Natal chart and July lunar eclipse

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
philipkeenan

Natal chart and July lunar eclipse

Post by philipkeenan »

Name: Phil
Date: 17 July 1976
Time: 01:05AM
Place: London, UK

Hello,

I've never posted on a forum like this before, so apologies if any of this is a bit wrong or doesn't quite make sense. This question might not even be in the correct section.

I understand that there will be a lunar eclipse at 24 degrees Capricorn on July 16-17 this year. Midheaven on my natal chart is also at 24 degrees Capricorn and July 17 is my birthday (I live in Sydney, Australia), so I was wondering if there was anything I should know about this aspect before it occurs. If this is some sort of major event, I was also wondering if there are any other aspects with my natal chart I should look out for.

Thank you for your time!

Phil
Attachments
natal chart.png
natal chart.png (43.23 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: Natal chart and July lunar eclipse

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Phil from Sydney, I'm just up the track in Canberra :)

A lunar eclipse isn't always very strong nor does it make much of a difference on a person's life. Their effects are nothing like a planet transit for example. However, they can trigger events and as this occurs right on your Midheaven and opposing your Sun it should have an impact of some sort even if it is weak.

I'd suggest it feels more like a grounding effect, bringing your thinking to the now and making you focus on what is occuring around you and with your life in general. It might allow you space to process where you are at and that could lead to you pursuing various positive options.

An eclipse is generally accepted to last about 6 months but I find they don't have much strength unless the planet or point is under transit and therefore primed for change. It just so happens that you have transiting Pluto coming into orb to conjunct your Midheaven and oppose your Sun. As you are still recovering from a Chiron transit of your Moon, and that doesn't really leave orb until later this year, you are a bit out of sorts, in other words an eclipse will no doubt influence you.

So I'd say that the coming eclipse will bring things into focus and help you make some big decisions that seem to be looming in your life.

That Pluto transit will probably knock you over a bit so I'd suggest that you start some serious relaxation and meditation, change your diet and get some exercise. A complete overhaul is coming with Pluto so prepare for it now. I suggest that you join my free newsletter and grab some of my books because you will need a bit more information than what I've given you here to get started.

When you are ready we'll start working on the archetypes in your chart to help you ease in the transit of Pluto.
philipkeenan

Post by philipkeenan »

Thanks for such a quick reply, Noel! (I love Canberra, by the way.)

Perhaps it isn't a coincidence, given these transits, that I have just started to get back into meditation and there are also some health concerns which I have begun to address. I will take the rest of your very good advice about the newsletter and books and get better informed about these things.

And yes, further work, down the track, will be appreciated in time. I shall return.

Thanks again.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

take care Phil, catch you online when you are ready for another lecture :)