Prayer - Angel Tarot Celtic Cross

For those who require Tarot readings or information on this subject.

Moderator: 1nluv

Lilith78

Prayer - Angel Tarot Celtic Cross

Post by Lilith78 »

Hello Everyone,

I recently tried to post this image on 1nLuv's thread and failed to upload it. Now, thanks to him and TinyPng, the entire image is small enough to post it. Furthermore, I am taking his suggestion to post all this in its own thread. Lastly, I hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes by combining Tarot with Prayer.

Please take a look at the reading and let me hear your interpretation of it. Hopefully, we both will learn a valuable and ongoing lesson about several seemingly different yet similar topics: angels, angel tarot cards, prayer, tarot cards, and the Celtic cross.
Attachments
Prayer - Celtic Cross.jpg
Prayer - Celtic Cross.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 2331 times
random name

Re: Prayer - Angel Tarot Celtic Cross

Post by random name »

I just want to say that I do not believe that someone else can read your spread. One reader can't/shouldn't read a spread the other reader pulled out.
Simply because cards are alive and each time they do speak to the reader. To me they may say a completely different story then they will say to you. They also have their own moods and each card will tell a different story depending on time, questions, mood of the querent... If the querent asks me the same question and asks you exactly the same question, we both may pick up on a completely different things about the matter. Also in the moment the spread is opened, reader can receive messages that are totally out of the card's description simply because at that moment cards decided to share that information. For example, I was doing a reading on a guy and got 3 of swords. What would anyone say it is about heartbreak, pain etc... But no, I got that the image is telling me the guy has 3 spirits coming from the past and later the guy confirmed that himself. At that moment his story did not contained any brake-ups, emotional pains etc, but cards decided it is important to know about his spirits. If anyone else looked at the spread after me they would simply decide he is going through some turbulent time.
Also images on the card can say a lot. What 2 of Earth would say in Rider-Waite deck, it won't say in your deck. And vice-versa.
Not trying to act smart here, but rather to encourage you to trust in your own reading abilities and interpretations more.
1nluv

Post by 1nluv »

random name wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:49 am I just want to say that I do not believe that someone else can read your spread. One reader can't/shouldn't read a spread the other reader pulled out.
Simply because cards are alive and each time they do speak to the reader. To me they may say a completely different story then they will say to you. They also have their own moods and each card will tell a different story depending on time, questions, mood of the querent... If the querent asks me the same question and asks you exactly the same question, we both may pick up on a completely different things about the matter. Also in the moment the spread is opened, reader can receive messages that are totally out of the card's description simply because at that moment cards decided to share that information. For example, I was doing a reading on a guy and got 3 of swords. What would anyone say it is about heartbreak, pain etc... But no, I got that the image is telling me the guy has 3 spirits coming from the past and later the guy confirmed that himself. At that moment his story did not contained any brake-ups, emotional pains etc, but cards decided it is important to know about his spirits. If anyone else looked at the spread after me they would simply decide he is going through some turbulent time.
Also images on the card can say a lot. What 2 of Earth would say in Rider-Waite deck, it won't say in your deck. And vice-versa.
Not trying to act smart here, but rather to encourage you to trust in your own reading abilities and interpretations more.
I think Lilith78 is looking more for a discussion and hearing other's viewpoints here than in an accurate reading of the cards. And even if it weren't the case, wrong answers are also valuable in the search for truth. Lilith78 is looking to gain a broader perspective through rhetoric and I'd like to encourage him/her to do so. Thank you for your thoughts on this as it also adds to the discussion and is another viewpoint for Lilith78 to consider.
1nluv

Post by 1nluv »

Lilith78, it would be helpful to hear what question/prayer you had in mind when laying the spread.
Lilith78

Post by Lilith78 »

On the one hand, you are right. My Angel Tarot Cards are significantly different than the Rider-Waite Deck. By extension, my cards are different than someone else's Angel Tarot Cards. It is very much open to interpretation.

On the other hand, I may miss several hidden meanings that someone else catches. This is why I desire rhetoric on the matter. Lastly, the original question was, "What attitude should I (Lilith78) take, when I pray?" To me it is implied, I pray to Heavenly Father, because for the last several years, I have prayed to Him. Now that I have even more fully opened the can of worms, I look forward to reading your responses. Private messages, replies to this comment, or any post in the thread are both welcome.
1nluv

Post by 1nluv »

Lilith78 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:53 am On the one hand, you are right. My Angel Tarot Cards are significantly different than the Rider-Waite Deck. By extension, my cards are different than someone else's Angel Tarot Cards. It is very much open to interpretation.

