A path to follow through

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
Go K

A path to follow through

Post by Go K »

Hi Everyone,
I've been practicing card reading, meditation, yoga, channelling for a few years. Now I'm getting more serious about astrology - both western & chinese which I've been reading a lot about. At first, I was trying to answer people's questions on their charts in the forum but I think it's better to practice with my own chart first!
I can feel that I'm during a big change in life. I'm only working part-time now, so I have more time to study the things that I really like. But it seems that there're too many things that can interest me. I really want to stick with 1 or 2 of them, to follow through it. For the best, if it could be my future work/ life work, that'll be really great! I should admit that I'm quite lazy sometimes, but this year, I'm getting more discipline! This surprised myself!
Please give me any advise on my talent, good/bad side of me( esp. for the bad side, that would help me a lot!), main challenges, goals……anything. And of course It'd be great if you can tell me how my chart indicates those issues, cos I really love to learn more about reading charts.
Thank you guys in advance!
Attachments
astro_Gk.png
astro_Gk.png (41.48 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
May All Beings Be Happy
Go K

Re: A path to follow through

Post by Go K »

Wanted to add fortuna in the chart but couldn't upload it. Don't know why. The fortuna(20 degree 40") conjuncts my Venus. I wonder what this mean. Thank you!
May All Beings Be Happy
Go K

Post by Go K »

Chart with fortuna! Yay!
Attachments
astro_Gk fortuna 63.png
astro_Gk fortuna 63.png (46.19 KiB) Viewed 3177 times
May All Beings Be Happy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Go K,

Yes, it’s always good to practice with your own chart and those of family and friends first while your learning such a vast subject as astrology.
(You might also like to browse ‘Noel Eastwood’s Student Section’ here on the Forum - just scroll down the Main Board and you’ll see it there).

Re the ‘big change’ in your life, certainly this is a very powerful time with transiting Pluto in your 3rd (studies and learning) in square to your natal Pluto in the 12th as this is a an extremely transformative influence. And with Pluto in your 12th in sextile to your natal Mars – in Leo, ruled by your Sun in Mars’ Sign, this can give you great insight into undercurrents and subtle influences, not only with regard to the general collective unconscious, but also re your Self; and with Mars conjunct your North Node (Path in Life), ruling your 7th House (relationships), this comes together very well for insight into others, and also for helping them understand themselves.

Added to this, your natal Pluto is sextile to natal Neptune – not of itself particularly ‘personal’ as many many generations have been born with this sextile – but the Neptune part of this is in trine to your Mars conjunct North Node, and sextile your Asc., trine your Desc., so again this adds to the capacity to ‘tune in’ to the collective currents and moods and act in a sensitive and understanding way to the problems and needs both of the collective and of individuals.

Back to the current Pluto square to your natal Pluto for a moment: this isn’t an easy transformation and I think contributes to the ‘too many things that interest you’ as this can aggravate your Libra Rising which is prone to indecisiveness (hence the label of ‘lazy’ given to Libra as indecision leads to inaction), and so it’s hard to commit to just one thing. Your Mercury in Pisces too (opposite your Moon) can be swayed too easily by ‘others’, especially as I think – with your Moon conjunct Saturn - you need their approval, which can naturally lead to doubt and indecision. And then of course, Sagittarius is on your 3rd House cusp with Neptune in Sag. only a few degrees away from that cusp. And as you know, Sag. seeks the wider and higher view, rather than the mundane, everyday ‘facts’. Hence it prefers breadth to detail.

Added to this (yes there’s more), transiting Neptune is opposite your natal Moon, so there’s a lot of dreaming about possibilities. And in fact this can make you too open to subtle moods and energies of others around you so you can find it hard to differentiate between your own moods and feelings and those of others around you. You may particularly pick up on any negativity and identify with such subtle moods, so you need to try to be aware of this. Certainly it makes you need and want to help others you feel are in trouble as Moon/Saturn in Virgo feels compelled to help in any way possible, especially in a practical way.

But again, added to all of those aspects from this transiting Pluto, it is in trine to your natal Saturn, so ultimately, once you find and set your course, you will be able to stick to it. But this is likely to take a while to really settle as this transformation is going on for a few years. However, I suspect that when transiting Saturn arrives at the same degree as transiting Pluto 2019/2020 in your 3rd, you may settle more on a specific facet of all of your studies. But this is a while yet, and in fact it might well be that you choose to focus on one topic only, prior to that. There really is so much going on in your chart that it’s hard to know exactly how this will all unfold.

