South Node Conjunct Sun (10th House)

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
ChromaCosm

South Node Conjunct Sun (10th House)

Post by ChromaCosm »

Hey guys, 23/M,

This aspect has been running through my mind for some time now - I really want to know what it means, especially in my chart.

To my understanding, SN means 'past' or 'letting go' or 'something you need to lose' and yes also 'things you bring with you into this life' ,

but when it's conjunct the Sun, and in the 10th house, I'm not 100% sure what it means, do I have to give up who I am?

I am in the point in life where I am trying to find who I am, and especially I am going through a sexual orientation identity crisis, not knowing who exactly I am or who I'm attracted to.

I suspect this may have to do with letting go of a fake old self (pretending to be a tough, straight guy) and accepting a new identity from my feminine side? Maybe it is more truthful to who I am? Maybe stop trying to be like my dad? (He had great success in his career and reached fame, so people expect me to be like him, that is the way I feel.)

Also, I know that Taurus is notorious for being able to be very lazy and stubborn, which I admit I am extremely lazy. Perhaps it is a calling to shed my bad lazy habits? I spend many days lounging around not doing much, and many days feel motivated to do nothing except for just doing nothing, but I have a deep passion and talent for music, so maybe I should be getting on with my career instead of being lazy - but then again, career = 10th House, is also in the South Node..? I've also read that SN with 10th house means you will not ever be someone important / famous, etc. .

Don't know if this is a karmic placement where I am not allowed to "shine" in this life, or maybe I am against odds but need to reclaim my "ability" to shine ... ?

I'm trying to understand what meaning this placement has on me and who I am, perhaps you guys can help me shed some light on this?

Here's my chart:

Thank you all in advance!

CC
admin
Site Admin

Re: South Node Conjunct Sun (10th House)

Post by admin »

Hi CC,

Yes, the South Node is traditionally considered to be ‘the Past’/what we bring with us into this life, and also our early life experiences and the habits we can easily fall into. In fact, much of what you have gleaned about this is correct – as far as my knowledge goes.

However, I’ve found that although the North Node is where we are learning more, and our ‘future Path’, the biggest mistake is to neglect the SN. In other words, the SN has much to do with our ‘gifts’; what we have learned and can use on that Path, and so the two ends of the axis need to be balanced, rather than one end emphasised more than the other.

The Nodal Axis is a favourite subject of mine, and looking at your chart, I’d really like to get into this in depth. Unfortunately right now I have to attend to other matters, so if you’re prepared to wait a day or two, I’ll get back to you to discuss it further.

Of course, others may in the meantime, answer your query too.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
ChromaCosm

Post by ChromaCosm »

admin wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:57 am Hi CC,

Yes, the South Node is traditionally considered to be ‘the Past’/what we bring with us into this life, and also our early life experiences and the habits we can easily fall into. In fact, much of what you have gleaned about this is correct – as far as my knowledge goes.

However, I’ve found that although the North Node is where we are learning more, and our ‘future Path’, the biggest mistake is to neglect the SN. In other words, the SN has much to do with our ‘gifts’; what we have learned and can use on that Path, and so the two ends of the axis need to be balanced, rather than one end emphasised more than the other.

The Nodal Axis is a favourite subject of mine, and looking at your chart, I’d really like to get into this in depth. Unfortunately right now I have to attend to other matters, so if you’re prepared to wait a day or two, I’ll get back to you to discuss it further.

Of course, others may in the meantime, answer your query too.

Best,
Admin.
Absolutely! I would love to wait to hear your more elaborate response.

Thanks for your answer !
1nluv

Post by 1nluv »

Our parents always show up in our charts one way or the other. The sun represents the father, and the south node represents the past: past generations, past lives. Your father (prior generation) has achieved prominence in his career which probably has a significant effect in your life, so this conjunction may simply point to that. Your place in this world has much to do with riding on his accomplishments. Also, your rising is in Cancer, so how you're seen has much to do with your family roots and home life in general. Aaand, your north node, what you're aiming for, is in the 4th house of home and family roots. You can see where I'm going here. Both the problem (growing into an identity separate from your father's) and solution lay in your family roots and home life.

More about you though. First, if you weren't "allowed to shine in this life" your sun wouldn't be in the 10th house regardless of it conjuncting the south node or not- it would be in the 12th (and trust me, it's not an easy placement.) IMO this placement shows good karma, not bad. I mean holy smokes, you've got a grand fire trine involving Jupiter, Venus, and Mars in your 2nd house of money, 5th house of fun and creativity, and 9th house of travel and learning :lol: . Good karma!