On the other hand, I may miss several hidden meanings that someone else catches. This is why I desire rhetoric on the matter. Lastly, the original question was, "What attitude should I (Lilith78) take, when I pray?" To me it is implied, I pray to Heavenly Father, because for the last several years, I have prayed to Him. Now that I have even more fully opened the can of worms, I look forward to reading your responses. Private messages, replies to this comment, or any post in the thread are both welcome.
Thanks- I'll be able to take a closer look this weekend.
1nluv

Post by 1nluv »

Ok, so having a look here, I'm not going to go into details about each card because the details are printed right on them. Instead let's take a look at the larger themes going on in response to your question: what attitude you should take when praying. Some of the themes I can see are:

Power/ Self-Empowerment
Balance
Eternity
Foundation/ Connection
The Unknowable
Renewal
Reward

Quite an expected set I think and to me these themes are really self-explanatory in relation to the question. Looking at this I would say your connection with the divine is strong.
Lilith78

Post by Lilith78 »

Dear 1NLuv and Everyone else,

On the one hand, I agree with 1NLuv. My connection to the divine is strong. Yet, in this spread, I did not draw 11 - Strength. Please let me ramble a little bit here by being patient that my ramblings will become a strong point. Strength is a big deal to me. Ariel (the Little Mermaid, The Angel depicted on this card, and a couple of girls with her name) are all important to me as well. This card treats Angel Ariel as an Archangel. I could be literal and say her name does not appear in the scriptures and therefore she is not an archangel. Given my screen, user, and would-be character in a book I will one day publish, my talking about literal stuff and scriptures is in many ways ironic.

You are probably wondering, "What is the strong point, Lilith78 mentioned earlier?"

My response, "Just as Ariel to me is an Angel of Strength and to others, she is an Archangel, the same is true of me." To me, the fact I think of myself as less than strong works on a very personal level. However, to some of you and apparently the cards, I am strong divinity wise.

I realize, I barely said more than I agree with 1NLuv. In the past, I tried to be the one to offer advice here on the forum by doing free tarot readings. I held back because I am quite busy holding down two jobs and trying my hand at being an author as well. To complicate things, I strongly wanted to talk about prayer, yet reluctant to talk about Heavenly Father. This is why I stopped communicating on the forums (or at least not nearly as often as I wanted to communicate). Now, I am grateful for this opportunity to communicate every once in a while. Most importantly, I think 1NLuv has done a great job of being a Tarot Moderator. In the interest of continuing this rhetoric, I wish to add in 2 more of my cents. Self-empowerment, Balance, eternity, Foundation and Connection, The Unknowable, Renewal, and Reward are all connected with how I try to pray. What I lack is how you 1NLuv saw that connection with the cards. Furthermore, I wish to be more accurate as a tarot reader, and this is a significant part of the reason I desire this rhetoric.

In a different post, paraphrased, "The Ace of Earth is the third best card for financial matters." It is reasonable to think of Aces and the Ace of Earth as a powerful reward. I can see that reference. I am more than curious to see the connection between the other cards and the themes you mentioned.
1nluv

Post by 1nluv »

Lilith78 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:53 am In the past, I tried to be the one to offer advice here on the forum by doing free tarot readings. I held back because I am quite busy holding down two jobs and trying my hand at being an author as well. To complicate things, I strongly wanted to talk about prayer, yet reluctant to talk about Heavenly Father. This is why I stopped communicating on the forums (or at least not nearly as often as I wanted to communicate). Now, I am grateful for this opportunity to communicate every once in a while.
Please know that you are welcome to post here whenever you have the time and inclination. You can even start your own tarot reading thread if you'd like to offer free readings.
Most importantly, I think 1NLuv has done a great job of being a Tarot Moderator.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm still learning the art of tarot and I'm glad to have the opportunity to help others here.
Furthermore, I wish to be more accurate as a tarot reader, and this is a significant part of the reason I desire this rhetoric.
The best thing you can do to increase your accuracy is to keep a tarot journal. Do a daily reading for yourself, and at the end of the day, write down the events that happened. This is the best way to develop a personal relationship with your cards- in other words, to understand what your own cards are trying to communicate to you personally.
In a different post, paraphrased, "The Ace of Earth is the third best card for financial matters." It is reasonable to think of Aces and the Ace of Earth as a powerful reward. I can see that reference. I am more than curious to see the connection between the other cards and the themes you mentioned.
These are the cards associated with the themes I mentioned:

Empowerment/Self Empowerment:
7 of Fire - holding your ground
Knight of Fire + 2 of Earth +The Empress - What came to mind for me here was as if the Knight of Fire was igniting a perpetual motion machine (2 of earth) resulting in a successful impregnation of life force (The Empress); and internal process, therefore empowering

Balance:
2 of Earth + the Balance card both speak of finding balance. In other words, finding your footing and maintaining equilibrium, not straying too far to one side or the other. I think you will get better at this as time goes on

Eternity:
2 of Earth - I was reminded of the infinity symbol on the Rider-Waite version of this card, synonomous with eternity
The High Priestess - An energy that is ever present and all knowing but sleeping, always with the potential to be reawakened and activated

Foundation/Connection:
2 of Earth + King of Earth + Ace of Earth - Earth cards are the most stable and solid cards. It shows that your connection with the divine is something you can feel physically. It's savory, and enjoyable. You feel like you have a solid base from which you can operate your spirituality. I'm not sure but you may even partake in some ritual prayer involving physical objects? At any rate you probably have seen evidence of your spirituality operating in your world, and this gives you confidence.
King of Air - Strength of mind

The Unknowable:
The High Priestess - She's the guardian of secrets. Her book is closed. It doesn't mean there isn't anything on the pages.
The Star - This card offers hope when we don't know where we're headed to next

Renewal
Knight of Fire + 2 of Earth +The Empress - See what I wrote under 'Empowerment' about the perpetual motion machine
Ace of Earth - New beginnings. As many as you need, I felt

Reward
Ace of Earth - It shows you're rewarded with something you can use on the physical plane