Should I take the plunge

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
icarus2712

Should I take the plunge

Post by icarus2712 »

:roll:
Hi all,

I am in a peculiar situation and require your astro guidence.
My teenage daughter is joining a part time certificate course in tourism and travel at her college. Suddenly I too am interested in doing the same.The course is weekend starting from June end.

Well you see, I am 47 year male,out of job since couple of years, from banking background.

Traveling has always been my passion ,I love exploring different cultures specially from food point if view 😁

I have often read and heard follow your passion. Well if I take the plunge and do this course will it benefit me in future.

Seriously i mean me from banking sector, @47 age, not finding a job, expecting to make a career in new field by doing a short term course in a new field, i mean am i being practical.

or planets are leading me to that path.(jupiter later in 9H,and conjunct sagitt mc, going fwd, uranus in 3house later, saturn too moving out of capri 10 h)

or is it neptune on my asdt now making me a confused and daydreaming person. Mars will also be turning retro.is it a good idea to initiate something new then?

My greatest fear is joining the course and not able to complete it due to any reason.

Not to.mention embarassment of sharing the lectures with students more than half my age besides my daughter 😂😂

Request inputs based on my chart
Attachments
Natal
Natal
image_000193.jpeg (203.35 KiB) Viewed 5454 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Should I take the plunge

Post by admin »

Hi icarus (nicely chosen name :P ),

Yes, Neptune is certainly contributing to your confusion and doubts but, what have you got to lose ?

A friend of mine started at Uni at age 56 to study Ancient Greek History and having come from a govt. job, I’m sure you can imagine how hard that was for her. But she loved the subject so much (just as you do your subject), and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. In fact, she found that the younger people she was surrounded by, looked on her as a kind of ‘mentor’ in that situation, and she received a great deal of respect for being brave and stepping forth into a whole new world.

I think with Jupiter conjunct Neptune in your 9th, and Sag. on your 10th with Moon exactly conjunct your Midheaven, the field of tourism and travel would be a great area of study for you, and will give this transiting Neptune just the right area for you to put those ‘dreamy’ energies into. And anyway, regardless of how far you go with that particular course, I do feel that it will also open up other areas for you, such as your culinary interests (Moon in Sag.).

The drawback with Neptune conj. Asc. is self-doubt, which can undermine your confidence and result in just sitting back instead of stepping forth into this new world. This lack of confidence is being aggravated by transiting Saturn, retrograde and about to re-cross your Sun. However, Saturn can also help you to create new foundations for this future possibility. And I note that you have Mercury in Capricorn (ruling your 3rd House/studies – Gemini on the cusp) and so whilst Saturn is going through Capricorn, again it will help you to focus on these studies.

I see that your Sun/Mercury is in square to Pluto, so this would contribute to your fear as you know that when you do commit to something, you do so completely, even obsessively, hence the commitment to you is whole and total...and hence the intense fear of making the commitment in case it fails. And I would say that you are a perfectionist too. However, I would also say that this transiting Neptune – although adding to the idealism and perfectionism on the one hand – is also offering you the chance of at last ‘following your dream’.

Re Mars retrograde – as it will be doing so in your 11th House (friends/groups) I suspect that this can simply refer to a ‘different group’, and a need to adjust to this.

As you noted, transiting Jupiter will be entering your 9th in Nov. but this doesn’t mean that you can’t start these new studies before then as Jupiter is in the same Sign as your 9th House cusp. I suspect that when it does enter your 9th this will just be opening that area up for you, more than you can imagine, and widening further these areas of study and travel.

In that classic adage: ’Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained’ !?

So dear icarus, Go For It ! And do please let me know how it goes.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
icarus2712

Post by icarus2712 »

admin wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:49 am Hi icarus (nicely chosen name :P ),

Yes, Neptune is certainly contributing to your confusion and doubts but, what have you got to lose ?

A friend of mine started at Uni at age 56 to study Ancient Greek History and having come from a govt. job, I’m sure you can imagine how hard that was for her. But she loved the subject so much (just as you do your subject), and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. In fact, she found that the younger people she was surrounded by, looked on her as a kind of ‘mentor’ in that situation, and she received a great deal of respect for being brave and stepping forth into a whole new world.

