advice on my career

This area is for WESTERN ASTROLOGY INTERPRETATIONS AND REPLIES ONLY. Please provide your Birth Date, Place and Time of Birth and ensure that your data is correct before posting.
* Please note that your post cannot be edited or deleted after your query has been responded to, except by request to Admin or Moderators.
vishy050670

advice on my career

Post by vishy050670 »

I live in Mumbai India. I was born on 15th July 1970, at 315 PM at Madurai, India. I have been working from 1991 and have continuously worked in many companies (globally). In Aug. 2017, due to some restructuring, I was asked to resign my last employment. I left that employer on 22nd Sep. 2017. I have been looking for a suitable break last 3 to 4 months, but without any success. I do some freelance consulting. I request the learned members of this forum to advise me when I would be back in a stable corporate job. thanks. visvanathan
vishy050670

Re: advice on my career

Post by vishy050670 »

Sorry, I missed mentioning my sex - Male
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi vishy,

I’ll be surprised if some work opportunity doesn’t arise quite soon – during the next few weeks/month, which may come via a friend or some social group. It might mean less money – at least initially – than you are used to earning, but it might well lead to a better opportunity within this year or next.

You’ll have to make a decision about this which may/may no be difficult, but at least accepting it will help you get back on track and keep you solvent until something more fitting comes along.

Good Luck !

Best,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
vishy050670

Post by vishy050670 »

Dear admin, many thanks for this kind reply. I sincerely appreciate the time taken by you in responding to my query.

Best regards

Visvanathan
vishy050670

Post by vishy050670 »

Team, thanks again for the kind reply

I am summarizing my details

place of birth - Madurai, India

Date of birth - 15th July 1970

Time of birth - 3.15 PM (afternoon)

Sex - Male.

As I mentioned earlier, I had to leave previous well paying regular corporate job in Sep. 2017 (rather abruptly, due to reorganization in my last employer)

I have been meeting/talking to a number of prospective employers from 3rd Aug. 2017 (when the announcement on my exit was indicated). Unfortunately, there has not been a firm closure yet. As advised by admin and in line with market realities, I have taken up a part time consulting work (at a fraction of my previous pay) from 3rd Jan. 2018.

It has been my yearning desire to permanently relocate my family overseas (I am in Indian by birth and live in Mumbai, India). I have got my work permit/residence visa done for the USA (2007), for UAE (2013) and again for UAE (2015). But, unfortunately, due to lack of stability in my projects/assignments, I could not relocate my family.

I request the distinguished members of this forum to advise me when will I be able to get a permanent overseas assignment and what should I do to enable the same.

My second priority is to get a regular employment commensurate to my background, experience and skills. I request again inputs from this forum on when I would be able to get into a regular corporate work.

thanks

regards

Visvanathan
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear Visvanathan,

Your confidence is naturally being undermined by current circumstances so it’s hard to create the right state of mind to invite the success you seek. Clearly family is more important but perhaps you are somehow holding yourself back by your fears about being separated from them. For you, it is always far more important to focus first on family and then on career and studies.

Things are changing for you, even though it doesn’t feel like that right now, but it might not come to full fruition until 2019/2020. However, having said this, there are indications that you’ll move ‘up the ladder’ from Oct. this year, and may find the work that you seek - at least in India if not overseas. However, as this is immediately followed in Dec. this year with the possibility of a strong opportunity arising as expansion, movement and growth is indicated at that time, there may be some overseas affiliation involved. But re this latter date/period it’s a good idea not to get carried away with promises made to you, nor to expand too fast. Keep your feet on the ground.

A choice will need to be made, and it’s a difficult one. You might even have to move away from your family and have them follow you later, though I’m not entirely sure about this. Let’s see first how this year unfolds for you.

Just keep your eye on the goal and keep applying for positions in your professional area whilst in the meantime concentrating on the work you are doing even though it feels inferior and unfulfilling, as nonetheless, your efforts will be rewarded in ways you may not expect.

Best to You,
Admin.
"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present." [Unknown]
vishy050670

Post by vishy050670 »

Dear Admin, many thanks for this detailed note. It just reflected my current situation fully.

I sincerely appreciate the time & interest taken by you in analyzing my details.

Thanks

best regards

Visvanathan
vishy050670

Post by vishy050670 »

Dear Admin, team

Many thanks for all the inputs.

I got a temporary consulting assignment with a large conglomerate in India. It started on 5th Feb., and is for 3 months (till 4th May)

I will be given an option to extend for another 3 to 6 months (or even a permanent role) if the current assignment develops into a large project (which we are hoping for)

Although the salary is less than my previous salary, I am conscious of the fact, it is a restart. Many thanks for predicting this in Jan, when I was not aware what the future is going to be.

I hope to convert this into a serious role. I am also looking for other opportunities. thank you so much once again for analyzing my details and predicting this change accurately. I am very obliged.

Best regards

Visvanathan
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Vishy. Very glad to have been able to help.

Do let me know how matters unfold !

Best,
Admin.
vishy050670

Post by vishy050670 »

Dear admin,

thanks once again.

Things are much better than what it was, say 4 months back. But, my current assignment is ending on 4th May. The recovery of my project looks little distant (considering the slow pace at which regulations, legal systems work in India). I hope this initial contract of 3 months (ending on 4th May) gets renewed.

I am also working on other opportunities. But, they seem to take more time to mature (that what happended in the past)

Kindly review my details and advise how should i plan (whether I should seek an extension in the current setup or look for opportunities outside)

As mentioned earlier, my position has susbtantially improved from the end of last year. thanks for predicting that accurately

best regards

visvanathan