A New Great Year

For those who wish to pursue new theories based on the Old Wisdom and who wish to look more deeply into our vastly changing world from a different perspective.

Moderators: Noel Eastwood, James Strom

James Strom

A New Great Year

Post by James Strom »

What if there were more than one kind of Great Year? Besides the precession of the equinoxes there is also the precession of perihelion, that is, the point at which the Sun is closest to the Earth. As it currently stands, contrary to intuition, the Sun is closest to us shortly after the winter solstice. This changes slightly from year to year until the Sun is at its furthest point during the beginning of winter. Eventually it comes full circle. Some have calculated the length of this cycle to be about 21,600 years.
Putting this in the same terms as the Great Year would give us a Great Day of 60 years; 360 of those to the Year. To avoid confusion I will refer to them from now on as Perihelionic (close to the Sun) Years, Months, and Days.
Some interesting things result from this. A Year of the Deva, 360 years, becomes equal to 6 Perihelionic Days. There would be 5 Years of the Deva per Perihelionic Month and 60 to the Year.
Coincidentally, or perhaps not, there would be exactly 6 Perihelionic Years for every 5 Great Years. Thus the Perihelionic Year has a duration equal to 10 Astrological Ages. The Perihelionic Year can also be divided into 8 parts of decreasing and increasing length similar to a Yuga. For example:

4,320 years Golden Age
3,240 years Silver Age
2,160 years Bronze Age
1,080 years Iron Age
1,080 years Iron Age
2,160 years Bronze Age
3,240 years Silver Age
4,320 years Golden Age

A Maha Yuga lasts for 4,320,000 years. This would be exactly equal to 200 Perihelionic Years. A charanas can be either 20 or 1/20th of a Perihelionic Year.
Is there any significance to the cycle of 5 Great Years of equal duration to 6 Perihelionic Years? Maybe so. As I have pointed out in a previous post at viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1241 there is a pattern to the geological times in our past. The most recent ages seem to come in multiples of 5 Great Years:

The first number is the time ago in Great Years; the second its duration in the same.

5 5 Tarantian Age

30 25 Ionian Age

70 40 Calabrian Age

100 30 Gelasian Age

One problem I have is the term Perihelionic Year. It seems awkward. Can anyone offer some suggestions for a better name?
admin
Site Admin

Re: A New Great Year

Post by admin »

Have thought about it a lot but, nothing has come to mind so far. The word 'perihelionic' expresses the matter precisely.

I wish very much that others may proffer suggestions ?

The work you have put into this matter here is so much appreciated !

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
James Strom

Post by James Strom »

It may be precise but it sounds way too scientific. Not too mention it twists my tongue into knots.
A pair of heels is on. A perihelion. Say it three times quickly.
Opal

Post by Opal »

In my reading, I believe that there is a Great Year beyond as well. The 25,920 years allotted to a full set of the ages is not enough for the study of the ages. It is not long enough for a study of the Ages. Each set of 25,920 (A Great Year) would each also have to have a representative of the Zodiac.

Here are the numbers of Precession and an interesting site.

5 - 6 - 12 - 30 - 72 -360 - 2,160 - 25,920

http://www.graveworm.com/occult/precess/

So it has been coined as a perihelion. It is the first time I have heard that word.

I have been reading two books recently, I am not done either, but, I am totally immersed in them both for differing reasons.

The first and the most fascinating to me is Thomas H Burgoyne's The Light of Egypt volume 1 & 2.

The second is The Gnostic Circle written by Patricia Norelli-Bachelet.

Burgoyne's Chapter 5 feeds my obsession with the Key of Mysteries. He refers to it as La Clef Hermetique. What I find amazing about the Key of Mysteries are its similarities to Stonehenge. If you were to go to Google Maps or Earth to Stonehenge, you will notice that off to the Northeast is what could be seen as the shaft of the key.

http://cartedatrionfi.tripod.com/RotaTaro.html

On this site you can see my favorite version of the Key of Mysteries, it is the one with the number 10 on the outside of the circle. The number 10 is beside the sign of Man/Aquarius, Eagle/Scorpio, Lion/Leo and the Bull/Taurus.

What I see when I look at them together is a probable means of determining the Ages. When you look at the bits of the Key and the end of the shaft, you see the representatives of all of the signs of the zodiac. I believe that when we look at Stonehenge we are missing part of the show by not observing what is going on at the bits of the Key.

Norelli-Bachelet has considered what you call perihelion, I have not noticed that she uses that word yet, it does not mean that she doesn't, I just haven't noticed it. She has a diagram of 12 sets of the full ages.

Both Burgoyne and N.B. are educated in the Yugas.

Does this strike any interest in anyone here? I would like to discuss it further with like minded people. I will type more, if it is of interest to anyone.

Have a nice day! Opal