Fixed Stars in my Natal Chart

Dating back to antiquity, there are approx. just a few 100's of the thousands of fixed stars used in astrology currently, and used according to their brightness and latitude.
Sharkman

Fixed Stars in my Natal Chart

Post by Sharkman »

I have noticed that the astrology program that I am using lists three "Fixed Stars" in my chart. I am curious to know how to interpret their potential influence in my overall natal chart. Also would also like to know how to interpret their additional influence when looking at my transit chart.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Fixed Stars in my Natal Chart

Post by admin »

Hi Sharkman,

'Fixed Stars' have many 'meanings', much of which are 'basic'.

If you really want to go into this matter, I recommend Bernadette Brady's book: 'Brady's Book of Fixed Stars', Pub: Samuel Weiser, Inc., 1998.

Warning: it isn't simple, such as is Ebertin - Hoffman's "Fixed Stars and their interpretation" - which is helpful with regard to the positions of many fixed stars, in which the interpretations are based on older texts.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Sharkman

Post by Sharkman »

admin,

Thank you for the response. I am pulling up links on-line for as much information as i can and as time permits. I just thought that it was interesting that one of the programs I am using shows them in my chart.

I am particularly interested in learning more about the Fixed Stars Regulus, Antares, Aldebaran and Fomalhut and references to Caput Mortuum (Medusa's Head) in the Perseus constellation.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Sharkman,

What have you found about those particular Fixed Stars that you were interested in ? Please do tell if you would.

Thank you.

Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Sharkman

Post by Sharkman »

Admin,

I am plotting them on my natal chart and I'll let you know what I find. I am starting with what I believe are described as the "Royal Stars" in some of the ancient cultures, Regulus (North/ Raphael), Fomalhut (South/ Gabriel), Aldebraran (East/ Michael), Antares (West/ Auriel-Oriel), the Watchers.

Because they lie close to the ecliptic I think that they may have some "maginfying" influence if their orbs lie within close proximity to my natal planets. Not sure yet what those influences may be, but it seems that they may exhibit certain influences that may similar to planets. I'm still doing a lot of reading and trying to intuit what information I'm gleaning. Trying not to over think it, more like feel the impressions of what I'm seeing and studying.

There are other "Fixed" stars that lie further away form the ecliptic in other constellations that may have less "influence" because of their proximity to my natal planets also, but I am uncertain at this point what to make of it all.

I have discovered that some astrologers use "fixed" stars in their readings of charts. I'm very interested in gaining a more clear understanding of these observations.
psychologist25

Post by psychologist25 »

Hi, I would like to ask about fixed stars too! it is alleged that the 23th degree of scorpio is influenced by fixed stars. But I am confused because I don't know if I should take into account the fixed star Agena which lies on the 23 47'' of scorpio, or the fixed star Serpens which is on the 22th? could you tell me finally if the 23 th is good or bad?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fixed stars are a study all of their own and it is easy to get caught up with them as they are fascinating. I gave up on this some time ago as the problem is that most texts still describe them as either ‘really BAD’ or ‘really GOOD’. However, I would recommend “Brady’s Book Of Fixed Stars” by Bernadette Brady, published by Samuel Weiser, which is very comprehensive to say the least.

You might like to look at this site (if you haven’t already done so): http://www.constellationsofwords.com/st ... phabet.htm which lists the stars with diagrams and descriptions.

‘Serpens’ isn’t a star per se, it’s a group of stars http://astrologyking.com/constellation-serpens/ with specific stars therein.

Do continue with this and please tell us what you discover along your way. Just don’t get caught up with ‘good’/’bad’. :roll:

Best,

Admin.
YogaAnyDay

Post by YogaAnyDay »

Hi,
I have my north lunar node conjunct Regulus and an astrologer told me that my purpose is to "be a queen." It's funny because I was really consciously trying NOT to be a queen in the sense that I was trying to grow my humility. She told me that a true queen is generous and that was very meaningful to me. Just my personal experience, I thought you might be interested!
Elizabeth
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi YogaAnyDay,

As Regulus is in the Sign of Leo, naturally it's considered to be relevant to "Royalty".  Might be worth your while checking out the mythology associated with this star, as often such gives many clues beyond the simple one-word meaning.

The author I mentioned in my previous post suggests that one of these mythological connections is with the Persian king Feridun, who divided his kingdom amongst his 3 sons.  Upshot was that naturally there was much contention and the 2 older sons murdered the youngest whereupon Feridun took revenge on his 2 older sons and thus his kingdom came to an end.

Of course this is only one of the myths associated with Regulus, and naturally this would be relevant to various parts of your psyche (or of people in your life) represented by the planets etc. in your chart...and more specifically should there be any other strong aspects to your Regulus/NNode.  For e.g. perhaps you have Scorpio planets, or strong Pluto aspects involving your Sun (ruler of Leo) or the House it rules (i.e. the House in which Regulus/NN falls), or maybe you have Gemini planets involved with this Regulus/NN conjunction ?

I had no intention of going this far when I started to attempt a reply but, it got very interesting as I started looking.
Hope it's of interest to you too.

Best,
Admin.
YogaAnyDay

Post by YogaAnyDay »

I have Mars conjunct my north node and Regulus (one degree orb) as well as Jupiter (3 deg orb).
The mythology you mentioned made me laugh since I grew up the youngest of 3 siblings and honestly my first memory is of my brothers threatening to kill me. That I can laugh now is pretty crazy-sounding probably but I'm 40 years old and I've done plenty of 'work' on my childhood traumas.
Thanks so much for your reply! Very interesting and I'd love to learn more about the mythology at some point.
Peace :)