Tarot & 'The Fool's Journey through the Major Arcana'

For those who require Tarot readings or information on this subject.

Moderator: 1nluv

admin
Site Admin

Tarot & 'The Fool's Journey through the Major Arcana'

Post by admin »

Anyone interested in Tarot should download and read this free ebook by Noel Eastwood about our journey through the Major Arcana, from the 'Fool' - the start of our journey through life, to 'The World' at card 21. It's a beautiful and vivid journey and so well describes so much that we all go through. http://www.plutoscave.com

Enjoy !

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: Tarot & 'The Fool's Journey through the Major Arcana'

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Thanks for the link Admin, I think I should add some content here for those interested in tarot, its from my tarot course (that is taking forever to write).

The Fool card is like a Wild card in some card games. As an archetype of the deep unconscious it can drop in at any moment and change the course of your life. The following is a dream I had just before I woke for work a few months ago, it is very strange and very personal. I hope it helps you understand a little more about using archetypes, be they astrology or tarot, in your meditations for insight and spiritual growth.

“I join the Fool as he steps onto the dirt road, we are obviously in the country. He steps out lightly with laughter in his throat. I quickly run to catch up with him, he doesn’t even notice me behind him. We walk for miles and miles. As we pass the dry stubble of a harvested wheat field the Fool spies an old scarecrow. We climb through the barbed wire fence and walk up to the scarecrow. His clothes are old, the shirt has many holes. The Fool gently and carefully removes the shirt and places it on the ground, then he takes his own shirt off and puts it on the scarecrow. He steps back, chuckles to himself and puts on the old worn shirt, and away we go.

Evening approaches and we come across a stretch of road that runs though a heavily forested mountain. The Fool pauses then looks at me for the first time. He nods then steps through a farm fence and we walk into the forest. We come across a natural formation of trees and shrubs, it looks like a tent but made out of branches and leaves, a natural resting place. The Fool gathers some sticks and with his flint he tries to start a fire. I ask if I can do it, he smiles and hands me his flint and sits in his natural shelter and unwraps his bag.

As the fire comes to life I notice he lays his cloth on the ground and there are the 4 Elements or suits. Air is a small Dagger, a Fire Wand that looks like a chop stick, the Fool smiles as he hears me think that, a big Water Cup “large enough to cook porridge in” I think to myself. The Fool smiles again and hands me the cup filled with porridge! It tastes delicious.

There are Earth Coins, I count them, there are five. The Fool looks directly into my eyes and says, “That’s our lucky number.” “What? What do you mean?” I ask. He sends a picture of a lion into my head, Leo the lion, the 5th sign of the zodiac, I am a Leo. I smile, he smiles too and lies back on to the pile of pine needles. He nods at me as if to say, "join me."

So I too lie back on the soft needles and I enter another dream. A picture of the Ten of Cups enters my head. I notice the Fool’s mind is in my mind, he is guiding my dream. Another picture of my youngest son, well dressed and trying to be brave. Something in my heart tears and I hurt inside my chest. The Fool says, “Don’t be afraid, this is his power year, this year he must make decisions that will echo throughout his life, cycles end and cycles begin.”

Next I see the Wheel of Fortune, “If you let your expectations go the universe will flow so much easier.” Then I see my daughter and granddaughter and the High Priestess appears in my dream. She says, “Yes, she has the sight, have no expectations, let the universe do what it will, all will be fine.” The Wheel of Fortune spins again in my mind. Next I see my eldest son creating a sculpture out of clay, he is smiling. The Fool says in my dream, “The laws of life still apply even without your input, you have no control over their destiny. Be like Strength, she acts without acting, be like your Taoist wu wei, go with the flow.”

I ask, “What about my new business, how will that go?” The Fool smiles and says, “Your motives are pure, have no concerns, all is fine.”

