Meaning of NORTH NODE CONJUNCTING MY SOUTH NODE (in Cancer)?

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
liana

Meaning of NORTH NODE CONJUNCTING MY SOUTH NODE (in Cancer)?

Post by liana »

Hi! In my natal chart, South Node is in 14 degrees of Cancer and North Node is in 14 degrees of Capricorn. I have a modest level of understanding of the meaning of the Moon nodes, i.e. that South Node is a roughly a place of past/unfinished business and North Node is a direction I need to focus on going forward, please correct me if I am wrong. My question: since the North node is now transiting Cancer and conjuncting my South Node, what does this mean for me karmically and astrologically? Thanks so much in advance!
Attachments
Natal chart
Natal chart
IMG_1957.jpg (151.74 KiB) Viewed 1820 times
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Re: Meaning of NORTH NODE CONJUNCTING MY SOUTH NODE (in Cancer)?

Post by Noel Eastwood »

Hi Liana, the North node won't be at 14 degrees cancer until September so you have plenty of time to process what it means. What is way more important about your North Node transit is that it will conjunct your Sun, Mercury and Jupiter. This is momentous in that it can trigger a new direct. You can begin to understand what this direction might be by examining the past 14 years of it's cycle through your life.

What happened 14 years ago? That was when NN was conjunct it's natal position, this will give you an idea of what it is working on in your psyche. A transiting North Node conjunct the South Node is simply the midpoint of the North Node cycle, it is now half way through it's cycle, this mid point marks the end of the building stage and the start of the releasing stage. The first half of an astrological cycle, no matter what planet it is, is to build up the energy to initiate the planet/NNode's intention for your spiritual growth. This release of your karmic goal starts at the start and then is initiated at the midpoint of the cycle.

I suggest that you do some meditations on the North Node and see what comes up.
liana

Post by liana »

Noel, thank you so much for your explanation!
So is the full cycle of NNode roughly 28 years?
When you say that NNode conjunction with my Sun, Mercury and Jupiter initiates a new direction and builds up energy for the completion of the karmic cycle, and since those planets are in my career/ambition house, does this mean that this is the area that will be primarily affected? My career has taken a new direction 14 years ago, but it is still very slow as far as income is concerned (and that impacts my living situation, which is where my natal NNode is). My relationships also underwent several hardships and heartbreaks. If feels to me like my ship has cracks on several fronts... so I am trying to figure out what is happening karmically? And yes, I meditate every day as have been for years. Perhaps because of it, I tent to bring out karma in more dramatic ways and now have to deal with all of it at once.
Noel Eastwood
Site Admin

Post by Noel Eastwood »

It possibly indicates things shifting in your career and ambitions since it was triggered 14 years ago, yes its a 28 year cycle, much like Saturn's.

As you are a meditator can I suggest that you do some meditation on your astrology archetypes? You'll find a lot of information on how to do that in my Self Hypnosis book, follow the link in my signature. Let me know how you go, maybe the cracks in your ship can be mended this way too :)
liana

Post by liana »

Thanks Noel!! I will check it out. I am actually looking into self-hypnosis now. I just started Marisa Peer's process or regression and rebuild (RTT) using self-hypnosis. I am a healer and work with people. It is much easier to do this for others than for yourself.