The Astroepithet or Star Poem

Do not feed the ego.

Moderator: Mersenne

Mersenne

The Astroepithet or Star Poem

Post by Mersenne »

For the attention of the Forum.

Those reading the Astrology and Poetry thread will know that successful poetry is very dependent on astrological imagery.

Is it possible to express the horoscope as a poem? The result would be an individual's astroepithet or Star Poem, a symbolic representation of the individual in poetic language.

With the assistance and encouragement of Admin, I have experimented with the idea, and the result is the attached document. It gives a working procedure for teasing out a "translation" of the horoscope into a few prose sentences, and an example of how these can guide the composition of a poem. I encourage all forum members to experiment with their own charts and those of their friends.

I and Admin agree that only Forum members should be permitted to view and use the document. While any member may use the techniques freely, should you quote from the attached document or employ its nomencalature in any published work, please add the following reference;

"Mersenne the Astrologer" (2012), The Astroepithet or Star Poem. Available at the Astrologers' Forum, [please add a link and give the last date of access].

If we astrologers can make it known that any natural language, English included, is indissoluably linked with the structure and symbology of astrology, is indeed an alternate expression of the astrological model of the universe, then our subject will once again have a claim to study at the universities.

With kindest regards,

Mersenne.
Attachments
Astroepithet or Star Name by Mersenne the Astrologer.pdf
(325.25 KiB) Downloaded 507 times
See on this Forum:
Mersenne’s Astrological Statistics & Datasets
Mersenne’s Microcosm
Mersenne’s Transneptunians