I think with Jupiter conjunct Neptune in your 9th, and Sag. on your 10th with Moon exactly conjunct your Midheaven, the field of tourism and travel would be a great area of study for you, and will give this transiting Neptune just the right area for you to put those ‘dreamy’ energies into. And anyway, regardless of how far you go with that particular course, I do feel that it will also open up other areas for you, such as your culinary interests (Moon in Sag.).

The drawback with Neptune conj. Asc. is self-doubt, which can undermine your confidence and result in just sitting back instead of stepping forth into this new world. This lack of confidence is being aggravated by transiting Saturn, retrograde and about to re-cross your Sun. However, Saturn can also help you to create new foundations for this future possibility. And I note that you have Mercury in Capricorn (ruling your 3rd House/studies – Gemini on the cusp) and so whilst Saturn is going through Capricorn, again it will help you to focus on these studies.

I see that your Sun/Mercury is in square to Pluto, so this would contribute to your fear as you know that when you do commit to something, you do so completely, even obsessively, hence the commitment to you is whole and total...and hence the intense fear of making the commitment in case it fails. And I would say that you are a perfectionist too. However, I would also say that this transiting Neptune – although adding to the idealism and perfectionism on the one hand – is also offering you the chance of at last ‘following your dream’.

Re Mars retrograde – as it will be doing so in your 11th House (friends/groups) I suspect that this can simply refer to a ‘different group’, and a need to adjust to this.

As you noted, transiting Jupiter will be entering your 9th in Nov. but this doesn’t mean that you can’t start these new studies before then as Jupiter is in the same Sign as your 9th House cusp. I suspect that when it does enter your 9th this will just be opening that area up for you, more than you can imagine, and widening further these areas of study and travel.

In that classic adage: ’Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained’ !?

So dear icarus, Go For It ! And do please let me know how it goes.

Best,
Admin.
:D👍 I thank you from bottom of my heart for such a detailed analysis. Your words have instilled confidence and hope in me so much so that I feel visiting the college and securing admission today itself 😀😀
I am putting my thoughts point wise I request you to help me out as well on those 🙏

1) As I said inspite of having more than decades experience in banking I am currently not able to get a job due to my age 47 ,( age is not just a number in this case
😂) I come from India, where recruiters are sensitive to age criteria and job gap in my case 2 years now.
Situation is such that to survive financially (rent , bills etc) with family would become extremely difficult in coming months if I don't get a job.I have been trying to apply to any kind of job-even those airport ones(supervisor, customer handling etc) but refused due to age(should not sagitt mc helped here for airport job 🤔).
So any chance in coming months for a job?

2) Self employment currently us out of questions due to financial issues.I sold my house car etc couple of years back to square off debts and to sustain living. That money is on verge of finishing too. (Uranus still in my 2nd H😔😔)

3) When I discussed this course in my circle people reactions were like are you crazy, if I want some certification why not do it in banking subjects itself (honestly I am sick of banking, a change of filed would be like fresh air now)

4) Is not travel, tours a Venusian thing? I mean Jupiter is more like law banks(is that the reason I was into that, I mean I am a science grad and just veered into banking without any intention of doing so).Venus mars in 8H scorpio.So was wondering.

5) Any comments on Uranus Transit , because it will conjunction natal Saturn , opp venus mars Jupiter, aspectiing sun mer mc etc. That's heavy 😨.

6) Honestly 6 months after the course is completed what do you see how I will utilise it, meaning a job at a travelling agency ( if at all one that shows courage to hire me 😂), self employed (no experience in this field, not know anyone who can help me out as well) etc etc.

7) Along with this would it be advisable (astrologically) to join a language course as well? (French,German , Chinese or if the chart shows any other in particular).
My greatest fear is as I said joining these courses and leaving it midway for whatever reason (financial etc).,thereby wasting already thin money resources.

Awaiting your further inputs 🙏 should I attach other charts like progression or SR for further clarity?
1nluv

Post by 1nluv »

Hi icarus2712! I think it's great you are not letting age stop you from going back to school to do something you are passionate about. I can't give you a better chart reading than admin already has. Just popping in to say that if you seek employment in doing something you are passionate about, you are bound to be more dedicated and motivated in doing the things needed to secure employment, regardless of age. You've tried to secure airport jobs, but how well of of fit do you think you were for those jobs, and more importantly, just how well of a fit were those jobs for you (besides the paycheck)? I don't think that the fact you haven't landed those jobs is really an appropriate yardstick.

