Change in Destiny?

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
franticdinner

Change in Destiny?

Post by franticdinner »

Hi All

I've come to you because I am feeling conflicted towards my destiny. I've always felt the need to creatively solve problems so I chose a career path as a graphic designer. I now feel that I am confined in this position and I should be doing something greater, helping more people. I had made one major change in my past (I moved across the country without a plan) and that change was thrilling! I've been thinking about doing something drastic like that again, but waiting for when the time is right.

I'm wondering if I should continue with this thought or stick with what I know!

Thanks x

F

June 9, 1994
01:00:00 AM
Oyster Bay, New York, USA
admin
Site Admin

Re: Change in Destiny?

Post by admin »

Hi franticdinner,

I can certainly see why you’re feeling the need for change as, just for starters, transiting Jupiter (expansion/growth) has recently crossed your 10th House cusp (Career) and amongst other things, it could be described as ‘wanderlust’. Your feeling of wanting to do ‘something greater, helping more people’ is relevant to this too, but even more so resulting from transiting Pluto, which is now very close to your natal Neptune (your ruling planet as you have Pisces Rising) and this tends to be life-changing on many levels. Add that this occurs in your 11th House (groups, social issues, and friends) then this is adding to your feeling of the need to contribute to the welfare of others.

Furthermore, it’s opposite your Venus in the 5th House (personal creativity, as well as romantic liaisons). This is a powerful influence which, as I said, results in a tremendous transformation, bringing intense experiences which won’t be easy to deal with at times, but which are life-changing ultimately.

And now we come to – what I feel – is perhaps the main current influence with regard to your question, and that is transiting Neptune in square (difficult aspect) to your Moon in the 3rd House, which is in Gemini and the area of mind, thought and communication. Neptune in this aspect can be very confusing and result in all sorts of weird feelings, thoughts and ideas. Basically, in this aspect, there’s a problem with boundaries as you’re very open and highly sensitive to the thoughts, feelings and moods of others. The danger here is that you can be easily influenced and affected by these, even being unaware that this is happening and feeling instead that they are your thoughts, moods and feelings.

As this has been going on for a couple of years, perhaps you are beginning to recognise these feelings and how they have been affecting you. Generally it can give a deep and unsettling dissatisfaction that is hard to pin down to anything specific, and as it’s recently finished squaring transiting Jupiter, now in your career area, this is where you are naturally feeling that it’s relevant.

Next year, Neptune will start to square your Gemini Sun and your 10th/Career and 4th/Home/family, and I think you may well feel the travel-bug very strongly, not least of all as Neptune could easily be described as ‘The Drifter’. Of course Neptune can lead us to higher dimensions and more spiritual areas – though you may need to be careful here of not getting caught up with groups or sects that are over-influential and take you over (in the wrong way). Nonetheless, this can be very very beautiful too and lead you to realms you had never dreamed existed before.

All in all, and if you are able to do this, I think that travel might answer many of these needs, though it doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to do this physically. Finding a ‘group’ that answers your spiritual needs and ideals can also be a way to satisfy this restlessness and give you a focal point.

As far as work goes, I would suggest that for the time being you stay with what you know which can at least give you some sort of stable base and also help you to build up your financial resources for when or if you decide to wander off to new realms. Another reason I’m suggesting this is because I think you’ll be changing your mind frequently during the course of this next year (or two).

Expanding any creative interests – perhaps especially writing, and certainly art - is another strong Neptune area that might be excellent for you to direct your creativity into.

If you want to do something to help humanity in the meantime, perhaps you could find some group which works in such areas and to which you can contribute some of your time. There are heaps of these around of course and just a quick look online might give you some idea. This then might give you some experience in such areas and help you to decide on your own ultimate direction.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]