I wake up, its dawn and I need to type this meditation before I forget it. My wife tells me to go back to bed, its too early, but the price of meditating in the early morning is that I might forget. The price of inspiration is to write it down no matter when it comes.”
Priyanka

Post by Priyanka »

Thanks for the link Admin, I think I have some interesting article also..I'ts very interesting about The Fool, The High Priestess And The Magician. http://www.izofy.com/tarot/the-fool-the ... e-magician
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

thanks for the link Priyanka :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Noel,

I'm surprised that I hadn't responded to your journey with the Fool before now (May this year? Feels like so long ago).

But as I was reading it now, I was captured and enraptured with the imagery, and was 'right there', living it, which shows what a fine writer you are. What a wonderful and marvelous adventure you allowed us all to experience with you. Thank you.

Thank you too Priyanka for that link.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Admin, I read it again myself last night, I had even forgotten that I had this dream, I am now inspired to do more work on my tarot course. Alas, I think I first need to retire so that I can devote the enormous amount of time it really needs to do it justice. But I will post more when they come along :)
Lilith78

Post by Lilith78 »

I find it very interesting how society teaches us that retreating into ourselves is retiring. Something that resonated strongly with me, was when I read about Siddhartha becoming Buddha. Here, if I lost everything due to bad decisions, I would become homeless. If I was homeless here in America, people would call me a bum. However, when he swore off all his goods, this lead Siddhartha becoming Buddha. He did not become a bum, or rather, him becoming a bum is not why anyone remembers him. So perhaps when he swore off all his worldly goods, people in India thought he was a bum, just like Americans would consider me a bum if I gave or swore off all my goods.

Swearing off your goods is not all that different than retiring. In your case, Noel, you are not exactly retiring. You are retreating into yourself, and exploring this dream. IF you made money doing this, then you are not retiring. What exactly does it mean to retire? Suppose I had worked as a programmer for Microsoft for 50 years. Then I announced my retirement. That would mean I would no longer keep my old job working for Microsoft. I may still work for them, by offering advice to new programmers. This would ease me into retirement. When I finally stopped helping Microsoft, then I would be retired. Here is why I find the word interesting, society would say I was retired the moment I stopped working for Microsoft and started collecting retirement checks. I don't find that definition accurate, because my own definition is vastly different than theirs. In my case, if I was writing books, and collecting money as a result of those books, I would not consider myself retired. The main reason is that society still benefits as much from my work as I benefit from theirs. As much as I want to go on talking about what it means to retire, I have a more important point to speak about.

Noel, I don't know what exactly you do for a living. Only you know that. Therefore, my advice as much as I would like for you to follow it, it is not my desire to strip you of your free will. I would love it if you kept telling us about your dreams, and creating books. However, this may not be the right time for you to follow this path. Only you will know what path you should take. No matter how much I may want to hear about your dreams, that is not a good enough reason for you to tell me about them.

-Lilith
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Lilith, this forum is a place for sharing and that means participating in conversation with others, preferably in a deep and meaningful way. No one here will ever force you to read their post, nor force you to post a comment in response.

Participation does not mean passing judgement on others for sharing their dreams, visions or aspirations.

We value diversity, individuality and freedom of speech without fear or favour. Most of those who join our forum have experienced what it feels like to be put down or criticised for being different and we don't want that in our online sanctuary.
applesubho

Post by applesubho »

First of all i would like to say that madam ADMIN can delete or remove my post but still i have to say something to Lilith.

Noel Eastwood possess a great knowledge and huge stock of meaningful and sweet words that only a talented writer can have. He is not just a writer who creates stories/tales for timepass. His books contains something that brings inner meaning into someone's life.
The third and most important thing is that after running his clinic, after writing so many books still he manages to give us time with his accurate predictions. So dont be jealous.. Respect..
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear applesubho,

Certainly I won't delete your post as there is absolutely nothing offensive about it whatsoever. In fact, what you say here is so very true. Noel Eastwood is an extremely valued member of this forum, and in fact in my opinion, his work on this Forum raises its purpose and meaning to a much higher level than it would be without him and his unceasing selfless hard work here.

He more than deserves your words of praise.

Thank you for posting this.

Admin.