If you're wondering about self employment, it may be worth inquiring at the school if any part of your course of study will address it. Talk with your professors about it. Make connections with them. That's actually an advantage of returning to school at your age- the professors are more likely to be your peers, and you should feel more comfortable than your classmates in talking with them.
icarus2712

Post by icarus2712 »

Yes I totally agree with your views it's just that being rejected every time on age grounds in a field with 2 decades of experience, has turned me bitter.😔

Besides financial crunch too giving me anxious moments.(my daughters plus mine course fees, her college fees etc)

I have decided to give it a shot , will join the course.👍

.besides I wanted to ask how about language courses along with it like alliance Francaise for French or any other languages you can suggest (if a chart indicates so).

Here's my SR for current year. I can see planets in 5H.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi icarus,

I do understand about being rejected on age grounds (in such as banking and similar industries) but this is a very different industry you're looking at now, and one where your work (and life) experience might well be valued. And certainly with Saturn going back and forth across your Sun/Mercury, your confidence isn’t at its highest, as mentioned previously. However, in fact you can call this a ‘second wind’, so to speak.

Just out of interest, can you remember what was going on the last time Saturn was in this position in your chart ? (Around 1988/89). I suspect that this might have been when you started leaning towards such as banking; perhaps prompted to do so by your family ? It’s different this time of course, as you’re now a mature adult and ready to make your own choices and decisions in work/career areas. In fact, I suspect that being out of work in your usual field, occurred to push you towards finding this new and truer vocation. (This doesn’t mean that it IS tourism, but just that it is leading you towards a truer-to-self vocation).

Financially, with Mars ruling that area, and Saturn in ‘safety-first’ Taurus opposite your Mars in the 8th (very much such as banking institutions), it was natural that you’d gravitate towards that area. But now you are it seems, beginning to ‘feel’ the need for a vocation, and giving a freer rein to your Sag. Midheaven, which is much more the ‘Vocation’ rather than just one’s ‘work’.

I do think too that languages (naturally involved with 9th House and Sag.) would be a good direction, not least of all as this could be a valuable asset in such as tourism/travel. However, I think that perhaps you should wait until after Saturn has turned direct and gone past your Mercury, as (and I may be wrong about this) you might find you’re not confident enough to tackle it. (I really don’t want to undermine you with those words, but I’m also looking at transiting Neptune and the possibility of over-reaching yourself and then getting disheartened).

By then Jupiter will be well into your 9th and perhaps too, the tourism course will have given you more confidence. With regard to ‘which languages’, sorry but Sag. is so wide-ranging, I can’t be specific. Try a few and see which one (or more) suits you. But French sounds very much a good one to start with. (By the way, there are heaps of 'free' language courses available online, for example: https://www.fluentu.com/blog/free-langu ... -websites/ ).

I’m also looking at your Progressed Chart (I’ve set up your natal chart by working backwards from your SR, and it looks right). In this chart, Prog. Merc. is conj. Prog. Midheaven (in Aquarius), and I really like this, especially as Prog. Sun is exactly conjunct your North Node in the 10th. Aquarius – very much up for ‘the new and different’ – also wants a radical change.

IF my progressed chart calculations are correct, Prog. Mars (ruling your Natal 2nd/finances) is in Sag. !!! I think that speaks for itself ?

Financially, yes...this won’t be easy. And as Mercury (in Sag.) rules the 2nd House in the SR, and in square to SR Neptune conjunct the 8th (joint financial matters), there is some potential of going ahead without proper planning, so it would be a good idea to make a plan for all of the possible expenses and to try to stick to that plan. This will help to contain all the Neptune influences – at least, to some extent.