No doubt all of the studies you are interested in and pursuing will provide a great background and will all come together – eventually – to support whatever you choose to focus on and use as your main ‘system’.

A word of warning though, Chinese Astrology, when you really get into it in depth, is as vast as Western Astrology. But you’ll discover this yourself – if you haven’t done so already – and obviously being a native of HK this subject would be ‘natural’ for you to pursue and to understand very well. (I studied it myself for quite a while - as I also did Vedic Astrology – but eventually realised that Western Astrology was really my ‘natural’ medium). I think you’ll eventually figure out and realise which system you feel most suited to and comfortable with. In the meantime, sure...experiment, study and enjoy this fantastic adventure.

I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions about this, please do ask and I’ll try to assist.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Go K

Post by Go K »

admin wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:19 am Hi Go K,

Yes, it’s always good to practice with your own chart and those of family and friends first while your learning such a vast subject as astrology.
(You might also like to browse ‘Noel Eastwood’s Student Section’ here on the Forum - just scroll down the Main Board and you’ll see it there).

Re the ‘big change’ in your life, certainly this is a very powerful time with transiting Pluto in your 3rd (studies and learning) in square to your natal Pluto in the 12th as this is a an extremely transformative influence. And with Pluto in your 12th in sextile to your natal Mars – in Leo, ruled by your Sun in Mars’ Sign, this can give you great insight into undercurrents and subtle influences, not only with regard to the general collective unconscious, but also re your Self; and with Mars conjunct your North Node (Path in Life), ruling your 7th House (relationships), this comes together very well for insight into others, and also for helping them understand themselves.

Added to this, your natal Pluto is sextile to natal Neptune – not of itself particularly ‘personal’ as many many generations have been born with this sextile – but the Neptune part of this is in trine to your Mars conjunct North Node, and sextile your Asc., trine your Desc., so again this adds to the capacity to ‘tune in’ to the collective currents and moods and act in a sensitive and understanding way to the problems and needs both of the collective and of individuals.

Back to the current Pluto square to your natal Pluto for a moment: this isn’t an easy transformation and I think contributes to the ‘too many things that interest you’ as this can aggravate your Libra Rising which is prone to indecisiveness (hence the label of ‘lazy’ given to Libra as indecision leads to inaction), and so it’s hard to commit to just one thing. Your Mercury in Pisces too (opposite your Moon) can be swayed too easily by ‘others’, especially as I think – with your Moon conjunct Saturn - you need their approval, which can naturally lead to doubt and indecision. And then of course, Sagittarius is on your 3rd House cusp with Neptune in Sag. only a few degrees away from that cusp. And as you know, Sag. seeks the wider and higher view, rather than the mundane, everyday ‘facts’. Hence it prefers breadth to detail.

Added to this (yes there’s more), transiting Neptune is opposite your natal Moon, so there’s a lot of dreaming about possibilities. And in fact this can make you too open to subtle moods and energies of others around you so you can find it hard to differentiate between your own moods and feelings and those of others around you. You may particularly pick up on any negativity and identify with such subtle moods, so you need to try to be aware of this. Certainly it makes you need and want to help others you feel are in trouble as Moon/Saturn in Virgo feels compelled to help in any way possible, especially in a practical way.

But again, added to all of those aspects from this transiting Pluto, it is in trine to your natal Saturn, so ultimately, once you find and set your course, you will be able to stick to it. But this is likely to take a while to really settle as this transformation is going on for a few years. However, I suspect that when transiting Saturn arrives at the same degree as transiting Pluto 2019/2020 in your 3rd, you may settle more on a specific facet of all of your studies. But this is a while yet, and in fact it might well be that you choose to focus on one topic only, prior to that. There really is so much going on in your chart that it’s hard to know exactly how this will all unfold.

No doubt all of the studies you are interested in and pursuing will provide a great background and will all come together – eventually – to support whatever you choose to focus on and use as your main ‘system’.

A word of warning though, Chinese Astrology, when you really get into it in depth, is as vast as Western Astrology. But you’ll discover this yourself – if you haven’t done so already – and obviously being a native of HK this subject would be ‘natural’ for you to pursue and to understand very well. (I studied it myself for quite a while - as I also did Vedic Astrology – but eventually realised that Western Astrology was really my ‘natural’ medium). I think you’ll eventually figure out and realise which system you feel most suited to and comfortable with. In the meantime, sure...experiment, study and enjoy this fantastic adventure.

I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions about this, please do ask and I’ll try to assist.

