The Astrological Thesaurus

Do not feed the ego.

Moderator: Mersenne

Mersenne

The Astrological Thesaurus

Post by Mersenne »

For the Attention of the Forum,

Attached is an attempt to attribute topic-specific vocabularies to each of the Signs (and hence to the sign rulers and the associated houses). It is hoped that this will be of assistance in interpretation (especially with respect to Mundane astrology) and to poetic works (such as the Astroepithet).

I and Admin agree that only Forum members should be permitted to use the document. While any member may use the Thesaurus freely, should you quote from the Thesaurus in any published work, please add the following reference;

"Mersenne the Astrologer" (2013), The Astrological Thesaurus. Available at the Astrologers' Forum, [please add a link and give the last date of access].

The Thesaurus is the result of considerable effort, but no attribution therein should be taken as final, nor as overuling the individual astrologer's intuition. Amendments and additions are welcome and should be posted as replies in this topic thread.

Kindest regards,

Mersenne.
Attachments
Astrological Thesaurus Mersenne.pdf
(150.58 KiB) Downloaded 846 times
See on this Forum:
Mersenne’s Astrological Statistics & Datasets
Mersenne’s Microcosm
Mersenne’s Transneptunians
admin
Site Admin

Re: The Astrological Thesaurus

Post by admin »

I think that this is an exceptional work and I hope that those who take the time to read it through will use it well.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Mersenne

Post by Mersenne »

As a supplement to the original Thesaurus, the attached is an equally speculative list of verbs.
Attachments
verbs AMENDED.pdf
(82.44 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
See on this Forum:
Mersenne’s Astrological Statistics & Datasets
Mersenne’s Microcosm
Mersenne’s Transneptunians
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I’m grappling with the quincunx (verbs)...’exploits’ ...oh, ok ‘can be exploited’ but we’re looking at verbs per se so of course that is it.

So then 51.4 (septile, and then bi-septile and tri-septile), and...’charmed by’ ? Need to ask how you arrived at this. (Of course, not relevant to ‘verbs’ per se...but, needed to ask).

I apologise for focusing on one only at this time: the 150 deg. I am intrigued by the verbal descriptions in/of/about each area and each aspect.

I recommend that it should be read, carefully. It isn’t often that such can be read freely.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]