Astrology and Statistics

Moderator: Mersenne

Mersenne

Astrology and Statistics

Post by Mersenne »

For the attention of the Forum,

I submit the attached new analysis of the Ascendant, Midheaven and Mars Signs of military personnel from the Astrodienst website.

Asking the patience of those who reviewed my first essays in this area, notably Admin, Noel Eastwood and Rapsody3, I have taken this opportunity to delete my earlier posts. Although these were kindly received, they were flawed in content (though curiously not too bad in conclusion).

The attached material may be freely used by any Forum member, as long as the Forum is fully referenced as follows:

"Mersenne the Astrologer" (2016), I Didn't Raise my Son to be a Soldier. Available at the Astrologers' Forum, [please add a link and give the last date of access].

Forum members are asked to use the information with caution- these are still early days in the analysis.

Kindest regards,

Mersenne.

EDIT OF 1007/2016: original attachment deleted. New fuller attachment below.
Last edited by Mersenne on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: UPDATE
See on this Forum:
Mersenne’s Astrological Statistics & Datasets
Mersenne’s Microcosm
Mersenne’s Transneptunians
Mersenne

Re: Astrology and Statistics

Post by Mersenne »

An Update

Continuing work has refined the figures quoted in the first posting, but not contradicted them- high is still high and low, low. I hope in the course of the next two weeks to have the final document ready (ASC, MC, planets and aspects). If however anyone has any comments based on the above "taster" please let me know.
See on this Forum:
Mersenne’s Microcosm
Mersenne

Post by Mersenne »

For the attention of the Forum,

I attach the first part of the study, considering the Sign placements of the Planets, Ascendant and Midheaven points.

Readers are asked to remain cautious while the second part, analysing the all-important Aspects, remains unposted. The attached is not, perhaps, a fifth of the story- and even when complete, the considerations of the individual horoscope must always outweigh such general guidelines.

Nevertheless, I should be grateful for any feedback, particularly objections.

Pease cite as "Mersenne the Astrologer" (2016), I Didn't Raise my Son to be a Soldier Part 1. Available at the Astrologers' Forum, [please add a link and give the last date of access].

Kindest regards,

Mersenne.
Attachments
I Didnt Raise my Son to be a Soldier PART 1 PDF.pdf
(807.37 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
See on this Forum:
Mersenne’s Microcosm
Mersenne

Post by Mersenne »

The work on the Aspects is turning up some interesting results. (Note, I continue with my custom of capitalising Astrological factors- Aspect, Planet, Point etc.)

While not all sets of Aspects achieve statistical significance, all have their own surprises. For instance, Mars does not have the strong relationship to the MC that one would expect, whereas Neptune is strong conjunct MC (of course, many in the sample are sailors).

I attach a "teaser" indicating the type and layout of data. The Sun and the North Node are both significant and it can be seen how differently they behave in the military Horoscope.

The immediate objective is a box for every Planet-Planet and Planet-Point, with the expected and observed frequencies that will allow the Aspects to be integrated into the Horoscope.

It may be seen that Dexter and Sinister Aspects behave rather differently, and I should be interested to hear any opinions as to why this should be so.

Kindest regards,

Mersenne.

EDIT OF SAME DAY: Attachment replaced with update including sesquisquares.
Attachments
TEASER FOR PART 2.pdf
(345.34 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
Last edited by Mersenne on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: CORRECTION
See on this Forum:
Mersenne’s Microcosm
MalizenX

Post by MalizenX »

Humm, very interesting studies. I just came to it and seams like I missed the gold intelligence of the forum for all of this time, your work is very original and I find it alot interesting. I have very close 0 13' Mars inconjunct Mc natal perhaps Orb do influence on how aspect between that two play out? By the way great work and I find your posts very productive and enjoyable for study.
What you give out , you get back in return . So be sure you give a lot .
Mersenne

Post by Mersenne »

Hello MalizenX,

I've included neither semisextile nor inconjunct in my analysis, but let's see how it works for you. Is yours a dexter or sinister inconjunct?

JW
See on this Forum:
Mersenne’s Microcosm
MalizenX

Post by MalizenX »

It's sinister. And its kind part of the pattern -Mars 25 pisces Inconjunct Mc 25 Libra, Mars sextile Neptune on 27 cappricon and so Neptune square Mc - , you can see that it forms some triangle if you draw it. So I add Neptune here if make significant. What about Quintiles and Septiles you thought about add them?
Mersenne

Post by Mersenne »

I make that +9.19% above the average, but bear in mind, this is not useful until stats for all positions/aspects are available. On the strength of this, dear MalizenX, I will include 30 and 330 degree Semisextiles in the analysis.

Septile, Quintile and multiples of these will be included in the final publication, but I'm reluctant to unload too much in advance- I still have an orb issue to consider!
See on this Forum:
Mersenne’s Microcosm
MalizenX

Post by MalizenX »

Thank you Mersenne for your analysis , I actually find it sometimes difficult to keep on working on my goals unless I get some motivation, and I get motivation when I fall, seams like I can't be motivated for long term if I do not "see clearly" my pitch of achievement. So I fall down with time and do not improve myself into public self image (Mc) when I do not see(Neptune) my pitch for fight (Mars) . Considering that neptune comes from 1st house and that Mars is ruled by Neptune in 3rd house seams like my own self relflection is the cause of that condition. So I try to set up a lot of challenges to my self in order to be motivated, therefore I have a lot more major indicators for that, but this one is very important cause I still try to find way out how to reflect my creativity and will into public image Mc. And I really have a lot creative ideas (Mars sextile Neptune) but semas like I always missing the clue how to project them out in public. Thank you for reading this, I will leave my details if you want analyse more about Mars inconjunct Mc. Much gratitude !
MalizenX

Post by MalizenX »

19.03.1996 , 01:25 Am. , Belgrade, Serbia(Yugoslavia)