New Medical Astrology

For those who wish to pursue new theories based on the Old Wisdom and who wish to look more deeply into our vastly changing world from a different perspective.

Moderators: Noel Eastwood, James Strom

James Strom

New Medical Astrology

Post by James Strom »

How about this for some correspondences? I figured the traditional tables needed some updating with the discovery of new bodily systems, glands and senses.

Medical Astrology

Sign Body part System

Ari Head, face, brain Sensory
Tau Neck, throat Endocrine
Gem Shoulders, arms, hands Nervous
Cnc Breasts, lungs Respiratory
Leo Chest, heart Muscle
Vir Stomach, intestines, spleen Digestive
Lib Buttocks, skin, kidneys Integumentary
Sco Loins, Bowels Reproductive
Sgr Thighs, liver Excretory
Cap Knees, joints Skeletal
Aqr Calves, ankles Circulatory
Psc Feet, toes Lymphatic

Planet Sense Gland

Sol Vision Testis
Lun Hearing Ovary
Mer Touch Thyroid
Ven Pressure Thymus
Mar Smell Adrenal
Ves Salt Hypothalamus
Cer Bitter Hypothalamus
Pal Sour Hypothalamus
Jun Sweet Hypothalamus
Jup Heat Anterior pituitary
Sat Cold Posterior pituitary
Ura Motion Parathyroid
Nep Equilibrium Pineal
Plu Pain Pancreas
James Strom

Re: New Medical Astrology

Post by James Strom »

By the Admin:

Hmmm...well, I would disagree with some of the correspondences, eg.
Cancer: ‘lungs’ (would say that these belong to Gemini, as does the Respiratory system);
Virgo: ‘Stomach’ (which I feel belongs to Cancer), and ‘Intestines’ would be the Small Intestine – ie. not including Large Intestine – which I feel belongs to Scorpio.
Libra: ‘Buttocks’ (I would give to Scorpio). (Had to look up ‘Integumentary’ – Agree! Grin.)
Sag: ‘Execretory’ (I would give to Scorpio).

Planet:
Sun Gland: ‘Testis’... (Would think Scorpio).
Lunar: ‘Hearing’ – (Would think Gemini as this has to do with middle and inner ear, and the way in which we ‘listen’ and thence are able to communicate what we have ‘heard’; Ovaries are almost certainly ‘Venus’ ?, whilst Moon is surely the womb ?).

Have never thought of the asteroids in this respect, and actually the way in which you have assigned Salt/Bitter/Sour/Sweet is very interesting from an acupunctural point of view. (Digs out notes from yonks ago with much excitement !).

Anyway James, of course just because I may disagree about some points, doesn’t at all mean that you aren’t correct in your view !!! But inevitably I have to ask ‘why’ you have assigned such matters ? (Big Grin as knows you surely aren’t going to have time to do so...or maybe, you will ?). I do feel that it’s ‘time’ that such matters should be queried – as you said: “I figured the traditional tables needed some updating with the discovery of new bodily systems, glands and senses”.
James Strom

Post by James Strom »

I went more for the position when coming up with the correspondences for body parts. So even though the lungs come in a pair and deal with air they are in the wrong spot for Gemini. In addition, Gemini already has a system, the nervous one. This is probably because the importance of the nervous system to the hands. Many people may not realize it but we respirate through water, not air. We're actually breathing highly oxygenated water.
I put the stomach with Virgo for positional reasons. Just look at the chart. By intestines I mean the small intestines. The large intestines are called 'bowels' here and are in Scorpio.
The buttocks just seem to be the upper part of the thighs.

Planet:
Sun Gland: ‘Testis’... (Would think Scorpio).
Lunar: ‘Hearing’ – (Would think Gemini

The chart is for planets, not signs.
The testis and ovaries are surely very male and female. There are only two planets that only have a feminine or masculine sign; the Sun and the Moon. When we think of Venus many of us only think of the feminine version but she comes in a masculine one as well. I call that planet Vulcan, the husband of Venus. The actual planet Venus is, in fact, extremely volcanic.
James Strom

Post by James Strom »

From the admin:

Apologies re Planet matters. (Am rushing all the time to respond as fast as possible, as computer is ‘acting up’ endlessly, and now a storm coming so big dawg has leapt up on my chair as I attempt to write).

I meant ‘Pluto’ re Sun/Testis, and ‘Mercury’ re 'Lunar/Hearing’.

The image you had sent hadn’t arrived until I re-clicked it a few times. Am familiar with it.

Had not thought before of our ‘respirating through water’. Clearly relevant.

(Sorry but have to go ...dawg is in panic-mode).
James Strom

Post by James Strom »

I thought only cats leapt on the lap while we're attempting to to something. What do I know?

I meant ‘Pluto’ re Sun/Testis, and ‘Mercury’ re 'Lunar/Hearing’.

Pluto in Scorpio is feminine. Not quite appropriate for a male gland.
Vision and hearing are the two 'big' senses. It would only seem right that the two primary planets would be in charge of them. I placed hearing with the Moon and vision with the Sun because men tend to be more visually oriented while women are more verbal (haven't you ever noticed that men never listen?).

Have you ever seen the movie "The Abyss"? A character breathes oxygenated water in a special suit so he won't have to worry about being crushed by the pressure of the very deep ocean.
James Strom

Post by James Strom »

From the admin:

Darn it, I did it again! Meant ‘Mars’ (as co-ruler of Scorp) for ‘testis’.

I do like the way you are headed with regard to this particular view, and as I said before, just because I ‘feel’ differently about this, surely doesn’t mean that my view is correct. Clearly I’m viewing it from the ‘traditional’ basis rather than, as you said, ‘a new look’ at such.

I like the correspondences you’ve given of Moon and Sun (senses) – now you’ve explained why you’ve chosen such. (Please do bear in mind that I’m rather slow on the uptake and do need assistance with regard to the bases of such. Grin and Sigh). Oh yes, you are soooo right re “men never listen”. Crying face Well, apologies for agreeing with you on that one. Winking smile Tis a ‘classic’?

Re: “The Abyss”. Yes, have watched it a number of times and thanks for the reminder about the oxygenated water. Actually, there was something similar in “Mission to Mars”. (Not my ‘favourite’ Director by any means: Brian De Palma. A bit ‘arty-farty’ for my taste - which is irrelevant to the issue).
DonnaBahama

Post by DonnaBahama »

I think you assigning the sense of SMELL to MARS is, as they say in Britain, Bang On! And it's so obvious in the animal world. Thank you, folks for well thought out texts.
DonnaBahama...(-: