Transiting Pluto and plastic surgery?

Electional astrology is utilized in choosing the most appropriate time to begin something. The intent is to achieve a successful outcome, and the rules applied are very specifically set toward that end.
An Horary chart is used to answer a question about a particular matter or issue and is set up for the time the question comes to mind or is asked.
Liege

Transiting Pluto and plastic surgery?

Post by Liege »

I´ve read that transiting Pluto frequently brings the desire to improve our look. I´ve been wanting to undergo plastic surgery (eyelids) since long, and now I think it is really necessary coz the fallen eyelids are making me look tired and much older than I am, but transiting Pluto is right over my descendant, opposing my moon at ascendant and squaring my venus at 3th. It does not seems a good moment, but I dont want to wait years till this aspect is gone... What you think, any chance that this surgery reach a good outcome? Maybe if I take extra care with the faster planets transits?
I´ll apreciate any advice... TXS.
Attachments
transitis.png
transitis.png (82.66 KiB) Viewed 3310 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Transiting Pluto and plastic surgery?

Post by admin »

Hi Liege,

This whole matter of ‘Electional Astrology’ (choosing a date and time to begin a particular activity or venture) is very very difficult, especially for surgery as, for one thing, it’s not possible to choose a date/time, for obvious reasons.

Generally, and as you have noted, transiting Pluto close to opposition with your Moon/Asc. and square your Venus describes the impulse you have felt to take this action.

I do feel that Pluto sq. your Venus is not the best aspect to undertake this kind of surgery and so I think that it’s better to wait at least until that transit has passed. Also, I’d be inclined to wait until transiting retrograde Uranus has turned direct and gone past it’s quincunx (inconjunct 150 deg. aspect) to your Mercury in Virgo (health matters), as that would increase nervousness and can also signify unexpected events and outcomes. Uranus will be clear of that aspect late March/April, at which time, transiting Pluto will be exactly conj. your Desc. opposite your Asc.

As you know it’s really hard to find all of the ‘right’ aspects at the same time, and certainly too the transit of Mars is important as Mars ‘rules’ surgery/cutting implements.

I think that you should at least look for such as transiting Jupiter trine your Asc. not least of all because Jupiter rules your 6th House (health/medical matters). It’s first trine will occur late Jan./early Feb. 2018 (tho’ Uranus will be in that quincunx to your Mercury, and Mars will be square your Virgo planets).

It will be retrograde on its 2nd pass/trine Asc./sext. transiting Pluto conj. Desc. in late March/early April, though I don’t feel that the fact that it’s retrograde should be a particular problem. At that time too, transiting Saturn in your 6th will be in trine to your natal Pluto (I would suggest the last week in March/first few days of April would be best if you should choose that period as Saturn turns retrograde mid-April and this might signify a longer period of recovery).

Note: If you wait for Jupiter’s 3rd pass in late Sept. (after it’s turned direct again), transiting Pluto will have retrograded back to the square with your Venus.

I hope this isn’t too confusing but it does look like the better aspects for this occur in late March or very early April. I would also add that certainly this area of astrology is not my specific area of expertise or focus so I can only make suggestions, I surely can't guarantee outcomes.

I do hope this helps and do let me know how you feel about this and also if you have any other questions about this and I’ll do my best to assist.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Liege

Re: Transiting Pluto and plastic surgery?

Post by Liege »

Thank you very much! I was not aware of the uranus/mercury thing. I think I will try the late march window, since I dont want to wait too long... I asked a horary on the subject and it broght a good reply, so maybe everything will be fine...