Dream work - working with your archetypes - Imhotep

Noel Eastwood is a psychotherapist and astrologer.

Moderator: Noel Eastwood

Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Dream work - working with your archetypes - Imhotep

Post by Noel Eastwood »

This is a thread for dream workers and anyone interested in working in trance with your archetypes.

A funny thing happened to me a few nights ago in my dream. I was interested to see if I had any connections with Imhotep, the 3000 BC Egyptian priest. So I programmed my unconscious to 'dream' him, and it worked. Some time during the early hours of the morning I saw him going from room to room in my home. He didn't enter any of the bedrooms though, he just stuck his head in to look.

I wasn't frightened, I felt very comfortable just watching him. But he did look funny, he was half human and half mummy. A very curious mummy. As he was also an engineer he was probably interested in how a modern house was built. I am sure he saw me watching with my mind's eye, I didn't try to contact him, I just observed.

I hope to encourage him to visit again, but it does need a lot of meditation and programming to be able to do this. I will post more here when I see him again.
Dolores

Re: Dream work - working with your archetypes - Imhotep

Post by Dolores »

Wow!
It would have frightened me to death!

You mean to say..... you actually invited his.. soul to visit you?
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

lol, yes and it doesn't hurt if you know what you are doing. I have spoken to ghosts and astral traveled for over 35 years. There isn't much scary out there if you do things sensibly and properly. Experience certainly helps.

I don't recommend anyone invite negative elements into their psyche though. This guy wasn't bad or evil. Imhotep was primarily an architect/builder and inventor. He was a leader of men and a very useful servant to his community.

Most importantly for me, he was an adept of his form of worship which was much more simple than anything we do today. He is still around at many levels and no doubt has reincarnated many times since 3000 BC.

I invited him to contact me not necessarily to come and visit the way he did, that was totally unexpected. He wasn't dangerous or harmful just curious.
MalizenX

Post by MalizenX »

Damn , is that all in your mind or its really possible to do astral thing ? I believe that all that we experience is within our mind , it would be some kind of third eye open thing to imagine all of that and put in real picture . I know that human mind , as we have childhood fears . How you can be sure that you will experience good energy with this , you can experience your fear in that place , so that can be good or bad depending on how determined you are . For instance if you aren't determined your fears or negative thoughts will take place . This is not easy technique for sure , you can't control circumstances and beliefs in your mind before they manifest , but when they do you can control it if you are willing to choose how its gonna be .
What you give out , you get back in return . So be sure you give a lot .
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Mal, your post made me smile, yes people do leave their body sometimes and weird things do happen. This was possible for me because of the qualities I was born with, a very dominating 8th House with Sun, Mars, Pluto conjunct and Moon and Mercury there as well; plus having Chiron conjunct my Ascendant; Uranus conjunct my Descendant and Neptune conjunct my MidHeaven.

Anyone with a loaded chart particularly conjunctions of the outer planets to the Sun, Moon, Asc and MC can indicate a leaning towards the occult. Oh yeah, dominating 8th and 12th Houses will help too. But it can lie dormant unless they learn to use it. It's like being given a magical tool but no manual, you have to go and learn how to use it before it will do things for you otherwise you just hurt yourself and others.

I spent years and years studying and practicing tai chi and meditation. I've spent years in meditation learning to breathe and move my life force through my body. Most people would say that this is rubbish or impossible, those people have simply never bothered to try.

So yes, it is possible to do what I do, but it wasn't easy and it didn't happen overnight.

Lol, why do you think I always suggest people learn to meditate?
Dallora

Post by Dallora »

Noel Eastwood, I just registered in the forum and am currently browsing it. I see that you are a moderator and author of many materials here. This tells me you know what you are doing. I had such experiences all my life and it didn't matter whether I wanted them or not, they happened anyways.
So I have a few questions for you. Why are you inviting a someone/something in your dreams without having an actual purpose for it? You didn't want to ask him anything, you didn't seek guidance, you just stared at him. Do you consider all this a game or a way to prove something to yourself?
The first times such things happened to me - feelings, dreams and deceased people paying me a little "visit" I was freaking out but over time I found out that this happened in order to provide me with some information, warning, help. But in your case, why willingly open a door to yourself and invite some spiritual creature? I really don't get it.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Daloora, firstly, this is not the forum to judge people, put them down or criticise them. If this is an honest question then I will answer it honesty.

I have been involved with spiritualism all of my life, so I know a bit about what I am doing. I have met beings, aliens, archetypes, inner selves, dead people and my past lives. Contacting entities on the other side is nothing new nor frightening, they have no malice and I never have negative experiences from the work I do.

This particular contact was after a conversation with a fellow practitioner, this person seemed to think I had some connection with the polymath, Imhotep. Imhotep is not a scary monster, nor was he evil in any way, that all comes from Hollywood, not real life. He was an architect, a religious leader, inventor and a very gifted man that helped raise his community to be the leading kingdom in the ancient world. He is believed to be the architect who built the first stepped pyramid in Egypt.

His name means "the one who comes in peace". He was also the chancellor to the pharaoh, a wise and compassionate man who lived around 3,000 years ago.

So I invited him to come and visit and I have described what happened.
Dallora

Post by Dallora »

I did not mean to offend, I apologize. My interest is in understanding why, not moralizing.
So it seems you do this type of contacts more as a scientific experiment, exploring? That's what I was wondering.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Dallora, I'm glad you cleared that up for me, thanks. OK, let's move forward.

Yes, I meditate all the time and like to expand on what I do and experience. When my friend mentioned Imhotep I did my research first, I wanted to know more about what she was talking about. I was satisfied that Imhotep had a reasonably sound background in the historical records. He did exist and he did work hard at trying to improve his community. Inviting an entity into my house is not something I do all the time, if it were something my research suggested was not very nice, then I wouldn't do it.

But sometimes I can't help going where angels fear to tread - I once helped a lady who's rental property was haunted, she and her children were being terrorised by something nasty in there. I meditated and found the house had been used as a coven by some very nasty people in the past. They were still there in spirit. I went into the room where particularly frightening things happened and I saw these people/entities partying and doing nasty things. The entities noticed and kicked me out. I tried half a dozen times to stay there longer than a minute but the noticed each time. During the last meditation one of them pinched me on the little finger - it hurt too. That was when I decided I'd done enough, they weren't shifting for me or for anyone. The family moved out a few days later.

Most of my meditation forms are taught to me in my dreams, I wake up with answers and particular methods of meditation. I practice these methods and interesting things happen. It's important to note that all this didn't just happen miraculously, it is the result of 35 years hard work.
Leolitsa

Post by Leolitsa »

Dear Eastwood
Strange thing your thread caught my eye especially these days.. I say that because Ive had a strange dream three nights ago. Actually Ive lost my father 2 years ago.. Some days ago was his birthday. That night before sleeping i was feeling emotional so I thought of my father intensely and i tried to call him out. I wanted to see him so badly that actually that night I dreamt of him. I am anxious these days but my father was calm in my dream. He seemed like he kind of looking at me proudly. He was proud of my behavior my appearance. We were in our other home.. My Mother was also in my dream and we had vacations. Usually when i am very anxious my father comes in my dream and he is calm like he comforts me that everything is OK. But is all that in my imagination? Is my mind so strong that my unconscious sends Just a signal to tell me that everything is OK through the image of my father? Or all this is indeed my father visiting me at sleep? I believe in ghosts. I have communicated with my dad in the past through Dreams but i dont think that all of my Dreams about my dad was his "visit". How can i distinguish what is a actual visitation of a dead person and what is not?
Best regards,
Michelle