Can a romance begun during the waning moon last?

Electional astrology is utilized in choosing the most appropriate time to begin something. The intent is to achieve a successful outcome, and the rules applied are very specifically set toward that end.
An Horary chart is used to answer a question about a particular matter or issue and is set up for the time the question comes to mind or is asked.
Lia19

Can a romance begun during the waning moon last?

Post by Lia19 »

Hello all, I have an electional astrology question re: using the moon for beginnings.

My question is: do relationships, particularly romances, ever become long-lasting or lead to marriage if the people meet under a waning moon?

I ask this because I'm entering my "marriage year" as my Progressed Sun moves to conjunct my Natal Venus. But I'm also very busy writing my book and I am an HSP (highly sensitive person) so I prefer not to spend my limited time and energy going out to meet people during the 2 weeks that the moon is waning, because I know that the theory is that a relationship begun during a waning moon won't last anyway, so why bother?

But since I'm entering my prime "marriage year" astrologically, I just want to be sure that people's experiences actually match the theory. Both of my serious, long-lasting relationships (1 year) were begun during waxing moons, so my experience certainly matches the "relationships only grow during the waxing moon" theory.

But can anyone else tell me if they had a different experience? Have you or someone you know had a serious long-lasting romance, or a romance that led to marriage, with someone they met during a waning moon? I'm wondering if beginning something during the waning moon could sometimes encourage an endeavor, like a romance, to simply progress more quickly to the next stage (like marriage) rather than just never "growing" into something significant.

Any replies are appreciated, thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Can a romance begun during the waning moon last?

Post by admin »

Hi Lia, and welcome.

Interesting point ! I have to admit that I haven’t worked with this with regard to relationships and electional astrology, mostly because few have given the exact time of meeting another person, which is of course needed to set up such a chart.

It would make sense that a Waning Moon at the very start of such a meeting could indicate that it won’t last, but perhaps that would be more relevant to a ‘casual’ relationship. Also, I believe that in Horary or Electional astrology, the ‘won’t last’ matter would be more relevant to a Moon in the last or first degree of a Sign.

Furthermore, I feel it would depend upon the power of inter-aspects between the charts of the people involved as to whether a relationship will endure, as well as current aspects to each chart.

Nevertheless, as I said, this Waning Moon matter is worth investigating further, and perhaps others here will add their thoughts.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Lia19

Re: Can a romance begun during the waning moon last?

Post by Lia19 »

admin wrote:Hi Lia, and welcome.

Also, I believe that in Horary or Electional astrology, the ‘won’t last’ matter would be more relevant to a Moon in the last or first degree of a Sign.
Thank you for the reply @Admin! Please let me know if you do end up coming across a definitive answer re: the waxing/waning moon...I've tried my luck researching but only keep finding the same old "endeavors grow best begun under the waxing moon and diminish when begun during the waning moon" thing.