You can shine, and looking to your 6th house of daily work to see how you can shine, I see you have Neptune there. Neptune rules music! This is why I would encourage you to pursue your music career. Your moon is in Gemini so you probably feel like you've got a lot to say and can express through music. Also your Neptune is conjunct Uranus so I'm wondering if the music you like to make has a progressive or techno sound, or if you promote it online.
ChromaCosm

Post by ChromaCosm »

1nluv wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:05 am Our parents always show up in our charts one way or the other. The sun represents the father, and the south node represents the past: past generations, past lives. Your father (prior generation) has achieved prominence in his career which probably has a significant effect in your life, so this conjunction may simply point to that. Your place in this world has much to do with riding on his accomplishments. Also, your rising is in Cancer, so how you're seen has much to do with your family roots and home life in general. Aaand, your north node, what you're aiming for, is in the 4th house of home and family roots. You can see where I'm going here. Both the problem (growing into an identity separate from your father's) and solution lay in your family roots and home life.

More about you though. First, if you weren't "allowed to shine in this life" your sun wouldn't be in the 10th house regardless of it conjuncting the south node or not- it would be in the 12th (and trust me, it's not an easy placement.) IMO this placement shows good karma, not bad. I mean holy smokes, you've got a grand fire trine involving Jupiter, Venus, and Mars in your 2nd house of money, 5th house of fun and creativity, and 9th house of travel and learning :lol: . Good karma!

You can shine, and looking to your 6th house of daily work to see how you can shine, I see you have Neptune there. Neptune rules music! This is why I would encourage you to pursue your music career. Your moon is in Gemini so you probably feel like you've got a lot to say and can express through music. Also your Neptune is conjunct Uranus so I'm wondering if the music you like to make has a progressive or techno sound, or if you promote it online.
Thanks a lot for your reply! Very interesting points you make here, in ways I had never thought of before.

I see where you’re coming from in the SN and Rising simply showing the circumstances that i have now because of my father and my family - but the main concern I have regarding the SN is the idea of “self undoing” , what does that really mean?

Is there still an element of me needing to separate myself from my ego? Could my aforementioned issue of sexuality have anything to do with that? Since I ever considered the idea that I could be gay, I suddenly started to think about how it’s possible that I would have to separate myself from all the things that come with continuing your line of family, as sons do traditionally , but if I’m gay, maybe it doesn’t apply to me since it’s possible that I don’t continue the family lineage - so male pride, accomplishment, power, recognition, all things of the Sun, would be things for me to “give up” and accept a totally different true identity.

On the other hand very interestingly, my father has always taught me that the ego is something to learn to battle, and to learn to never be attached to it because it is always trying to bring you down and limit you from being free.

Especially for me my ego comes in the form of laziness and selfishness, things my father and mother have always taught me to learn to fight against in life. And Scorpio north node makes sense because it is urging me to break free of lazy habits and comfort and learn to change and transform - which I know I need.

But in the 4th house I never really understood, so my mission in life is to form a family? I was never sure that felt like it really applied to me.

Just trying to understand where I should be headed in life.
1nluv

Post by 1nluv »

ChromaCosm wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:00 am
Thanks a lot for your reply! Very interesting points you make here, in ways I had never thought of before.
You're welcome! Glad to hear.

I see where you’re coming from in the SN and Rising simply showing the circumstances that i have now because of my father and my family - but the main concern I have regarding the SN is the idea of “self undoing” , what does that really mean?
Self-undoing refers to willfully taking actions that are counterproductive to your goals - maybe in moments of heated emotion, or out of flawed assumptions - but I think you're confusing the south node with 12th house matters again. The south node is a point of releasing and letting go. Everyone has a south node, but not everyone has 12th house placements. If this is an accurate birth time, you don't technically have 12th house placements, though your moon is right on the very cusp in the 11th house- close enough to make a difference, imo. Maybe you're concerned about it because your moon is so close and you can feel this 12th house energy of self-undoing, or maybe your moon is actually in the 12th house because of a slightly inaccurate birthtime.

Is there still an element of me needing to separate myself from my ego? Could my aforementioned issue of sexuality have anything to do with that? Since I ever considered the idea that I could be gay, I suddenly started to think about how it’s possible that I would have to separate myself from all the things that come with continuing your line of family, as sons do traditionally , but if I’m gay, maybe it doesn’t apply to me since it’s possible that I don’t continue the family lineage - so male pride, accomplishment, power, recognition, all things of the Sun, would be things for me to “give up” and accept a totally different true identity.
I'm not sure how you would separate yourself from your ego or why you think it's necessary, apart from what your father taught you about it (unless he was referring to arrogance, not ego in the Freudian sense.) I'm also not certain why you would feel you would have to give up qualities associated with the sun. I understand you're still questioning it because of your sun's conjunction with the south node, but I've said that I think this has more to do with your father and your lineage. I guess I can't help you too much here.
But in the 4th house I never really understood, so my mission in life is to form a family? I was never sure that felt like it really applied to me.
No, not necessarily. I don't really have a good link at the moment otherwise I would give you one, but do a search on the 4th house and you'll find the different meanings and different ways a prominent 4th house has manifested in other's lives.