Best,
Admin.
Thank you SOoooo much!!! It helps me a lot to understand my chart! And I'm so happy that I can get what you said about it but it'll take me some time to really learn how to interpret a chart like you do. For the start, I've enrolled in an astrology course! Sure it'll help to be guided by an experience teacher and of course I'll come seek for help from the forum. Thank you so much for maintaining this forum!

I'm excited like I do every time I jump into any hobby/practice. But part of me afraid I'll be lazy and detached from it slowly again like before. Very Cardinal. And sometimes I'm afraid that I may make excuses like "that's the way I am, just following my fate", but it seems too negative for an Aries Sun. I'm learning to be my real self in the best way. Astrology actually helps me a lot, cos there's not only one way to interpret the chart.

Another concern I have is money. I think the big Neptune in my 2nd house contributes a lot. I have no sense of making money. I always tend to give away all my money (Neptune in 2nd squares Moon & Saturn in 11th?). But now I'm trying to make things positive. This lovely Neptune trines my Mars and North Node in the 10th, it that means I'll start making real money if I start having a real career? I never really have a career in my life. I can only call them jobs. I usually feel detached from them. But the part-time job I'm doing makes me feel I'm actually contributing something. I'm working in a Vet clinic as a receptionist, where I can take time interact with lots of people. I used to be a hermit, afraid of people, and too shy to talk. But like I said, I'm in a Big Change. I really changed a lot. I can now talk to people freely and show my feelings. But still, I know it's not where my career would be. That's why I'm searching, through Astrology, for the exciting life path I'm in and will be happily walking through.

Thank you so much for the insights and advise, Admin (I hope I can call you by you name :wink: ).
May All Beings Be Happy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Go K,

With Uranus conjunct the cusp of your 2nd House, financial matters can be erratic, especially with it’s square to Mars/Nodes/Jupiter which can at times get you out of step with not only your own energies, but with the rhythm of your culture. Add to this it’s opposition to Venus and you have a lot of energies in conflict. I think the main thing in your favour there is the fact that Uranus is ‘exalted’ in Scorpio, and Venus is in its own Sign and is ‘dignified’, both of which enables them to act in a more positive way. In other words, the difficulties are still there but you act more from the ‘higher’ qualities of those planets than if they weren’t so placed, and so in a way, these difficult aspects can act more in your favour. But this has to be earned through an effort to balance this rather crazy combination.

And this is where your Saturn comes in, in sextile and trine to both ends of that opposition, and I suspect that when you had your Saturn Return in 2009 you may have, at least in part, discovered a way to do this ?

And then to Neptune in your 2nd House which, as you say is very much that tendency to ‘have no sense of making money and give away all your money’, especially with the square to Saturn (and Moon). This aspect can make it hard to create boundaries – especially with Neptune in free-flowing Sagittarius. The fact that Neptune is so close to your 3rd House cusp means that this same tendency can flow on into the area of your interests and studies so that it is difficult to focus on just one.

And this is where Uranus comes into the picture, as this planet strives to individualise – hence its tendency to be rebellious. Working at its ‘worst’ though, you might tend to rebel just for the sake of it when under enough pressure, and then the Libra Asc. creates more indecision. It’s a very fine balance and can sometimes be quite hard to maintain. This too perhaps, contributes to the ‘giving your money away’ – in other words, make sure that you’re not doing it just to do the opposite of what you know you should do, or what you think others expect of you or are pushing you to do.

Working with a vet will help in perhaps more ways than you might think as, with Cancer on the MC (caring and nurturing), and your Moon in Virgo (‘pets’, and also ‘medical’ matters and serving/helping others), conjunct Saturn; and with Pisces on your 6th and your Sun therein, and Libra Rising (one to one interactions) – this work could help to pull so many elements together in your chart, even if it is ‘only part-time’.

I suspect that with Mars conjunct your North Node in Leo (conjunct the 11th House cusp from the 10th) along with Jupiter, makes it difficult for you to find your ‘Path in Life’/Vocation, as you probably aim too high and then lose impetus because you feel that you’re not capable enough, even though you may be able to appear very confident. So you fly from one interest to another and...wait, hoping that your path will magically appear. This is where the Saturn/Moon conjunction can actually help as even though it can result in your feeling less worthy than you actually are, it modifies that too high reach you may be prone to.

Again, this is about ‘Balance’ (very much a theme in your chart). And with transiting Saturn currently in square to your Sun, this simple work you are doing is a way to learn how to function in something less than your very high goals for yourself. And it is also a means to learn how to concentrate on the ‘now’, which can ultimately lead you to your Vocation and Path. It isn’t easy by any means, as again that balance is necessary. But with transiting Neptune opposite your Moon too (that ‘so easy to just lay back’ influence), both of these aspects are teaching you about selflessness whilst at the same time leading you to a truer ‘individuality’ and therefore a goal/path that is more ‘you’. And now too, transiting Uranus conjunct your Desc./opposite your Asc. is likely to bring those into your life who challenge you to be your own individual self. (Remember too that Uranus is very much connected with Astrology).

