Ascendant 'Return'

Describes the energies and areas according to the moment the Sun returns to its exact natal position as it recurs in the current year, and in the current location.
admin
Site Admin

Ascendant 'Return'

Post by admin »

Solar Returns can give some interesting hints about the areas of life and the type of and way in which various energies may be emphasised during a certain year. There is much to said on this subject. However, it occurred to me that perhaps an 'Asc. Return' might be a secondary source of information.

Of course, the degree on the cusp of the Asc. recurs every day. But, bearing in mind that this cusp is the East (Sunrise) point at birth, perhaps the moment at which the Sun returns to that exact degree would be a kind of 'Ascendant Return' ? For eg. if you have say 23 Cap Rising (the 'minutes' would of course be important) the Sun would have returned to that point on 12/13 Jan. 09.

Any thoughts on this ?
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
gemini59

Re: Ascendant 'Return'

Post by gemini59 »

It seems it might be something close to diurnals accept it would demonstrate all those things associated with the ascendant but might be possibly a good indicator of general health or outlook for the day. It might be worth following for a bit to see what comes of it.
Gemini59
LeeRutland

Post by LeeRutland »

Now THERE'S an idea!
I've never thought of that.
I have had quite good luck with Solar Returns, viewing them in a symbolic manner only, describing "the moment", what was on the native's mind, as it were, and it has been very insightful, at times.

I think I shall play with this idea!!!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Now THERE'S an idea!
I've never thought of that.
I have had quite good luck with Solar Returns, viewing them in a symbolic manner only, describing "the moment", what was on the native's mind, as it were, and it has been very insightful, at times.

I think I shall play with this idea!!!!!
This is a tad confusing. 'Solar Returns' are about the moment that the Sun returns to its exact place (degree, minute, second – tho’ the ‘second’ is rarely possible, so I usually ignore that element ...which is ‘not allowed’ by many astrologers) on one’s birthday in a particular year.

What you are describing is more of an ‘Horary’ chart? (a question about a particular matter?).

They both sound very similar, and can certainly be taken and used similarly.

Would you take this further please if possible?

Thanks.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]