisces. Intuitively, I know Pisces is significantly different from Taurus. Partly because I am Piscean. The problem I face has to do with what I have been reading about Taurus. The same words seem to be equally applicable to what I believe to be true about Pisces.

Between now and when I finally read "Chris Brennan's Hellenistic Astrology course" would you be willing to tell us what you have learned about telling the difference between Pisces and Taurus? I am sure your knowledge will help me better understand Chris Brennan's course and seeing how you have been an astrologer for many years, you probably can say much his course does not.