It’s a struggle, there is no doubt, but I feel that this transiting Saturn through your 3rd is a great opportunity to settle into a particular study - if you can respond to it - and if you can tone down those incredibly high expectations you have of yourself at being the Absolute Best in any field or vocation.

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
Go K

Post by Go K »

admin wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:55 am Hi Go K,
With Uranus conjunct the cusp of your 2nd House, financial matters can be erratic, especially with it’s square to Mars/Nodes/Jupiter which can at times get you out of step with not only your own energies, but with the rhythm of your culture. Add to this it’s opposition to Venus and you have a lot of energies in conflict. I think the main thing in your favour there is the fact that Uranus is ‘exalted’ in Scorpio, and Venus is in its own Sign and is ‘dignified’, both of which enables them to act in a more positive way. In other words, the difficulties are still there but you act more from the ‘higher’ qualities of those planets than if they weren’t so placed, and so in a way, these difficult aspects can act more in your favour. But this has to be earned through an effort to balance this rather crazy combination...
Thanks again! In 2009, I think it was the year I had a thought to give up the seemingly bright path in the business world and turned into the nature. Then I decided to volunteer in an animal rescue centre. And I was lucky enough to have them hired me as an animal keeper even I didn't have any qualification/experience in the field. All of the thoughts about finding myself/ search for a true self started then.
Reading all these makes me think about what is a right attitude to look at our charts. The charts tell us so much about ourselves and there's so much stuff to explore. But it's dangerous, for some people, to depend too much on it. So I think the balance I should keep here is between the inborn settings (don't want to call it fate as it sounds a bit too passive) and the free will we all have. To embrace both what do or do not favor me(conjunct/opposite). To look for the real joy in life in any moment is the key.
May I also ask about the Pluto in the 12th which is in sextile the Neptune and the Jupiter/Node/Mars on the other side? Since both Pluto's and the 12th house's meaning/ what they represent are a bit arbitrary to me. No matter how many times I read about their meanings, it seems hard to really get it.
May All Beings Be Happy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ho Go K,

Yes, when interpreting a chart I feel it’s important not to speak in absolutes but rather in possibilities. As you say, it’s too easy to influence others, not least of all because those who don’t know much or anything about astrology have the tendency to assume that ‘the astrologer...knows’ and ‘must be right’.

Re Pluto in the 12th, well I have discovered quite a bit about this as I have this position too. Even so, my own experience and understanding of this can never be the same as yourself nor any other individual with that position.

I too have it in sextile to Neptune in the 2nd but in different Signs, and with very different aspects to yours. Nonetheless, I would suggest that Pluto in the 12th connects us with a part of the collective psyche that can feel... threatening. Pluto is after all – amongst other things – the deeper, darker realm, and there’s a tendency for Pluto here to sense undercurrents and sometimes, to misread them and even project their own darker thoughts or suspicions onto others. Similarly, and in quite the opposite way, you can perhaps take on without realising, any negativity that’s around you – feeling that you’re being negative when in fact you’re picking up this negativity from others around you. Hence it’s necessary to be with those, or in environments where your spirits are lifted. Negative people will drag you down. But it’s also a great font of power and energy that can result in constant self-transformation, most especially in your chart with it’s sextile to your Mars.

Pluto Retrograde adds more to the mystery as these powerful energies are turned even more inward – and this (with its trine to Mars and sextile to Neptune) suggests the potential capacity to heal others from this deep font of energy that you are able to tap.

I can see quite a lot going on here but I’m going to suggest that you take a look yourself at various periods when there were major transits involving your Pluto, and perhaps first of all when transiting Pluto came to the conjunction with your Neptune 2004/5. This combination often results in some kind of major transformation and shift in consciousness.

Then look at the ruler of your Pluto (in Libra) – Venus (at the end of your 7th, conjunct your 8th – Pluto/Scorpio’s ‘natural’ abode); the House that Pluto rules – your 2nd (more than just finances as it’s also personal values and self-worth). Then, as we’re talking about it’s conjunction by transit with your Neptune, look at the House that Neptune rules: your 6th – the way in which you approach work and service...remembering that Neptune is the ‘natural’ abode/ruler of the 12th....and that Pluto is in Neptune’s natural House. Perhaps you can see how this all locks together with a little imagination and applying it to your experiences during those couple of years.

