to go or not to go, that is the question

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
vikky37

to go or not to go, that is the question

Post by vikky37 »

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking too much lately whether I should go for a two week vacation to Russia this coming Saturday (Oct 24th). My mind is literally exploding. I really want to see my family and change the settings but at the same time I'm scared to get stuck there and not to be able to get back to France (where all my life currently is).

I was wondering whether there might be any hints in the natal chart. Thank you!

Victory, born 23 mai 1994, Moscow, Russia at 1.25 pm
admin
Site Admin

Re: to go or not to go, that is the question

Post by admin »

Hi vikky37,

My goodness, did your words - "thinking too much/mind literally exploding" - ever express so vividly this current Mercury retrograde in Scorpio, in your 3rd House (thinking/communication) conjunct your Moon (family) and Jupiter (long-distance travel) ...as it happens, in exact opposition to transiting retrograde Uranus in Taurus in your 9th House (travelling 'abroad').  Both of which result in agitation and constant changing and shifting of your mind.

Of itself, it doesn't say 'don't travel', and I can surely understand why you wish to do so, especially with the situation in France as it is at this time.  But it does feel like a 'panic' decision (Merc. opp. Uranus) and inevitably a powerful need to return to your family (Moon involvement).   Again, this doesn't mean 'don't go'.

I assume you've checked about re-entry to France ?   If you haven't, then do so, and check and double-check and then check again every single detail as this retrograde Mercury/Uranus can result in mis-reading or missing important details.  Don't gloss over anything, clarify and re-clarify ...which I can't emphasise enough !

You have said "2 weeks", so I've taken your return date as 7th Nov.   Mercury turns direct in square to your Saturn so there might be a delay(s), but this could be relevant to the actual journey itself (back to France).  On the other hand, it could mean a glitch in documentation, especially if you've overlooked any detail in documentation.

I'm really hesitant to tell you not to go at this time, but I am concerned that you are doing this out of desperation (and impulse ?) and therefore not taking into consideration every detail.   I'd like to suggest waiting (until a week or two after Mercury turns direct which it does on the 6th Nov.), but as I can't know what the situation will be in France 2 weeks after that on your return, all I can do is suggest as I have done here, that you research and talk to anyone and everyone concerned or involved with re-entry issues thoroughly before you leave.  And again and again...check that you've filled out every form precisely and exactly.

I'm sorry I can't give you a definite "yes" or "no" answer.   (Perhaps someone else here will chime in and offer their opinion).

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
vikky37

Post by vikky37 »

Dear Admin,

Thank you for such an elaborate answer. It perfectly describes my current state of mind!

I guess in the current situation even the most thorough research won't be enough as we don't know what might happen in the weeks to come (e.g. another lockdown while I'm in Russia or a flight cancellation). So there is always a risk.

Nevertheless, I will keep weighing all the pros and cons, thanks again!

Best,
Vicky
vikky37

Post by vikky37 »

Hello everyone,

Here's what happened: after a lot of thinking and research, I finally decided to give it a try and head out to Moscow no matter what. The trip went pretty well, I got a negative COVID test result that spared me from a two-week self-isolation. To some extent, it was a pretty impulsive decision but I think it made me feel better..

Dear Admin, it seems like you were right about some possible complications relating to my eventual return to France. Because of the lockdown 2.0 I'm now very reluctant to fly back on November 7th (even though for the time being it is still possible) since I'll be working remotely until further notice from the French authorities. Overall, it is a bit unexpected for me to stay in Russia longer than I thought, but at the same time I'm happy to be here with my family. I just only hope that things will straighten out a little bit in December as we're all pretty tired of the current situation.

Thank you again for your response.

Best regards,
Vicky