Re the planets in the SR 5th...love it ! The 5th being the area (amongst other things) of development of one’s own ‘individuality’, Saturn/Venus and Sun therein suggests that this is paramount for you during this period.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
icarus2712

Post by icarus2712 »

admin wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:42 am Hi icarus,

I do understand about being rejected on age grounds (in such as banking and similar industries) but this is a very different industry you're looking at now, and one where your work (and life) experience might well be valued. And certainly with Saturn going back and forth across your Sun/Mercury, your confidence isn’t at its highest, as mentioned previously. However, in fact you can call this a ‘second wind’, so to speak.

Just out of interest, can you remember what was going on the last time Saturn was in this position in your chart ? (Around 1988/89). I suspect that this might have been when you started leaning towards such as banking; perhaps prompted to do so by your family ? It’s different this time of course, as you’re now a mature adult and ready to make your own choices and decisions in work/career areas. In fact, I suspect that being out of work in your usual field, occurred to push you towards finding this new and truer vocation. (This doesn’t mean that it IS tourism, but just that it is leading you towards a truer-to-self vocation).

Financially, with Mars ruling that area, and Saturn in ‘safety-first’ Taurus opposite your Mars in the 8th (very much such as banking institutions), it was natural that you’d gravitate towards that area. But now you are it seems, beginning to ‘feel’ the need for a vocation, and giving a freer rein to your Sag. Midheaven, which is much more the ‘Vocation’ rather than just one’s ‘work’.

I do think too that languages (naturally involved with 9th House and Sag.) would be a good direction, not least of all as this could be a valuable asset in such as tourism/travel. However, I think that perhaps you should wait until after Saturn has turned direct and gone past your Mercury, as (and I may be wrong about this) you might find you’re not confident enough to tackle it. (I really don’t want to undermine you with those words, but I’m also looking at transiting Neptune and the possibility of over-reaching yourself and then getting disheartened).

By then Jupiter will be well into your 9th and perhaps too, the tourism course will have given you more confidence. With regard to ‘which languages’, sorry but Sag. is so wide-ranging, I can’t be specific. Try a few and see which one (or more) suits you. But French sounds very much a good one to start with. (By the way, there are heaps of 'free' language courses available online, for example: https://www.fluentu.com/blog/free-langu ... -websites/ ).

I’m also looking at your Progressed Chart (I’ve set up your natal chart by working backwards from your SR, and it looks right). In this chart, Prog. Merc. is conj. Prog. Midheaven (in Aquarius), and I really like this, especially as Prog. Sun is exactly conjunct your North Node in the 10th. Aquarius – very much up for ‘the new and different’ – also wants a radical change.

IF my progressed chart calculations are correct, Prog. Mars (ruling your Natal 2nd/finances) is in Sag. !!! I think that speaks for itself ?

Financially, yes...this won’t be easy. And as Mercury (in Sag.) rules the 2nd House in the SR, and in square to SR Neptune conjunct the 8th (joint financial matters), there is some potential of going ahead without proper planning, so it would be a good idea to make a plan for all of the possible expenses and to try to stick to that plan. This will help to contain all the Neptune influences – at least, to some extent.

Re the planets in the SR 5th...love it ! The 5th being the area (amongst other things) of development of one’s own ‘individuality’, Saturn/Venus and Sun therein suggests that this is paramount for you during this period.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Admin.
Hope this helps😁😁

That's the understatement of the year sir😁😁you are more than helping me👍🙏
Extremely sorry u had to work out the details manually. I should have shared birth details earlier.
27-12-1970 11:15 am new Delhi India.
As far 1988-89, I would say 1986 Feb was first turning point of my life, when my mother suddenly passed away and whole life turned topsy turvy. We relocated same year, failed in class in 1987, graduated in Science (in a subject I had to choose , not my choice) in 1992, got first job 1994, many jobs thereafter including in advertising and media (not creative side, sales /client services) then first job in finance with Thomas cook in 1998.

Banking (govt owned)was a an option after graduation but for that clearing entrance exams and all that stuff (very few Pvt sector banks in India back then).

My first love has been always medicine which I could not pursue due to very low percentage in graduation.Second was civil aviation, did not have funds.
Got entry into banking in 2000 due to relations with bankers for forex dealings.
Couple of years later 2003-2013 was the most stable job in one bank which I had to leave when issues started cropping up in mid 2010.
Second turning point was in mid 2013, resigned from my job, sold parental house, relocated,bought a new under construction house, no job till late 2015(meanwhile tried retrial business shop which failed) , 2016 onwards again jobless.Had to sell.house to square off debts and living.That money too on the verge of extinction.😔

That never stopped me from travelling abroad 😂 Issue is me I was never a miser.I never saved for rainy days 😂
But frankly I was never obsessed with 💰.For me.money should be there when I need it basis need.