Add to this that when Pluto conjoined your Neptune it triggered the trine to your Mars, where it would have arrived more precisely during 2006/7.

I think it’s fair enough to say that the Pluto/Neptune conjunction’s effects are rarely specifically visible, at least until well after it has passed as it’s quite a subtle and slow shift; a sort of underground rumble and feeling that is hard to define except for the fact that ‘something big is changing’.

It’s also helpful to understand what Pluto is doing in the 12th by transits to that position – well currently transiting Pluto is in square to its own position, but I think that that too won’t be clear for a year or two as it will be moving back and forth in this aspect for a while to come. But while it’s doing this, remembering that Pluto is in Libra – watch the way it affects your attitude to relationships, especially how you approach your deeper unions with others. This will be important because after Pluto has finished the square to your natal Pluto, it will very soon after that trine your Venus.

Well I didn’t intend to go this far, but it just ...’took off’ on its own. :roll: Hope it helps !

Best,
Admin.
Go K

Post by Go K »

admin wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:40 am Ho Go K,
Yes, when interpreting a chart I feel it’s important not to speak in absolutes but rather in possibilities. As you say, it’s too easy to influence others, not least of all because those who don’t know much or anything about astrology have the tendency to assume that ‘the astrologer...knows’ and ‘must be right’...
Hi Admin,
Thanks again for so much insights! Around 2006, as I remember, was the year I had both abortion and went bankrupt. It was a very big year. If you tell me I'm about to experience the same level of worries, I'll still be me calm I guest. I really have grow a lot.
There's one big question. Last night, I went to the astrology class. The chart the teacher prepare for us is a whole sign chart. Since my Ascendent is on 27 degree, all of my planets move almost one house forward. That makes a big difference on my chart. It put me into deep thought. Which chart should I follow? The teacher told me my Hero Journey to the Sun is to have find my true self in a relationship(Sun in 7th in Aries). Yes, it's what I'm doing with my boyfriend, but it doesn't resonant much with my heart. Or I'm just very confused. Should I just look at both chart and see which one suits me better? Or is there any way/ theory to judge which one is better?
Attachments
astro_gk whole signs.png
astro_gk whole signs.png (43.65 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
May All Beings Be Happy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Go K,

No no no, that was quite a different set of aspects from what you will be experiencing from Pluto this time. The reason I suggested you look at that period was really about – not the events – but rather what occurred within you, the deep transformation in your consciousness and attitudes - what would you say or what do you think was the outcome of those ‘events’ in your attitude towards life ?

In other words, I was seeking a way for you to find clues about your natal Pluto in the 12th and how it functions in your psyche and life.

This current square to your natal Pluto from transiting Pluto in your 3rd, is likely to bring a major shift and change in the way you think and communicate. You might find (and have been finding) that ordinary ‘superficial’ conversations and communications tire you as you’re seeking the deeper essence of life through your communications. So during this next year or two, as Pluto trines your Saturn in the 11th, and trines your Venus close to the 8th House cusp, I suspect that you’ll seek these deeper meanings and underlying ‘causes’ through your studies and within your friendships and social groups. And just for an example, here you are doing exactly this. So, I think you’ll have a massive shift in these areas which will lead you to new goals ultimately.

Re the Whole Sign chart matter, I don’t think it’s a matter of ‘one or the other’. The fundamental birth chart based on your time of birth is the primary chart to learn and understand. The Whole Sign chart can be used as an adjunct, an extra tool once you have learned as much as you can about your natal birth-time chart and have confidence in your knowledge of this system. And that’s a lot to learn. If you try to mix the systems before you have done this, you’ll get very confused.

As it happens (and as I mentioned before) you have quite a few planets very close to the end of Houses and in the Signs on those next House cusps. So for you, this ‘Whole Sign’ matter can help at least with those planets.

Clearly your astrology teacher is using this as another level of the chart. Has he/she explained about this ?

You know, there are soooo many different House Systems, and each one has its place. I think that each astrologer uses such as ‘Whole Signs’ according to their view of what it shows or suggests. Some feel that it is relevant to ‘the Soul’, others differ on this. I think you should ask him/her to clarify the matter of this system. But again and to repeat, the Natal Chart is the one to learn first...at least in my opinion. But that is just ‘my’ opinion.

I thought I’d mention Robert Hand, a great astrologer, who studied this matter, and you might like to hear what he has to say about this Whole Sign system: https://soundcloud.com/esoteric-voices/ ... whole-sign

Good Luck !

Admin.