Theory of astrology - how does it work?

For those who wish to pursue new theories based on the Old Wisdom and who wish to look more deeply into our vastly changing world from a different perspective.

Moderators: Noel Eastwood, James Strom

Rapsody3

Theory of astrology - how does it work?

Post by Rapsody3 »

When the skeptics attack astrology, they often complain that there is no mechanism to explain how astrology is supposed to work. Such a mechanism, which could be acceptable by science, is presented here:

http://astrologynewsservice.com/article ... astrology/

However there are also non-scientific or metaphysical explanations, which are interesting. First of all there is a mechanism explained by celebrated astronomer and astrologer Tycho Brahe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tycho_Brahe). He said: "Man is not what he is, because he was born at a specific time and on a specific place. Instead he was born on a specific place and at a specific time, because he already was, what he is." What Tycho Brahe really says here, is that a human being exists before he or she is born as an angels in the sky, and this angel chooses to incarnate in the flesh with a horoscope that mathches its character.

This theory is further evolved in the books written by Michael Newton (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destiny_of_Souls). Michael Newton (and his followers) hypntise their clients not only to remember their previous incarnations, but also to remember their existence between lives. According to his books there is a union between the spirit (= the angel) and the body (= the flesh), when an incarnation happens. The angel has its character, and the body has its character. The difference between the spirit and the flesh is that while the flesh shall perish one day, the spirit is eternal.

In the book "The Jesus Mysteries" (http://www.amazon.com/The-Jesus-Mysteri ... 0609807986) the idea of a dualty between body and sould is also presented. According to this book, body and soul are like twins or siblings. And it is a sad moment, when they separate, i.e. when the body dies. If you have tried to be hypnotized to remember a past life, you will probably have experienced that it was very emotional - normally I never cry, but I sure did when I relived a past life for the first time.

I shall explain what this idea has to do with astrology in my next comment.
(To be continued.)
Rapsody3

Re: Theory of astrology - how does it work?

Post by Rapsody3 »

So, we have a physical body and a spiritual body - or maybe many more bodies? According to this website, we have 7 different bodies:

http://thee-lifeanddeath.blogspot.dk/20 ... -body.html
subtle-body.gif
subtle-body.gif (30.81 KiB) Viewed 8841 times
I don't know much about the subject, but according to one of my Danish books about healing, astrological influences affect one of the temporal or transitional "etherical" bodies, before it affects the physical body. Jessica Murray stresses in an article (http://astrologynewsservice.com/article ... y-session/) that astrology works in a symbolic language rather than in a concrete way. Somehow it makes sense to me that Carl Gustaf Jung's archetypes, which are kind of clean cut symbols, affects an intermediate etherical body, before they manifest themselves as e.g. a disease or a fatality.

I would very much like to hear other people's opinions on this matter.
Last edited by Rapsody3 on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rapsody3

Post by Rapsody3 »

Can it be proven that (at least one of) the etherical bodies exist? I believe yes. I went to a session, where we were taught to see aura by a trained medium. A person was placed against a white wall, while the rest of us looked - not directly at the person - but at a point above and to the right of the person. After a while we were all able to see a kind of greenish corona around the person. But wasn't that an optical illusion? No, because then our teacher asked the person sitting by the wall to pray to God. We all saw how the corona flamed up like a halo over the person's head - it was very impressive. I believe this exercise can be carried out anywhere and by anybody at any time, which means that it fulfuls scientific requirements.
hentopan

Post by hentopan »

It's curious that modern science should be, at least in theory, based on experience.
If astrology doesn't fit the level of control intended to be considered a modern "science" (technique), what is still disputable, at least it's non-sense to not believe in it once it's totally based on experience - what "modern science" claims as it's own basis.
Astrorushi

Post by Astrorushi »

Astrology is the study of distant cosmic objects that is usually stars and planets that have on human life. The position of the sun,stars,moon and planets at the time of people birth is said the persons astrology like their career,relationship and their personality.This is how they are predicating and it is working.
MichaelEister

Post by MichaelEister »

Great Information. Thanks for sharing.
Haumea

Post by Haumea »

You don't need a metaphysical explanation why astrology works.

The fractal shape of our galaxy is a scientific fact.

Astrology works because of self-similarity which is a property of fractals.

In this sense planets are merely high-order signposts of this hidden order of spacetime.