😂😔 wife screams at me no money and you keep so spending 😂😂 but I guess henceforth no scope with the funds I am left with.God (or jupiter 😁) knows when and how next opportunity comes to travel abroad.

You are correct regarding language courses, will wait as such they are very costly and charge individually levelwise.

That's the story then. 1986 and 2013 are key periods when things went southwards( same Saturn Pluto transits?)

Awaiting time when the wheel starts turning upwards.

Btw no job in near months?

Thanks

PS: it's funny but when initially I thought of this course ,I have a tarot app and did a single card reading and behold I drew WORLD card 🌍Good omen🤔?
icarus2712

Post by icarus2712 »

admin wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:42 am Hi icarus,

Hope this helps.

Best,
Admin.
11:15 am it is, confirmed.
icarus2712

Post by icarus2712 »

Place of birth is New Delhi not Kalyan . Kalyan is current staying palace used for SR purpose.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm glad we got that chart matter sorted out finally !

Re the retrograde matters, I know that traditionally retrogrades are always considered ‘bad’ for starting anything new, but it doesn’t mean that new things always can’t/shouldn’t be started, just that extra care needs to be taken prior to embarking on something new. (Apparently Microsoft was launched under a Mercury Retrograde period and they seem to have done ok ?).

Nonetheless, given your current financial state (and your wife’s concerns), and that Pluto, Neptune, Saturn and Mars will all be Retrograde at the start of July, perhaps it is better that you wait until the next course opens. I realise that Jupiter is also retrograde at that time, but he turns direct exactly on your Mars in the 8th (joint finances), and as Mars rules your 2nd House, there could be a financial boost coming from ...somewhere – perhaps from your wife’s family ? - during that transit. Either that, or there might be some extra expenses that you need to be prepared for, especially as Uranus will be turning retrograde in your 2nd House during the first week of August.

Eclipses can bring a restlessness to make major changes in one’s life. The first one – a Partial Solar Eclipse - occurs in your 5th House, which can suggest a feeling of frustration at not being able to go one’s own way, or of being able to choose one’s own path. As this eclipse is in Cancer and in trine to your Venus (ruling your 8th), this suggests it’s the need to consider family/partner that prevents you from moving in the direction you wish.

The second eclipse - a Total Lunar Eclipse - occurs in conjunction with retrograde Mars, across your 11th/5th, followed in Aug. by another Partial Solar Eclipse in your 6th. I think this is all about a shake-up and wake-up about your identity/establishing ‘who you are’, or are becoming as a separate identity (to your peers or social group).

I realise that Neptune hovering back and forth across your Asc. isn’t helping with this, but that too has a part (if somewhat obscure that this point) in this process. I’m afraid I don’t know what this is exactly, but perhaps if you look back at key points such as when Neptune conjoined your Moon/Midheaven (around the age of 9-11), and again when it conjoined your Sun (around the age of 16/18) you might get some clues. What was going on in your life during those periods ? Remember that Neptune can prompt the need to escape, but can also bring a strong sense of guilt too, even if there is no real reason to feel guilt.

So – after this journey... the long way around – perhaps it is after all, best to wait until later in the year to embark on this new venture.

Oh, and re the Tarot card: “The World”, well I was overly influenced by that in my initial response. But of course, this card on its own doesn’t tell the whole story. It does suggest that ‘anything’s possible’, and also (as one source said), feeling the need to ‘dance to one’s own music’ – which in fact concurs with those Eclipses involving your 5th House as I mentioned above.

I did a reading and the ‘Ace of Wands’ was ahead (taking action), but the final card was the ‘4 of Cups’ – very ‘Neptunian’ in that it suggests that there is discontent resulting in interference with being able to see what actually is available and possible. Or in other words, the need to trust your intuition, which it seems by your doubts about this course, is accurate.

Hope this has helped to clarify matters for you in some way.

Best,
Admin.